It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goff hasn't learned
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

To let other people talk!!!!

Always a problem with Goff in SCORE transitions. He had to dominate. He would just puke out words and interrupt people.

Same problem on FOX. Flip it on.

I watch this shit. Not every week. But that poor Santos girl never gets to talk. They throw out topics where both guests are suppose to comment. And Goff doesn't let the girl talk cuz he dominates the time. Then they have to go to the next topic. Then they have to go to commercial.

Post subject: Re: Goff hasn't learned
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Today isn't so bad so far. But a few weeks ago I was shocked how he didn't let the Santos girl talk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beerdown was a better Beardown than Beardown. RIP

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff was fine today. Bad example. He let the girl talk.

Maybe somebody at FOX got the courage to talk to him. And Goff didn't take it as racism. Which was the fear of somebody at FOX talking to him about this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Goff’s fine. Let it go Ike

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:07 am 

Fox news sunday night sports show has a viewership of hundreds. I reach more people when I scream gibberish in the middle of Daley Center

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
good dolphin wrote:
Fox news sunday night sports show has a viewership of hundreds. I reach more people when I scream gibberish in the middle of Daley Center

How many people under 60 watch local news?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
It's seeing somebody reading a newspaper that I go "WTF". Olden times.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm 

Goff is just Goff, I saw on twitter recently he had a meltdown over a guy who had like 2 followers telling him to not talk race/politics.

He might be the thinnest skin person in the industry. He then quoted all the states he reaches out to now. Someone can find the tweet if they care.

Will never understand that kind of ultra sensitivity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:48 pm 

cookie23 wrote:
Goff is just Goff, I saw on twitter recently he had a meltdown over a guy who had like 2 followers telling him to not talk race/politics.

He might be the thinnest skin person in the industry. He then quoted all the states he reaches out to now. Someone can find the tweet if they care.

Will never understand that kind of ultra sensitivity.

You should read Bigfan's library of posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
The Saturday ESPN national show that he's on is a tough listen. He's not a good 2nd or 3rd banana. He needs space.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
August Schell wrote:
The Saturday ESPN national show that he's on is a tough listen. He's not good.

FTFY.

He must love being on a network where you're not allowed to talk about racism.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Who is more thin skinned?

Goff or LoHo?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:20 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jason. They're both easily gotten to but Laurence doesn't go into those all-out sputtering meltdowns like Jason does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Goff or LoHo?

It's close. I'll go with Larry, though. But not by much. Both these guys act like tough guys, but they are pussies.

You can't go through life where you get offended when people bust your balls. These guys can't take it. That's why they are great friends. Because they suck each other's dick. These two just tell each other that they are great all the time.

Goff: Larry, you're great.

Larry: Thanks. You're great too. I mean, you're really, really great.

Who the fuck wants a friend like that? It's all phony bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Beardown wrote:

Who the fuck wants a friend like that? It's all phony bullshit.

Says the guy who makes a fool out of himself for the amusement of others on a message board

Fuck outta here

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Goff or LoHo?

They are both ridiculous thin skinned, but Goff probably wins because he is interested in using those moments where he is offended (which doesn't take much and are mainly examples of his inability to separate race from anything else) to make it a topic on his show.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I have no clue if these stats are right, but it appears the vast majority of the fans do not want politics mixed with sports. Anytime a place like ESPN or a host takes a side in these cultural fights, they are going to piss one side off. But based on this data, I can see why ESPN is trying to avoid getting in the muck.

“Since Pitaro was appointed president in March 2018, he has stated publicly that ESPN’s viewers do not want the network to cover politics that does not intersect with sports. According to research conducted last month by the network, 74% of fans don’t want to hear about politics on ESPN. That includes avid fans (85%), Republicans (84%) and Democrats (69%). The survey did not specifically define “politics.””

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
I have no clue if these stats are right, but it appears the vast majority of the fans do not want politics mixed with sports. Anytime a place like ESPN or a host takes a side in these cultural fights, they are going to piss one side off. But based on this data, I can see why ESPN is trying to avoid getting in the muck.

“Since Pitaro was appointed president in March 2018, he has stated publicly that ESPN’s viewers do not want the network to cover politics that does not intersect with sports. According to research conducted last month by the network, 74% of fans don’t want to hear about politics on ESPN. That includes avid fans (85%), Republicans (84%) and Democrats (69%). The survey did not specifically define “politics.””

I just don't see the benefit to the station/network to do this, especially since, as these numbers point out, you're enraging at least 1/2 of the audience, if not more in a sports talk setting (since conservatives seem to love talk radio). If I wanted to know Dan Bernstein's political thoughts, i would just read AOC's twitter feed or turn on MSNBC - I understand these hosts get big heads and think their opinions on politics are needed, but they are really not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:18 pm 

BD wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I just don't see the benefit to the station/network to do this, especially since, as these numbers point out, you're enraging at least 1/2 of the audience, if not more in a sports talk setting (since conservatives seem to love talk radio). If I wanted to know Dan Bernstein's political thoughts, i would just read AOC's twitter feed or turn on MSNBC - I understand these hosts get big heads and think their opinions on politics are needed, but they are really not.

I agree and think the overwhelming vast majority of people do as well. With politics you tend to only see one side as "politics." If someone like Will Cain or Clay Travis say something, to many on the right it is common sense.
When someone like Max Kellerman or Dan Lebatard say something, they are correct, right side of history, etc.

Fact is the country is divided. I would say it is 53/47 dems on overall population.

That said sports unite across race, religion, politics. I know where these people stand on politics and dont care. I hate when sports commentators say should I "stick to sports" sarcasm. Yes! You have every right to talk politics, but I don't listen to you to hear about your political views.

If I went to my primary care doctor and instead of going over my health history he talks about being pro or anti trump, I would find a different doctor. His job is to be a doctor. The job of sports commentators is talk about........SPORTS.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Many of the hosts deride callers/contributors for what they refer to as either, "meatball" or "out of town stupid", takes on local sports. However, whenever Dan or Hub (especially Hub who readily admits to being a 60's hippie liberal) discuss politics they simply parrot talking points, making their political thoughts pretty much meatball and out of town stupid. So, by using the hosts own logic, nobody should really listen to what they have to say. Podcasts make it real easy to PTFB whenever they go off on a political tangent.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
BD wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I agree and think the overwhelming vast majority of people do as well. With politics you tend to only see one side as "politics." If someone like Will Cain or Clay Travis say something, to many on the right it is common sense.
When someone like Max Kellerman or Dan Lebatard say something, they are correct, right side of history, etc.

Fact is the country is divided. I would say it is 53/47 dems on overall population.

That said sports unite across race, religion, politics. I know where these people stand on politics and dont care. I hate when sports commentators say should I "stick to sports" sarcasm. Yes! You have every right to talk politics, but I don't listen to you to hear about your political views.

If I went to my primary care doctor and instead of going over my health history he talks about being pro or anti trump, I would find a different doctor. His job is to be a doctor. The job of sports commentators is talk about........SPORTS.

As far as ideology, polling has shown there are more conservatives than liberals, but more and more people are referring to themselves as independent as a growing number of the population are tired of the tribal and identity politics.

I was actually at the dentist this past week when my dentist was talking to his assistant about Trump. He definitely wasn't a fan, but didn't come across as a lunatic on the left though. He kept it pretty good natured, and did take some time to rip into Illinois politicians as well for their spend and taxing habits. I was not able to contribute to the conversation and wasn't going to say anything to irritate the dentist since he was working on me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Many of the hosts deride callers/contributors for what they refer to as either, "meatball" or "out of town stupid", takes on local sports. However, whenever Dan or Hub (especially Hub who readily admits to being a 60's hippie liberal) discuss politics they simply parrot talking points, making their political thoughts pretty much meatball and out of town stupid. So, by using the hosts own logic, nobody should really listen to what they have to say. Podcasts make it real easy to PTFB whenever they go off on a political tangent.

They get very sensitive when questioned about why they are talking politics. Not hard to understand why the listeners aren't interested in getting political opinions from people like Goff or Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
Exactly what is considered a “political” opinion? Is it political to say that Joe Paterno statue deserves to be kept in the garbage dump?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jason: Racism is wrong. Don't be racist!!!!

Julie: Sexism is wrong. Don't be sexist!!!!

Bernstein: Sexism and racism is wrong. Well, that's what I say on the air. But don't catch me in my private life.

Beardown: We got it, boys. You three are the first ones to come up with these opinions. I agree. Most of your listeners agree. Those things are wrong and bad. But you're doing sports radio. You're not gonna convince the racists and sexists to not be racists and sexists. So just do the fucking sports. Please.

Bernstein: Did I also mention that I'm against grown ass men raping boys? That's wrong too. That's the one that I believe in my private life as well.

Beardown: Another unique stance, Danny boy. You're the best.

Bernstein: Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
I have never seen Goff on TV; does he find everything hilarious like he did when he was on the Score?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

TomPretty wrote:
I have never seen Goff on TV; does he find everything hilarious like he did when he was on the Score?

I catch it every now and then. Doesn't quite laugh like a maniac like he did at the SCORE. But the interrupting and talking over people is still a problem.

That's something that should have been corrected at this point in Goff's career. But none of his bosses tell him it's a problem. Or his co workers. Why? They're scared Goff will take it as them being racist. So they just fire him a lot instead of trying to give him advice. And that's kind of a shame. One of these "white devil" media bosses should just politely tell him what his problems are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Beardown wrote:
TomPretty wrote:

I catch it every now and then. Doesn't quite laugh like a maniac like he did at the SCORE. But the interrupting and talking over people is still a problem.

That's something that should have been corrected at this point in Goff's career. But none of his bosses tell him it's a problem. Or his co workers. Why? They're scared Goff will take it as them being racist. So they just fire him a lot instead of trying to give him advice. And that's kind of a shame. One of these "white devil" media bosses should just politely tell him what his problems are.

MANY black people laugh enthusiastically.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:14 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Beardown wrote:
Jason: Racism is wrong. Don't be racist!!!!

Julie: Sexism is wrong. Don't be sexist!!!!

Bernstein: Sexism and racism is wrong. Well, that's what I say on the air. But don't catch me in my private life.

Beardown: We got it, boys. You three are the first ones to come up with these opinions. I agree. Most of your listeners agree. Those things are wrong and bad. But you're doing sports radio. You're not gonna convince the racists and sexists to not be racists and sexists. So just do the fucking sports. Please.

Bernstein: Did I also mention that I'm against grown ass men raping boys? That's wrong too. That's the one that I believe in my private life as well.

Beardown: Another unique stance, Danny boy. You're the best.

Bernstein: Thank you.

I've just gotta get high with this guy....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:

My condolences to you for losing your wife who was murdered by the FBI.