It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Sam Fels
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Lets put this discussion where it belongs where a baseball sage already posited the question years ago.

https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=106060&p=2699168&hilit=Yadier+Molina#p2699168

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:
Lets put this discussion where it belongs where a baseball sage already posited the question years ago.

https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=106060&p=2699168&hilit=Yadier+Molina#p2699168

Glad to see I was consistent. I even cited Sundberg back in 2017.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: What??
badrogue17 wrote:

Good thread. Apologist threatened to stab somebody.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So a NO on Molina? I think as years go on, you're going to see less and less of catchers handling a staff, calling good games, being a team leader. His HOF value will increase, I would hope.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So a NO on Molina? I think as years go on, you're going to see less and less of catchers handling a staff, calling good games, being a team leader. His HOF value will increase, I would hope.

The extra five years from the previous conversation didn't hurt him. I just think he's borderline. It wouldn't upset me if he got in. But there are similar guys who aren't.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
So much of St. Louis's success over Molina's tenure has come from having a shit sandwich of a starting rotation that still somehow overperforms. I guess he has to get some credit as a common denominator in that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:13 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
So much of St. Louis's success over Molina's tenure has come from having a shit sandwich of a starting rotation that still somehow overperforms. I guess he has to get some credit as a common denominator in that.

It's an odd thing about great catchers. All the machinery just seems to run more smoothly. It felt that way with McCann vs Grandal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:38 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
Even if you put aside the defiant and ignorant Chiefs fans doing the chop on Indigenous People’s Day — a truly lovely touch — or Troy Aikman insulting any woman who might be watching the broadcast, it was also an example of how the league’s refs are pretty much making it up as they go.

"And they did it on ______ Day" is like "and that cop was just two days away from retirement" for humanities students.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

It's an odd thing about great catchers. All the machinery just seems to run more smoothly. It felt that way with McCann vs Grandal.

Yeah, it's the most important defensive position and the only one even close is shortstop. You can see that if you look at the all-time dWAR list. I think Ozzie GUILLEN is 29th all-time.

There are guys you don't even think about like Charlie O'Brien, but if you look at what the pitchers did when they were throwing to him it's pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Fels is such is butthurt, piss-ant. He's so happy Hull is dead. Maybe someone should write an article about how they celebrated when Sammy's brother died.

https://deadspin.com/bobby-hull-obituar ... 1850049811

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:20 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Fels is such is butthurt, piss-ant. He's so happy Hull is dead. Maybe someone should right an article about how they celebrated when Sammy's brother died.

Well, he got your click didn't he?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:21 pm 

yeah i went looking for it; knew it would be there. fuck him still

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:24 pm 

I wonder if Sammy thinks thats also how St George Floyd should be remembered, garbage human being first above all else. Somehow, I don’t think he does .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Was Bobby Hull murdered by the police?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Fels is such is butthurt, piss-ant. He's so happy Hull is dead. Maybe someone should right an article about how they celebrated when Sammy's brother died.

See, I disagree completely with the sub head. Actually, he was a great and important hockey player who happened to beat his wife and say dumb shit about Hitler. The reason he's being discussed is because of the former. If Fels or Spiegel want to bash bad people, I think they can find a pretty long list before they get to Bobby Hull. But that isn't the point, is it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:

See, I disagree completely with the sub head. Actually, he was a great and important hockey player who happened to beat his wife and say dumb shit about Hitler. The reason he's being discussed is because of the former. If Fels or Spiegel want to bash bad people, I think they can find a pretty long list before they get to Bobby Hull. But that isn't the point, is it?

Guys like Bernstein live for days like today so he can remind everyone how wonderful he himself is by being so singularly disgusted by a guy who makes no fucking difference to anyone in any possible way.
That being said hull is a bit of a fuck.
Just say the old bastard died and move on to the next story.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Deb's Place
I am glad he is not the hero who was a big proponent of women's sports, including getting sodomized. #blackmamba

Also, Russian news papers are known for their honest reporting.

Hull is a scumbag, but there are equally bad people who get a pass, like black mamba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:03 am 

The spaz doesn't even know that you don't have to use alleged anymore once the person is dead. Slander away, lonely loser.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
The spaz doesn't even know that you don't have to use alleged anymore once the person is dead. Slander away, lonely loser.

I’m not clear if he’s an alleged wife beater and an alleged Nazi sympathizer, or if he’s a Nazi sympathizer who allegedly beat his wife.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Fels is such is butthurt, piss-ant. He's so happy Hull is dead. Maybe someone should write an article about how they celebrated when Sammy's brother died.

no F-ing way I'm clicking on anything from Fells or Deadspin. SNH, you're an ass for even posting the link.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:10 am 

shakes wrote:

no F-ing way I'm clicking on anything from Fells or Deadspin. SNH, you're an ass for even posting the link.

:lol:

there honestly was an internal debate over posting the link and allowing you fine folks to choose to read it, or spam the board with it in it's entirety.

I'll do better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Learned quite a bit about the NHL by reading Probert's bio many years ago.

These guys basically stop developing as humans when they leave to go and play Junior, they are all kind of big kids with very limited formal educations. This is a common trait of many pro athletes, especially in MLB and the NHL where they are playing minor league baseball or in Junior while their peers are finishing up high school or learning how to interact as members regular society.

Probert talked about all the down time they had and how they would all just sit around drinking to fill the time.

You see the same thing with other young pro athletes, tend to spend a lot of time in bars/clubs, have issues acting as grown ass men and relations with women, make stupid financial decisions, and struggle mightily once their pro careers end. It's also a common trait amongst males from the bottom rungs of society who make many of the same poor life choices, but do not have the income to paper over the bad life choices.

If you encountered Bobby Hull and did not know who he was you would just think he was a mean old drunk.

Imagine Mark Grace to be the same way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:49 am 

The era Hull played in factors in, too I think. At least the media portion of it. Its not an excuse for the behavior, but those days, it was nobodys business what happened in your home. And giving the wife a smack, too for that matter. The media looks at the stars as just that and treats them that way. These guys are kings. Then as he gets older, the media scope and world shift. He always looked to me as a guy who either never realized the media was out to then get that soundbyte where he looked bad, or he didnt care.

Grace, when you listen to him talk, really doesnt give a shit about other people's opinions of him. He's best in a studio pre and post game where its a little more focused and contained, but I can see why him in the booth he might get into trouble because when he gets fired up and into talk mode, hes going to say whatever the hell he wants

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Lil Bitch Sam is all upset because the NHL is talking to Joel Quennneville about a reinstatement.

Meh

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Wait till Quennneville gets inducted to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:03 am 

Didnt know he was banned .

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
badrogue17 wrote:
Didnt know he was banned .

According to a formal NHL statement, Bettman, the Panthers, and Quenneville mutually agreed that "it was no longer appropriate" for Quenneville to stay on. Bettman also announced that Quenneville will have to meet with him before he is allowed to work in the NHL again

"Banned" without being banned

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:54 am 

Fels really needs a hobby that isnt "perpetually upset piss ant"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11