It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
If Entercom goes bankrupt, it will easily reorganize. I doubt they would even sell individual stations. Sure they have an immediate cash flow issue given the shutdown. But their properties are valuable. Their main problem is debt, not the business model. Chapter 11 will simply turn the company over to the creditors, and it will emerge in a stronger financial position.

Company's too big for its own good. Why should one company own 235 radio stations? There's no one else who wanted to buy a couple radio stations, it had to be Entercom buying all of them with money they didn't have?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Even if baseball tries to comeback playing with no fans in Arizona, or Japan it'll be a watered down version of the great game. Altered schedules, wacky temporary rules, isolated unhappy players. How will it be received? The Score is on life support and the overpayed help knows it. Watch the next month rating when actual non sports kicks in. The number will be drastically lower.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Honestly...Who gives a shit about ratings right now?

They're meaningless.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I've had enough of this! I'm bored! Lets start Phase One already. Buckle up grandma!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
In today's Feder radio ratings. One more nail in the Score's coffin. Not surprising, lower ratings. No top tens.

The Score went from 2.7 to 2.5 in a period without any sports. Shocking. Also, as I’ve said many times before - Feder only lists ages 6+. That is not the demo WSCR targets. Otherwise that was very insightful.

There is often a 1 month lag or so between the end of the ratings cycle and when Feder reports so sports was still ongoing for most of that period. It's the next book that is going to be a disaster for them

How much of March was included in those ratings? The 2nd half of March had no sports, but the 1st half did have the usual things.

I would think it would be pretty bad in April. There just isn't much to talk about outside of the Bulls hirings and the NFL off-season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:37 am 
1000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:
Franky T wrote:
DAC wrote:
I am surprised how many people want to hear callers. 25% contribute something useful, 25% either repeat something already said or schmooze the hosts and 50% are just a boring waste of time. Callers have about the same hit-rate as athletes. Conversations between the hosts and interviews with media members both locally and out-of-town is what I primarily want to hear.

When did you start listening to the Score? I ask because callers were what made the station great back in the day. Jet's right in that we want a return to the "good old days", but I think he's wrong about why they can't return. Have one segment an hour for calls because they can be fun. Argue, make fun of them, whatever. I would rather hear that than Larry tell a wanna be tough guy story, or hear about Parkins stoner days, or hear about Mac watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for the seventh time. Calls mix things up.

I specifically said they should do more call in segments. WYC is what really ran out of gas due to all the instantly available info.

There is absolutely room for more call in segments.

I still laugh thinking about the Score Hello bits they did punking on people calling in to the studio rather than the contest line. I miss Johnathon Hood as a Score guy.

They ran WYC into the ground when people continuously didn't understand the bit, turned into a left wing call in show, and callers turned things into a long-winded essay trying to impress Bernstein. They pretty much took the same callers every week too when Bernstein wasn't reading them. Pretty awful segment in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:39 am 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Ironically....the BEST person on the station at taking phone calls is the one who isn't a full time host...that's Hub. He can be arrogant and condescending, but I have always given him credit for being a good football analyst and I give him credit for still being caller-centric.

When he occasionally hosts a show, his callers aren't bad.

I do think other shows should take more calls. The hosts are not as entertaining as they may think, even if it's for a few segments, is that really worse than doing the same thing on every show over and over?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:15 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
BD wrote:
How much of March was included in those ratings? The 2nd half of March had no sports, but the 1st half did have the usual things.

I would think it would be pretty bad in April. There just isn't much to talk about outside of the Bulls hirings and the NFL off-season.

2/27-3/25, so it really was more or less a March book. It's not until the end of the year that the books really get knocked off course and "December" is really calendar November and calendar December is "Holiday."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:36 am 

When a Score show isn't in the ratings top ten they say it's not the demagraphics the station is concerned about. But when they are in the same top ten, they brag about it endlessly, and demagraphics isn't discussed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
When a Score show isn't in the ratings top ten they say it's not the demagraphics the station is concerned about. But when they are in the same top ten, they brag about it endlessly, and demagraphics isn't discussed.

It’s always about the adult male demo. Despite July’s ramblings to the contrary, the station is mostly listened to by adult males. That is why we get Blew Chew advertisements. There aren’t many kids or women listening.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

It’s always about the adult male demo. Despite July’s ramblings to the contrary, the station is mostly listened to by adult males. That is why we get Blew Chew advertisements. There aren’t many kids or women listening.

What he said vito.

Men 35-54 are the most desirable demo in radio. They have and spend the most money.

And when they are in the top ten, that demo has the most to do with it.

Only losing a .2 is quite remarkable actually. I don't foresee the next book being anywhere near that forgiving.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

What he said vito.

Men 35-54 are the most desirable demo in radio. They have and spend the most money.

Only losing a .2 is quite remarkable actually. I don't foresee the next book being anywhere near that forgiving.

vito is right too. They scoff at the 12+ numbers until they show up in the 12+ top 10, then they're popping champagne. I don't know if it will be that bad of a bloodbath. People may stick around out of habit, a desire for some familiarity in the backround of their day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:27 am 

Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

What he said vito.

Adult men listen to sportsradio? Sportsradio ratings will go down with no sports? Adult men have money? Who da thunk it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
vitoscotti wrote:
The Score trounces ESPN 1000 regularly. But say Entercom goes belly up. But ESPN 1000 survives. They get the Cubs and Bulls. They bring over quality Score guys like Mac and Hub, Bear's postgame joining McMichael. All the Score's liberal, sjw trash are on the street. ESPN 1000 now is the king of the hill. It's a win-win for Chicago.

You sound like a lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:07 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

What he said vito.

Adult men listen to sportsradio? Sportsradio ratings will go down with no sports? Adult men have money? Who da thunk it?

Are you really this stupid?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

What he said vito.

:lol: :lol:
Apparently you didn’t or you would not have made the original post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I'd have to check but I think I joined WSI around 2000

I've been here since 2003 or 04 (joined dates were reissued after some board change) and this place existed before me in a few iterations. My guess is this place is pushing 20 years.

I remember your handle on WSI. (at least I think I do).
It's funny how there's at least 5 of us there were at WSI before this site and got fed up with the same BS over there. Those ass clowns might be more self-absorbed and miserable as Fels....and that's a lot.

I had been away from this site for a little while, but was drawn back. I've been at WSI since 2005, but the mods are very miserable and dragging it down. A lot of ego over there right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
ChiefWampum wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I've been here since 2003 or 04 (joined dates were reissued after some board change) and this place existed before me in a few iterations. My guess is this place is pushing 20 years.

It's funny how there's at least 5 of us there were at WSI before this site and got fed up with the same BS over there. Those ass clowns might be more self-absorbed and miserable as Fels....and that's a lot.

I had been away from this site for a little while, but was drawn back. I've been at WSI since 2005, but the mods are very miserable and dragging it down. A lot of ego over there right now.

Right Now????
Been that way since at least 2005

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
BigW72 wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Right Now????

pretty much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Right Now????

pretty much.

Oh definitely. Just found a new breaking point. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
just logged into WSI for the first time in 10+ years. 2003 was when I joined. moved to soxtalk as that was slightly better in terms of moderation. I was living out of town until 2007 so I never even knew about this place before that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Spiegs had some interesting Bears tight end talk and then a great interview with Carlos Pena. I completely forgot he spent a year or two with the Cubs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
tommy wrote:
Spiegs had some interesting Bears tight end talk and then a great interview with Carlos Pena. I completely forgot he spent a year or two with the Cubs.

I still listen to the baseball Saturday morning show he and Levine host. But it's getting real hard to listen with no real baseball. It gets tiring predicting every week when the season will start of if there will be a season. They have some good guests on but I've sort of lost interest in the show as well. And it was the only sports chicago show i regularly podcast into.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6