It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:41 am 
1000 CLUB

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Caught transition today between midday and afternoon. Larry used almost all of it as though it was his podcast. Regardless of topic, from basketball to football to colonoscopies, it was his soapbox. Out of 4 people with microphones he must have taken up 80% of the time

Holmes and Bernstein think they are the wise leaders of the Chicago sports (but probably) all media. Tough questions, showdowns with people they cover that could have been a simple side question, their questions are the ones that everyone else wants to ask, etc.

So full of themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
So many of the hours of leery speaking could be condensed onto a post it note. I know it is hard to fill four hours but the amount of time he spends reiterating, and blabbering, and verbally meandering are a waste of time for everyone involved. Dan is politically predictable, often to an excruciating level, but i would take four hours of solo bernstein over this pairing. Holmes has ripped the teeth out of bernsteins mouth after bad bears losses and contributes nothing but comic book references, podcast shilling, mens fashion adoration(goff) and over the top ear grating fake laughter. Larry, shut the fuck up and let dan talk. He is a better dan than you could ever be. You will never be dan, so stop ruining his show.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
On another note, it is blatantly obvious bernstein is sick of working with holmes. You can sense it daily when dan gives larry the podium for segments at a time while checking out to do crosswords or whatever, but every once in a while you get direct, specific evidence. Larry has long clung to old B&B bits, despite not being a part of them, but a few days ago he tried to work in the old YARR bit. Except it didn't make any sense. It wasn't a nut reference, it was some word that rhymed with "yarr". It bothered dan to the point that he said, "You're ruining the bit". Larry replied, "I'm enhancing it." As has been mentioned several times before, larry is not a good radio host. He can only ride the coattails of those before him, and struggles to do even that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
TriColoredPastas wrote:
On another note, it is blatantly obvious bernstein is sick of working with holmes. You can sense it daily when dan gives larry the podium for segments at a time while checking out to do crosswords or whatever, but every once in a while you get direct, specific evidence. Larry has long clung to old B&B bits, despite not being a part of them, but a few days ago he tried to work in the old YARR bit. Except it didn't make any sense. It wasn't a nut reference, it was some word that rhymed with "yarr". It bothered dan to the point that he said, "You're ruining the bit". Larry replied, "I'm enhancing it." As has been mentioned several times before, larry is not a good radio host. He can only ride the coattails of those before him, and struggles to do even that.

Twitch is wonderful evidence for the “Bernstein is coasting” argument. I’m not even sure his headphones are on half the time Leery is soapboxing.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:20 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That's a Chinese basketball prospect I've had an eye on, Long Clung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I served in Nam with Long Clung! And members of Long Clung!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Larry replied, "I'm enhancing it."

fortifying

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:28 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I served in Nam with Long Clung! And members of Long Clung!

Everybody Long Clung tonight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

TriColoredPastas wrote:
So many of the hours of leery speaking could be condensed onto a post it note. I know it is hard to fill four hours but the amount of time he spends reiterating, and blabbering, and verbally meandering are a waste of time for everyone involved. Dan is politically predictable, often to an excruciating level, but i would take four hours of solo bernstein over this pairing. Holmes has ripped the teeth out of bernsteins mouth after bad bears losses and contributes nothing but comic book references, podcast shilling, mens fashion adoration(goff) and over the top ear grating fake laughter. Larry, shut the fuck up and let dan talk. He is a better dan than you could ever be. You will never be dan, so stop ruining his show.

On Friday's show, Laurence told the same story twice where he was at Haymarket Hub and the bartender noticed that he was the host of the NBC show that was on the screen. Laurence thought it was hilarious that he was recognized. So good he had to tell it twice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:27 pm 

BD wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

On Friday's show, Laurence told the same story twice where he was at Haymarket Hub and the bartender noticed that he was the host of the NBC show that was on the screen. Laurence thought it was hilarious that he was recognized. So good he had to tell it twice.

He resembles an overly stuffed sausage, so it’s not like he blends in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:56 am 

He's host of an nbc show?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BD wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

When he told that story, he acted like he did not want the bartender saying anything to him.

You damn well know when the show came on he motioned to the bartender and said something like, "does that guy on the tv look like someone you know?" Basically fishing for recognition humbragi$dman style. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Bernstein and Holmes were talking about how the $5.99 Peacock charge to watch Dolphins-Chiefs is nothing compared to going to a bar. Laurence mentioned that going out isn't cheap. He shared a story of him going to the theater to see Aquaman this past Friday and the "excursion" cost him roughly $90. He's been in Arizona since Thursday. No mention of anyone else that was with him on this $90 excursion. I'm very confused.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Bernstein and Holmes were talking about how the $5.99 Peacock charge to watch Dolphins-Chiefs is nothing compared to going to a bar. Laurence mentioned that going out isn't cheap. He shared a story of him going to the theater to see Aquaman this past Friday and the "excursion" cost him roughly $90. He's been in Arizona since Thursday. No mention of anyone else that was with him on this $90 excursion. I'm very confused.

Just thank God that you didn't run into him and move on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Ron Wolfley wrote:

He's had a condo in Arizona for over a decade and never takes anyone with him when he uses it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:38 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

He's had a condo in Arizona for over a decade and never takes anyone with him when he uses it.

excuse me, he has real estate holdings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

excuse me, he has real estate holdings

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry condescendingly preaching about Peacock was so very bad it was actually a rare entertaining segment on the show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Think he sold it or ex took it. He mentioned hotel today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm 

He also mentioned today that he was not the person to ask for marital advice when Bernsie was going on about a text exchange with his wife about their dinner plans.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

He no longer has the condo, but he's still taking solo trips to Arizona on a regular basis? Hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

He no longer has the condo, but he's still taking solo trips to Arizona on a regular basis? Hmmmmm.

I’m just trying to understand a $90 bill to go see Aquaman solo. Maybe he got to the movie theater bar early and drank a few $11 beers and then ordered $12 mozzarella sticks and a $25 hamburger and some $10 candy as a dessert.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I am just trying to understand why anyone would spend any money at all on that movie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: What??
a genius wrote:
I am just trying to understand why anyone would spend any money at all on that movie.

I'm sure it's better than Fargo S5.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

a genius wrote:

Loneliness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
a genius wrote:

Loneliness

The great ones are always the loneliest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I’m just trying to understand a $90 bill to go see Aquaman solo. Maybe he got to the movie theater bar early and drank a few $11 beers and then ordered $12 mozzarella sticks and a $25 hamburger and some $10 candy as a dessert.

He would have to be having full meals and drinks to get to $90 by himself. I think a ticket costs $15-17 (imax, time of day). maybe $12 for a coke, but he's got to be spending another $60.00 to get to that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:21 pm 

I don't mind going alone. When I do, I bring in a buffet of snacks from the outside in my pockets. I also usually stay for another movie if a second one lines up with the ending of the first.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:29 pm 

Half dozen beers would get you well past $90.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Half dozen beers would get you well past $90.

Sounds like that would cost gd $5.99 plus an oversized jacket from goodwill.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next