PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac made mention of this story today:

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2006/03/27 ... 0f7672.txt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
"There were a few things I had to clean up in my personal life," Williams said. "I didn't realize what I'd become. I give God the glory for allowing all that to happen. I give all the thanks I have to Jesus Christ. I have to give credit where credit is due."

I give God the glory for getting this guy off our airwaves...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

President Haywood wrote:
I give God the glory for getting this guy off our airwaves...

C'mon now pardna! No T-Dub love? :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm Catholic. But I never trust guys who praise the Lord at every turn. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-dub's show was really weak. Then again, it was overnights, so I guess today it'd be better than SNR or Fox Sports Radio (difficult not to be better than Tim Ryan or Bruce Jacobs). But his brief Saturday stint w/ MVP was terrible. The guy brings nothing to the table, constantly drops stupid sounds bytes, etc. He was kind of like the black Murph if that makes any sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
[quote="President Haywood"] He was kind of like the black Murph if that makes any sense.[/quot
e]

Actually Prez, that compairison makes perfect sense to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

I always liked TDub. I found his way refreshing. He worked well for the late night or overnight spot. Hearing his 4 second soundbyte at the end of MJH today brought back memories. I guess my expectations are less than the majority of the posters hear. I actually liked the Saturday show with him and Grobber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

TDub was a perfect late night host. Didn't he have the 6-10 or 6-12 slot in the early 2000's? He could just ramble on forever and took a lot of callers. It was great late night filler with a local focus. I still remember him telling me that Curtis Enis was going to have a breakout year in 2000 though. He was a bit off on that prediction...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

What is he doing now ? (couldn't link to the article...not sure why)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I know it will never happen, but I loved Grobber's overnight show. It was many a morning I was woken by that faggy "Bye Bye Bye" song that ended his show. I fucking despise Notre Dame, but I tuned in to their pre-game to hear Les. I don't remember several of those 2 AM calls I made, but anytime I wanted to rant, he was there. I look at his firing as the turning point at the Score. If he was a member of the Mike North ALS, I'd have no doubt he'd be on in some capacity. Instead, we get Jesse (is there any on my chin) Rogers and that fucking whore Fritzy plugging whomever bought him a fucking drink! Nice job Mitch, you fat lump of shit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:

here ya go BD....

"His voice echoed around Gary's Genesis Convention Center, hitting more ears than the Gary Steelheads hit shots in a fateful third quarter that cost them the CBA championship. For one day, anyway.

Tommy Williams is hoping tonight his hometown will produce another title, just like the Gary RailCats did this past summer in the Northern League. Williams was/is also the public address announcer over at the Steelyard.

"I've never heard the Genesis Center this loud," Williams said of the 4,221 fans who watched the Steelheads fall 91-87 to the Yakama Sun Kings Sunday, setting up tonight's winner-takes-all final. "And I think we can be louder (tonight)."

Williams, who is also a correspondent for The Times, used to live loud. A 10-year run at WSCR-AM in Chicago had him struggling to find a hat that would fit his head. Being one of The Score's regular voices did things that the 1975 Gary Roosevelt grad didn't even notice.

Losing that job, that money, that spotlight caused Williams to take a long stare into the mirror. He didn't like what he saw.

"There were a few things I had to clean up in my personal life," Williams said. "I didn't realize what I'd become. I give God the glory for allowing all that to happen. I give all the thanks I have to Jesus Christ. I have to give credit where credit is due."

Williams is different now. It isn't about him, which is refreshing. He plays with the Steelheads fans at different points of the game. They appreciate the fun and games. There seems to be a spiritual connection between him and those in the stands.

"Steelhead fans, how many?" is what he says before a Gary player steps to the free-throw line. When the fans scream back, "Two," he smiles. It's something he would've missed when working at The Score.

When the Steelheads blew a 14-point lead and finished an awful third quarter, where they only hit 1 of 15 field goal attempts, were outscored 34-9 and trailed 70-54 going into the final quarter, Williams didn't give up. How could he? Especially after everything he's been through.

So he took the mic, just like he has so many times before, and tried to get Gary's fans on their feet.

"It's the CBA championship and we've never hosted one before. We need your 'A' game in the fourth quarter, like you never did before."

The fans responded. The Steelheads responded, getting back in the game and almost taking a late lead. Williams kept pounding his heart with his hand. The nervousness of the final 12 minutes did that to many.

Now, his hometown gets to play another championship game, just a jump shot away from Lake Michigan. It would've been better to do it on Sunday, but tonight would be quite all right, too.

"I get paid to run my mouth for 2 1/2 hours, God is good," he said. "If anyone thought this was going to be easy they were dead wrong. If these fans react like I know they can, they'll carry us.

"This city deserves this championship. To get two in one year, I couldn't ask for more than that."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Last time I heard, he also had a show in (Hammond?) Indiana on AM-1230.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

I saw T-Dubb on some obscure satellite dish channel interviewing some hoops player.

Tommy is a great talent. For local Gary TV/radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Stay far far far away from my radio, pardna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

it's a shame when someone gives God glory, and/or credit for something, and then get's ripped or take's a beating for it by the world. Just a sign of the times *awaits beating*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Closet Sox Fan wrote:
it's a shame when someone gives God glory, and/or credit for something, and then get's ripped or take's a beating for it by the world. Just a sign of the times *awaits beating*

I wont give you a beating, however, I think its just stupid when some people do it. My feelings are that religion is a personal thing that can be shared between you and others who share the same beliefs. The American public are not all in the same religious category (thankfully), therefore by praising your lord and savior on national tv, I have a problem with that.

My other comment would have to do with athletes thanking God for helping them hit the game winner (HR, 3 pt shot, etc). Do you f'ers not think that God may have somethign better to do than to help you knock one out of the park. Stop the self rightous bs and put your head down celebrate with your teammates and if you think God truly helped you, thank him on your own time when the rest of us arent watching. Now, I will expect a beating from some crazy religous types.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:32 am 
1000 CLUB

you are EXACTLY right Nas', Z does it after EVERY inning...which means we will never hear Bernsy bring his name up at ALL when he discusses this topic, because Z shoots his theory down! And no beating for u here either Greg!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:57 am 

Thanking God for allowing you to work the P.A. system at minor league games?

I guess I should throw a shot out to my lord and savior for allowing me to get behind the mic at Thillens when I was in grade school.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
BD wrote:

Not much.

Post subject: Re: T-Dubb
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I get a kick out of reading these old threads and seeing that people like Beardown and GD have been coming here to shoot the breeze for at least 18 years.

Last edited by Warren Newson on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Board wasn't better 18 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Warren Newson wrote:
I get a kick out of reading these old threads and seeing that people like Beardown and GD having been coming here to shoot the breeze for at least 18 years.

There was at least one of my 35k posts that got nuked in this thread. This thread makes me feel old. I used to shoot the shit with Jason offline during the White Sox WS run.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:03 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
A7X. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Did he die?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Nas wrote:

Did he die?

I think he might have but I don't know for sure.

He discussed his extensive health issues for a bit quite a few years back and did not return. North Central Illinois guy. I enjoyed him as a poster.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Was Al Barlick Mac?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't think Mac used mults.

I missed the Dallas Winston health problems. I enjoyed reading his thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
That A7X avatar is great.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:

Did he die?

I think he might have but I don't know for sure.

He discussed his extensive health issues for a bit quite a few years back and did not return. North Central Illinois guy. I enjoyed him as a poster.

Last time we chatted he had lost a few digits after a severe case of frost bite. At least 9 years ago or so I would guess.