It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
from Jon Greenberg today:
Quote:
Waddle and Silvy are up in 2022.

DeFalco’s deal is up this spring.

Jurko and Kaplan recently got one-year extensions to take them through 2020.

ABC 7’s Mark Giangreco re-upped his deal this year.

Matt Spiegel could be available as well. His deal, which was signed when he was The Score’s mid-day host, is up.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
It will be interesting to see what they do with Spiegel. I've always been a big Meatpants fan and I hope they keep him around. He's head and shoulders a better fill in host than Rozner, and I would put him ahead of Mulli and McKnight as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I hope they keep him around as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Warren Newson wrote:
It will be interesting to see what they do with Spiegel. I've always been a big Meatpants fan and I hope they keep him around. He's head and shoulders a better fill in host than Rozner, and I would put him ahead of Mulli and McKnight as well.

Fire the living fuck out of McKnight. Fire him until he's embers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

McKnight was Jimmy deCastro's boy. With him "retiring" it will be interesting to see what happens with Connor. I would like Spiegel to get a regular time slot. He can be annoying at times but is miles ahead of McKnight. When I hear him on my radio I at least stick around long enough to listen to what they are talking about. When I hear McKnight I immediately PTFB.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow. Spiegel is still getting paid his contract. It's been well over a year. Good for him. Jeez. I was wondering how he was surviving by just being a fill in guy. Now I know.

Yet they were able to kill Goff's contract.

That's some nice racism right there by DeCastro. White devil.

But I agree. Put Spiegel with Bernstein. McDoink has to go.

Carmen is a vapid bimbo. I'm shocked he's lasted as long as he has in radio. He's just a complete idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Meatpants will just be the new Rozner and will be in the wings in a few years when Danny Mac calls it quits.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
When is Bernstein up for renewal?

I was talking about this with a relative in the car today, and the idea that 1000 may try to get meatpants and Rozner together came up. I'm not sure where they'd fit together, maybe going against Laurence.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Wow. Spiegel is still getting paid his contract. It's been well over a year. Good for him. Jeez. I was wondering how he was surviving by just being a fill in guy. Now I know.

Carmen is a vapid bimbo. I'm shocked he's lasted as long as he has in radio. He's just a complete idiot.

If Goff had used an agent the clause voiding his contract after being off the air for a month probably is not included.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:10 am 
1000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

If Goff had used an agent the clause voiding his contract after being off the air for a month probably is not included.

I know. He's stupid. I was being sarcastic.

Goff did that interview with Larry on a podcast. The thing that was shocking to me is that Goff didn't realize that it was gonna happen the way it happened until it happened. He never read his contract at the time. Just signed it. So it was a complete shock to Goff.

So initially when Goff got fired he was thinking, "Cool, my ass still gets paid for 2 years". Or whatever his deal was. Then when Goff figured it out his reaction was this...

Goff: :shock:

Then it went to this...

Goff: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:29 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I know. He's stupid. I was being sarcastic.

Goff did that interview with Larry on a podcast. The thing that was shocking to me is that Goff didn't realize that it was gonna happen the way it happened until it happened. He never read his contract at the time. Just signed it. So it was a complete shock to Goff.

So initially when Goff got fired he was thinking, "Cool, my ass still gets paid for 2 years". Or whatever his deal was. Then when Goff figured it out his reaction was this...

Goff: :shock:

Then it went to this...

Goff: :cry:

But he told us Playas, that everything was gonna be aight...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I don't know how Carmen and Jurko have managed to keep their jobs this long, so I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they renew their contracts. Carmen is just dumb.

"Didn't Walter Payton play linebacker one season? I thought he did. Danny's saying he didn't. Are you sure? Can someone check that?"

"Wednesday always comes after Tuesday, right? Does it ever come after Thursday? No? Really?!?! I thought it did one year. Can someone check that?"

Speigel and Rozner would be an improvement over Carmen and Jurko but probably wouldn't improve the station's ratings very much.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought ESPN was getting out of the local radio thing?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

yeah...pretty much. He's no good with Bernsie at all, just too similar sounding, jokes are the same, and sounds so above it all....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tad Queasy wrote:
I don't know how Carmen and Jurko have managed to keep their jobs this long, so I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they renew their contracts. Carmen is just dumb.

"Didn't Walter Payton play linebacker one season? I thought he did. Danny's saying he didn't. Are you sure? Can someone check that?"

"Wednesday always comes after Tuesday, right? Does it ever come after Thursday? No? Really?!?! I thought it did one year. Can someone check that?"

Speigel and Rozner would be an improvement over Carmen and Jurko but probably wouldn't improve the station's ratings very much.

You didn’t put enough “Danny’s” in. He says “Danny” about 50 times per hour.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Carmen is better than anyone on 670.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:49 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
IMU wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:56 am 

IMU wrote:

Bad thought.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:36 am 
1000 CLUB

sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:

That is laughable. Carmen is a complete bimbo. An idiot.

Carm: So Jurko, do you think the Bears will win this week. I mean, I don't know. They might win. Or they might lose. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the game is over. I guess at that point we'll know if they won or lost. Right, Jurko?

Jurko: That's right, kid.

Carm: Golly gee. Ya know what? I just thought of something. It could be a tie. I mean that's possible. Right, Jurko?

Jurko: That's true, kid. It's certainly possible.

This is literally the stupidity I hear whenever I get a chance to hear this show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: coal fire
Beardown wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:

That is laughable. Carmen is a complete bimbo. An idiot.

Carm: So Jurko, do you think the Bears will win this week. I mean, I don't know. They might win. Or they might lose. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the game is over. I guess at that point we'll know if they won or lost. Right, Jurko?

Jurko: That's right, kid.

Carm: Golly gee. Ya know what? I just thought of something. It could be a tie. I mean that's possible. Right, Jurko?

Jurko: That's true, kid. It's certainly possible.

This is literally the stupidity I hear whenever I get a chance to hear this show.

This literally just ruined the show for me... :cry: