It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Goff Twitter
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I'm a Goff guy but sometimes he makes it very difficult

That’s mostly how I feel still. Replace the insecurity and fake confidence with an actual measure of real confidence and he would be pretty good at all his media related endeavors.

and he feels to be the type of guy you couldn't even talk to about this to if you were his buddy.

I too enjoyed his work on B&B and his own gigs prior to he and bernstein. I am "friends" with him on fb since his departure from the bernstein show, he goes after the most mundane people and their criticisms all the time. like going through their profiles and making fun of them. its really weird. he did not do that before.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:55 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I enjoyed his show in Atlanta. I used to listen often. I still want to eat at a Taco Mac.

He seemed different after that experience.

Seems like he did get screwed there. I think that partner wasn't very committed and eventually just quit and moved back to Florida if I remember right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:08 am 

i think he also was not a good fit in his B10 morning show with Ant. it was clear that he did not know big 10 sports all that well. like unless it was illini basketball, he was just a "yeah" guy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
hnd wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I'm a Goff guy but sometimes he makes it very difficult

That’s mostly how I feel still. Replace the insecurity and fake confidence with an actual measure of real confidence and he would be pretty good at all his media related endeavors.

and he feels to be the type of guy you couldn't even talk to about this to if you were his buddy.

I too enjoyed his work on B&B and his own gigs prior to he and bernstein. I am "friends" with him on fb since his departure from the bernstein show, he goes after the most mundane people and their criticisms all the time. like going through their profiles and making fun of them. its really weird. he did not do that before.

This is like when you guys reminisce how great B n B used to be. The guy you liked hasnt been likeable for the better part of a decade now. He just isnt that guy anymore. Its ok to call him what he is now . An insecure asshole.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:23 am 

i assume i'm not the same person i was 10 years ago either. hopefully its for the better. but for me i feel like i've gone in an opposite direction. i care about my kids not what some yayhoos say about me professionally (i'm in sales so i hear about it). now, i've also not been fired a number of times in the last 10 years. my ego hasn't really taken a beating like his but who cares man, care about what your kid thinks about you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Goff turned out to be a huge disappointment. He has all the ingredients to make a great host. He is highly engaged and enthusiastic about sports, local guy, great backstory to get into the business, funny/snarky, etc. He partnered with Bernsie and was unlikeable. It is a shame.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
hnd wrote:
i assume i'm not the same person i was 10 years ago either. hopefully its for the better. but for me i feel like i've gone in an opposite direction. i care about my kids not what some yayhoos say about me professionally (i'm in sales so i hear about it). now, i've also not been fired a number of times in the last 10 years. my ego hasn't really taken a beating like his but who cares man, care about what your kid thinks about you.

Well he got into the wrong business if he cant take his ego getting bruised . Steve Dahl, Howard Stern used to have people trying to shut their shows down. Had there been social media back then it wouldve have been filled with people telling them their shows suck. I doubt they would get into pissing matches with those people. Ive said it before, Lil Danny curates his Twitter the best out of all the Score hosts by far. He rarely responds to people when they go after him. Just ignores it. He just tweets whatever hot taek he has then pretty much moves on and lets the comments sit.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:37 am 

denisdman wrote:
Goff turned out to be a huge disappointment. He has all the ingredients to make a great host. He is highly engaged and enthusiastic about sports, local guy, great backstory to get into the business, funny/snarky, etc. He partnered with Bernsie and was unlikeable. It is a shame.

Bernstein ruins everything

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:38 am 

It all explains why he went from making fun of Sir to being his friend: Sir worships him

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:40 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It was a bad pairing. First off, they both skew SJW, and they tend to look down at callers. They both love the NBA too much when people would rather meatball Bears and baseball thoughts. And that basketball love does not extend much to the NCAA, which is where a lot of guys have an interest.

Their general disdain for fun worked against the show. And indulging in kids talk was immediate PTFB for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:44 am 
1000 CLUB

So is this the new thing with these kind of celebrities. The Goff's and Julie's of the world.

Where somebody calls them fat on twitter and they search their profile to ridicule them. Didn't Julie say she wants to hunt down all the mean people on twitter and get them fired?

That's what we're doing now?

Sounds low rent to me. Petty.

Like was said earlier, just block them like Bernstein does.

I wouldn't think NBC sports net likes Jason fighting with a twitter follower. Plus he's too old for that shit.

Who cares?

I actually enjoy being insulted by all of you. I'm serious. Especially when the insults are clever. Granted, I know it's different. Cuz nobody knows who the fuck I am.

Still, these bitches in the media are too damn sensitive.

Goff is gonna get fired again. Probably after this Bulls season. Once that happens, no more media jobs for him. He has a higher opinion of himself then most do. Sports media doesn't need Jason Goff. He should realize that. He should be more grateful that he got this last shot after all of his fuck ups. He's not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:24 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Agreed. There is zero chance any employer thinks a long drawn out tantrum like that is a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:14 am 

Beardown wrote:
So is this the new thing with these kind of celebrities. The Goff's and Julie's of the world.

Where somebody calls them fat on twitter and they search their profile to ridicule them. Didn't Julie say she wants to hunt down all the mean people on twitter and get them fired?

That's what we're doing now?

Sounds low rent to me. Petty.

Like was said earlier, just block them like Bernstein does.

I wouldn't think NBC sports net likes Jason fighting with a twitter follower. Plus he's too old for that shit.

Who cares?

I actually enjoy being insulted by all of you. I'm serious. Especially when the insults are clever. Granted, I know it's different. Cuz nobody knows who the fuck I am.

Still, these bitches in the media are too damn sensitive.

Goff is gonna get fired again. Probably after this Bulls season. Once that happens, no more media jobs for him. He has a higher opinion of himself then most do. Sports media doesn't need Jason Goff. He should realize that. He should be more grateful that he got this last shot after all of his fuck ups. He's not.

You Sir, emit an odiferous scent!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It was a bad pairing. First off, they both skew SJW, and they tend to look down at callers. They both love the NBA too much when people would rather meatball Bears and baseball thoughts. And that basketball love does not extend much to the NCAA, which is where a lot of guys have an interest.

Their general disdain for fun worked against the show. And indulging in kids talk was immediate PTFB for me.

Goff learned a lot of that from Bernsie. Bernsie is/was a singular type here and copying him wasn’t wise. His more bombastic style now seems off putting in a stop yelling way I can’t understand what you’re saying. I guess in such an industry you must differentiate yourself somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
those were not the main problems with Jason.
Problem 1: talked way too fast. sounded nervous.
Problem 2: laughed way too much. sounded nervous.
Problem 3: A bit full of himself, yet again, nervous. Very nervous.

He's a third wheel. A very good third wheel or a chime in guy. He'd be great with Bernsie or Parkins as such.

When he hosted Saturday's, his demeanor was completely different. Slowed down, less forced laughter, came off as an everyman. He's got it in him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:32 am 

Goff's biggest failing is that he didn't understand that as a media personality he had to treat it like a job and not simply him being exactly what he wanted to be and say. This is probably something you learn in journalism school. Bernstein was likely a bad influence on this part of the job as he seemed to fall into the same trap. What you think is worth talking about on the radio for 4 hours may not be what your listeners want to talk about.

I think that is why Goff is succeeding in his Bulls only job. He clearly likes talking basketball but he also is pretty limited on what he can talk about in this role.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. Goff feels the need to call somebody a "Dumb ass cracker" on his Bulls job. But he knows he can't do it like you said. That's why he goes to twitter to blast the god damn whites. But I think him fighting with the stupid whites on twitter will get him fired.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:17 pm 

Ok are you thinking Goff is off the air for his social media escapades or is this a gambling angle?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:19 pm 

The parlay is prolly Bulls and under. But I ain’t laying 6 or 7.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

This might be a suspension for Goff. I wouldn't doubt it.

Then they might just fire him at the end of the season.

These media corporations don't need the trouble of their employees fighting with people on twitter. It's just not worth it for them. Especially for a job like pre and post. Where it really doesn't matter who the damn host is. They'll get the same low numbers no matter who it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
This also might mean he's sick with Covid and on his deathbed.

You just never know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
denisdman wrote:
Ok are you thinking Goff is off the air for his social media escapades or is this a gambling angle?

:lol: social media because what he did was incredibly juvenile and inappropriate. But, as for the gambling angle, take the Bulls if you like to lose money.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm 

That Twitter exchange was unhinged. And we live in an overly sensitive world. It would not shock me if he faces a backlash, sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
This also might mean he's sick with Covid and on his deathbed.

You just never know.

Damn, and with a vaccine imminent too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:42 pm 

Goff is hurting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
it was probably this thread that led to it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
denisdman wrote:
That Twitter exchange was unhinged. And we live in an overly sensitive world. It would not shock me if he faces a backlash, sadly.

He should face some kind of consequences for that. It wasn’t “offensive” per se but as an employer you at least have to slap the dude on the wrist somehow.

That long, drawn out nonsense he did on Twitter was so fucking stupid. It’s amazing he can’t see how insecure doing shit like that makes him look.

He projects himself as strong, principled, and secure. Someone who doesn’t care what others think. But in reality he’s the exact opposite of all that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
He really should have just taken the Fire Department Exam

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner