It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sam Fels
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Uncle Pete's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
those deadspin writers are all a bunch of crybaby cowards. they dont even allow comments on their articles because the majority of them would get torn apart for shitty takes and poor writing. and for just generally being assclowns

Deadspin used to be somewhat entertaining. I think most people hate read it now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
It's a zombie website. Their owners pay these dopes nothing and slowly the corpse will eventually become unprofitable and the site will be dead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
https://deadspin.com/we-re-on-the-preci ... 1849427859

Quote:
The acquiescence to NIL deals always felt like the last gasp that wouldn’t survive the tide

Hate it when the tide sweeps my gasps away

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
what a pretentious prick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Soup Kitchen
the engagement on this is pathetic with 800k some followers

https://twitter.com/Deadspin?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
When you read the vile garbage this piece of shit writes it's really amusing knowing that he actually believes he is a "good person."

Like the liberal shitheads I was at dinner with the other night. I'm sure the guy who stole my seat has an "In this house we believe..." sign on his front lawn. And then there was the homo bear that bullied my wife.

When I travel to MAGA Country next week the people will be a lot more polite. Of that I have no doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
When you read the vile garbage this piece of shit writes it's really amusing knowing that he actually believes he is a "good person."

Like the liberal shitheads I was at dinner with the other night. I'm sure the guy who stole my seat has an "In this house we believe..." sign on his front lawn. And then there was the homo bear that bullied my wife.

When I travel to MAGA Country next week the people will be a lot more polite. Of that I have no doubt.

bUt jAn 6tH !!!!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Seems like there’s an entertaining story or two in there.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Seems like there’s an entertaining story or two in there.

Yeah, maybe I'll type it out when I have some time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

OK Boomer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

By homo bear, do you mean your typical gay bear that is bigger, hairier and a bit rugged?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Derplington wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

By homo bear, do you mean your typical gay bear that is bigger, hairier and a bit rugged?

Yeah. He was a big ugly bear with a bitchy attitude.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm picturing Winnie the Pooh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 pm 

Is this thread bump in response to something he wrote lately, or just kind of a lifetime achievement award?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:20 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Curious Hair wrote:
Is this thread bump in response to something he wrote lately, or just kind of a lifetime achievement award?

It got bumped because a gay bear bullied JORR's wife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:06 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:

I don't want to link to his bullshit but he celebrated the fact that LaRussa had heart problems and also used the column to declare everyone in the entire city of St. Louis to be garbage. Really just regurgitating the talking points of his mentor dan bernstein.

On the one hand these guys will mock the "meatball" fan for being so invested in the fortunes of a sports franchise. On the other hand they apparently think those fortunes are important enough to wish death on managers or players they dislike.

Anyway, my wife and I attended an event the other night. The crowd was comprised of the kind of people who have those stupid "In this house we believe..." signs in their front yards. There were more than a few gay and lesbian couples.

We arrived in the first wave of guests. There was an hour long reception with passed apps and cocktails and then a seated dinner at communal tables. They advised us we could sit anywhere except one specific table which was reserved for close friends of the guest of honor. My wife placed her jacket on a chair at the end of one of the tables and we went to the bar to mingle during the cocktail hour.

Eventually people began taking their seats. I noticed that a soft looking fat guy and his unfashionable wife/girlfriend and an older couple had congregated at the corner of the table where my wife's jacket was on the chair. The seats were now being taken rapidly and I told my wife we should go sit down. I went to the corner of the table and started to sit across from the seat where my wife's jacket was. The soft fat guy said, "Oh, we're sitting here." I said, "Really? That's my jacket right there. Didn't you see it?"

I was really annoyed at this point. I know I'm going to have to sit with these people for the next couple of hours. It seems petty to make a big deal over a seat, but I'm also not going to be bullied when it was pretty obvious that we had claimed those two seats before these people had even arrived. So I said, "Look, I'm not going to make a big deal over a seat. What do you want to do? There are six of us at this end of the table, where do you want to go?" The older guy could see that I was hot and he swooped in and said, "No worries, we'll figure it out." He introduced himself and his wife to my wife. I introduced myself to the soft guy and his wife and shook their hands.

They ended up taking the four seats on the end with my wife and I next to them on opposites sides of the table. It turned out well because the people to our other side were cool and we actually sat talking with them well after the event was over. But I was still slightly annoyed at the balls on the soft guy.

We were at a long table of twleve and there was another table of twelve right behind my wife. There wasn't much room between the two tables. It was difficult to move between them on my wife's side. My wife figured she better run to the restroom before dinner began and she squeezed her way out. When she returned it was impossible for her to take her seat without others moving. There was a fat couple of bears behind her and the one bear was going to need to move for my wife to sit down. But he refused to stand up. He petulantly said, "I can't move. That woman's chair is on an angle. Tell her to straighten it out." Just a complete fucking asshole. My wife was finally able to squeeze herself past him and sit down.

It got me to thinking- and reading Fels and bernstein reminded me and reinforced my thoughts- these types of people are so convinced of their own "goodness" yet they are actually mean, rude jerkoffs.

Next week I'll be in rural Ohio. There will be a lot of red caps. I'll interact with a lot of people that Fels and bernstein and the people at the event I was at the other night undoubtedly believe they are better than. But my wife won't be bullied by a burly homo and if I tell some guy he is in my seat, he will apologize and move.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:13 am 

You do realize his work has a circulation of about 10 people and that no one but here actually knows the name?

He is a loser, alone in this world whose only friend growing up was the Score. The perfect villain creation story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I confess to not even knowing who he is. Was an he an intern or producer at the Score before the Deadspin gig?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:35 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
The perfect villain creation story.

I may draw a comic based on him when I have some time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Augie wrote:
I confess to not even knowing who he is. Was an he an intern or producer at the Score before the Deadspin gig?

https://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtop ... 5&start=60

page 3 of this thread is a good place to get a handle on his background.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The perfect villain creation story.

I may draw a comic based on him when I have some time.

Can he be vanquished in page 1, frame 1?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't want to link to his bullshit but he celebrated the fact that LaRussa had heart problems and also used the column to declare everyone in the entire city of St. Louis to be garbage. Really just regurgitating the talking points of his mentor dan bernstein.

"St. Louis is the worst city in the world" has been a Deadspin hobbyhorse since the Ferguson riots, maybe even before then. And let's be fair, it is kind of a dump. But that's mostly him trying in vain to impress the Defector writers.

You have a point, though, that the new watchword among progressive writers is "moral clarity," and that's something they feel they have when they muse that it'd be nice if Tony La Russa had a heart attack and died. The moral clarity of that is debatable, and besides, I thought we left going on and on about moral clarity to Focus on the Family.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

On the one hand these guys will mock the "meatball" fan for being so invested in the fortunes of a sports franchise. On the other hand they apparently think those fortunes are important enough to wish death on managers or players they dislike.

Anyway, my wife and I attended an event the other night. The crowd was comprised of the kind of people who have those stupid "In this house we believe..." signs in their front yards. There were more than a few gay and lesbian couples.

We arrived in the first wave of guests. There was an hour long reception with passed apps and cocktails and then a seated dinner at communal tables. They advised us we could sit anywhere except one specific table which was reserved for close friends of the guest of honor. My wife placed her jacket on a chair at the end of one of the tables and we went to the bar to mingle during the cocktail hour.

Eventually people began taking their seats. I noticed that a soft looking fat guy and his unfashionable wife/girlfriend and an older couple had congregated at the corner of the table where my wife's jacket was on the chair. The seats were now being taken rapidly and I told my wife we should go sit down. I went to the corner of the table and started to sit across from the seat where my wife's jacket was. The soft fat guy said, "Oh, we're sitting here." I said, "Really? That's my jacket right there. Didn't you see it?"

I was really annoyed at this point. I know I'm going to have to sit with these people for the next couple of hours. It seems petty to make a big deal over a seat, but I'm also not going to be bullied when it was pretty obvious that we had claimed those two seats before these people had even arrived. So I said, "Look, I'm not going to make a big deal over a seat. What do you want to do? There are six of us at this end of the table, where do you want to go?" The older guy could see that I was hot and he swooped in and said, "No worries, we'll figure it out." He introduced himself and his wife to my wife. I introduced myself to the soft guy and his wife and shook their hands.

They ended up taking the four seats on the end with my wife and I next to them on opposites sides of the table. It turned out well because the people to our other side were cool and we actually sat talking with them well after the event was over. But I was still slightly annoyed at the balls on the soft guy.

We were at a long table of twleve and there was another table of twelve right behind my wife. There wasn't much room between the two tables. It was difficult to move between them on my wife's side. My wife figured she better run to the restroom before dinner began and she squeezed her way out. When she returned it was impossible for her to take her seat without others moving. There was a fat couple of bears behind her and the one bear was going to need to move for my wife to sit down. But he refused to stand up. He petulantly said, "I can't move. That woman's chair is on an angle. Tell her to straighten it out." Just a complete fucking asshole. My wife was finally able to squeeze herself past him and sit down.

It got me to thinking- and reading Fels and bernstein reminded me and reinforced my thoughts- these types of people are so convinced of their own "goodness" yet they are actually mean, rude jerkoffs.

Next week I'll be in rural Ohio. There will be a lot of red caps. I'll interact with a lot of people that Fels and bernstein and the people at the event I was at the other night undoubtedly believe they are better than. But my wife won't be bullied by a burly homo and if I tell some guy he is in my seat, he will apologize and move.

Fels is an idiot but to act like maga people are good people is hilarious. I think regular people on each side have more in common then you think, most want affordable education, universal healthcare, no more wars and people taxed properly. But to defend people who defend an orange man who doesnt even care about them is hilarious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Fels is an idiot but to act like maga people are good people is hilarious. I think regular people on each side have more in common then you think, most want affordable education, universal healthcare, no more wars and people taxed properly. But to defend people who defend an orange man who doesnt even care about them is hilarious

Well said.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

DAC wrote:
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Well said.

Two guys attempting to deny my lived experience. I know the difference between how I'm treated by Yard Sign Liberals and how I'm treated by MAGA hats.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
MAGA hat people treat MAGA hat preacher JORR better than Yard Sign Liberals treat him, who could have foreseen this seismic shift in societal norms?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:54 pm 

https://deadspin.com/no-serena-1849538946

Quote:
The thing about Serena, other than the accomplishments, was that it always felt like she didn’t give a flying fuck what anyone thought. Remember after the first game of every set, when every other player quickly returns to their chair and gets some water? And Serena would just walk to the other side of the court around the other side of the net? Ultimate IDGAF move. If Serena wanted to take some time to focus on fashion or acting? That’s what she’s going to do, she doesn’t care what you think. Players bitch about some of her antics? Don’t give a fuck. The crowd against her for years? Fuck that, she’ll win anyway. Skip out on Indian Wells for a decade because of their sickening booing of her and her sister? What Serena wants (and don’t think the crowd was on her side until recently).

Coming back now, or really ever, would feel like Serena can’t live without the adulation. An adulation she didn’t really have for a long time and made clear she didn’t need. She’s got things on her plate. She’s got stuff to do.

Nerdy Jewish guys who went to private school love to be like "hayHAYhay gurl, Serena is a fierce queen serving LURKS and living her best life and we are here for it! We love this for her."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:04 pm 

She sure gave a fuck when Maria Sharapova beat her. She not only cried, she got mad that Sharapova wrote about her crying.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
W_Z wrote:
She sure gave a fuck when Maria Sharapova beat her. She not only cried, she got mad that Sharapova wrote about her crying.

In a sport famous for poor losers, Serena was the worst of them all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:22 pm 

W_Z wrote:

Said it before and I'll say it again, she's the New England Patriots for libs: running up the score on everyone to a chorus of "NO ONE BELIEVED IN US"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next