It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Sam Fels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
...now writing at Deadspin reboot. Havent seen any of his usual snark and overall Shittiness, though.

Post subject: Re: Sam Fels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I stopped listening, reading, and following them over the course of the last year. Haven't missed them at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
His name is on the byline. I'm not reading. I'm not clicking. Fuck him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
Yeah, sure, swerving in and out of a caravan at high speeds isn’t exactly safe. But then again these assholes aren’t exactly interested in making life safe for Hopkins, or for the rest of us. The optics here are just wonderful, though.

:lol: These fucking people.

It's fine to break up a political rally by swerving through it at high speeds and flicking people off as long as you disagree with them politically.

https://deadspin.com/deandre-hopkins-sw ... 1845484537

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, sure, swerving in and out of a caravan at high speeds isn’t exactly safe. But then again these assholes aren’t exactly interested in making life safe for Hopkins, or for the rest of us. The optics here are just wonderful, though.

It's fine to break up a political rally by swerving through it at high speeds and flicking people off as long as you disagree with them politically.

Yeah but THE PROUD BOYS !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:39 pm 

Sure he broke laws and risked injuring or killing people, and here is a 500 word defense of it that says he's right and cool for doing it. These people are mentally ill.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
It's the same mentality as Julie saying it's ok to tweet "I want to punch Jared Kushner" but then complaining about similar comments/threats made against her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah but THE PROUD BOYS !!!

Plus the kids in the cars got to see a multi-millionaire put their lives in danger UP CLOSE IN A FERRARI!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Well, at least he didn't murder anyone like Gran Turismo Charlottesville guy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, at least he didn't murder anyone like Gran Turismo Charlottesville guy.

At least no one died during this highly ridiculous and dangerous stunt!

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:01 pm 

Yes, that's correct, I'm glad no one died this time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I wonder if anyone posting in this thread has openly wished for protestors to be run over?

Tribalism wins the day yet again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
How is that site still in business? The "talent" has to be working for almost free or they are all just circle jerking their stimulus money to one another. It will be a nice piece of history to visit from time to time just like designated hotter which is actually far more tolerable read.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I cant wait for the day when his headline reads "Well, An Angry Reader Decided To Beat My Ass and Here's What I Have and Have Not Learned About Being a Shithead..."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
I cant wait for the day when his headline reads "Well, An Angry Reader Decided To Beat My Ass and Here's What I Have and Have Not Learned About Being a Shithead..."

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:17 pm 

Sam Fels has the attention of Barstool and Minifans now. And he went hard with Barfstool in this takedown.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:22 pm 

Looking forward to the next chapter of his career-long Terry Boers impression, where he finally confronts a longtime antagonist but backs down by blustering about how he's an idiot who doesn't really know anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
NWHL needs a new marketing director because I didn't know there was an NWHL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:29 pm 

Much like women's soccer, the NWHL relies heavily on a moral-obligation model of marketing. You don't watch an NWHL game because it's really good hockey. You don't even watch an NWHL game because it's an affordable fun night out for the whole family (when we could do that). No, you watch the NWHL game because it's your duty as a feminist or Strong Male Ally to do so, and then tell other people to do the same. It's hockey you can watch with a clear conscience because there's no toxic masculinity. Is the hockey good? No, it's ECHL at best minus the fighting. When you think about it, it's not dissimilar to the marketing for Christian rock.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Much like women's soccer, the NWHL relies heavily on a moral-obligation model of marketing. You don't watch an NWHL game because it's really good hockey. You don't even watch an NWHL game because it's an affordable fun night out for the whole family (when we could do that). No, you watch the NWHL game because it's your duty as a feminist or Strong Male Ally to do so, and then tell other people to do the same. It's hockey you can watch with a clear conscience because there's no toxic masculinity. Is the hockey good? No, it's ECHL at best minus the fighting. When you think about it, it's not dissimilar to the marketing for Christian rock.

Id watch it if they got some nice underwear shots of Hilary Knight during intermission.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 pm 

Another note on the NWHL: if I'm not mistaken, it's a four-team circuit of New York, Boston, Buffalo, and Hartford. The teams play in community rinks or practice facilities -- I know the Buffalo team played at the Sabres' new annex. So right off the bat, even though any hockey fan will tell you that the game can only be truly appreciated in person, there are (or were) precious few opportunities to watch the league in person unless you live in the tri-state area, Buffalo, or Boston, all of which are fine hockey markets but hardly exhaustive. The league has a streaming TV deal, but again, we're talking about community rinks. Have you ever watched a Wolves@Rockford game on the U? It's a suboptimal telecast, and the MetroCentre is nearly a legitimate mid-market performance venue, not Johnny's Ice House.

So most people who purport to be avid NWHL fans would have to be watching these glorified fancams on their computers or phones, which is no way to watch hockey. Frankly, I think they're bluffing, because I'm a big hockey fan and I know I don't have the patience for that shit. I've tried to watch QMJHL games and I lose interest in about 15 minutes. In conclusion, no one watches this league, they just talk about it and talk about it and talk about talking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Curious Hair wrote:

Watched some on YouTube. It's like watching a gold mite game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Would someone with multing credentials create a Strong Male Ally? I think JDC and the cucks could use some help around these pages. And please find a really good avatar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Id watch it if they got some nice underwear shots of Hilary Knight during intermission.

Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:16 pm 

Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's

Sam Fels has the attention of Barstool and Minifans now. And he went hard with Barfstool in this takedown.

Never heard of her, google image search reveals she looks nothing like that pic though. Id have put money on that woman being a very unattractive midget. Terrible pic of her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:26 pm 

312player wrote:

Never heard of her, google image search reveals she looks nothing like that pic though. Id have put money on that woman being a very unattractive midget. Terrible pic of her.

In an ultimate twist of irony (maybe?), I think that's why Deadspin chose the photo...for an article about fomenting toxic masculinity...by Barstool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
She's got a little Rocky Dennis thing going on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:32 pm 

This is now a trend with Sam Fels. He adds on some random sports thoughts at the end of his article, which is a really strange strategy.

Quote:
And given that the NWHL streams its games on Twitch, and the lawless backcountry wasteland that the internet can turn into, who knows what NWHL broadcasts could have to deal with in the future.

The NWHL’s hands aren’t completely clean. They’ve had players appear on Barstool podcasts in the past, though the league seems to be going out of its way to prevent that from ever happening again. Player Saroya Tinker seems to be carrying what the players’ message will be from here on out, thankfully.

Is this a fight the NWHL can win? Hard to say. But it’s one certainly worth fighting.

On to the actual games, a couple of signature performances in the NBA last night. LeBron James unleashed 46 points on the Cavs last night in a 115-108 win, which seems particularly brutal given the history there. And that wasn’t even the most poignant one of the night in the Associations. Luka Doncic put up a triple-double of 35-11-16 in the Mavs’ 117-113 loss to the Nuggets. It’s the 16th triple-double of Doncic’s career, all before turning 22. That’s more than every NBA player in the history of the league had accomplished before the age of 22. Which is … something.

And fighting Barstool... is not worth fighting or a fight that this rec league can win.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
GoldenJet wrote:
She's got a little Rocky Dennis thing going on.

:lol: Or drunk bad old white snake chick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next