It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

We don't need him. I know they have to figure out some shit for him to do. So he subs every now and then. I've caught him a few times. He's on now.

His voice is grating. I know a head ache will come if I listen to him for more than a minute. He basically says nothing. Just the common sense sports opinions and thoughts. Pretty much the generic sportscaster. No personality at all.

I gave him a minute today and then done.

We just don't need him in these times.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
he's a great ass kisser. but with no sports going on who's ass is he kissing nowadays?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. I find it sad that he feels the need to kiss Pat Hughes ass.

I mean Zack is pushing 50 I would think. Been around awhile. I understand some young kid feeling the need kiss ass. Suck up to a guy like Pat. Laugh at Pat's stupid jokes that aren't funny. It shouldn't be a guy like Zack.

But there's Zack with that phony laugh at every stupid joke that Pat Hughes says. It's just pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:11 pm 

Beardown wrote:

I mean Zack is pushing 50 I would think. Been around awhile. I understand some young kid feeling the need kiss ass. Suck up to a guy like Pat. Laugh at Pat's stupid jokes that aren't funny. It shouldn't be a guy like Zack.

But there's Zack with that phony laugh at every stupid joke that Pat Hughes says. It's just pathetic.

Mark Grote fucked up by not kissing Pat Hughes ass and see what happened? He got kicked out and ZZ took his spot. Grote is now doing the bears when i know his heart has always been doing the cubs.

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:12 pm 

Beardown wrote:

these are the type of people who survive in all kinds of workplaces. they have no shame. it's a game of survival for them. they are the roaches of our civilization.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
ZZ is like Les. They add a tremendous comedic appeal. ZZ's Cubs postgame being a Cubs ass kisser, apologist, and arrogantly talking down to fans is classic radio.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
ZZ is like Les. They add a tremendous comedic appeal. ZZ's Cubs postgame being a Cubs ass kisser, apologist, and arrogantly talking down to fans is classic radio.

Les? Les is so different than ZZ. Les had been working the beat and actually doing journalism the last 30 years. He's been on radio and print and earned everything. I've never heard Les being a kiss ass to anyone. Actually he's been the exact opposite - he'll tell you right out if he wants to criticize you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:21 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

Hub Arkush school of radio.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:

these are the type of people who survive in all kinds of workplaces. they have no shame. it's a game of survival for them. they are the roaches of our civilization.

I understand that. I'm just saying it's pathetic for guys of Zack's age and tenure. I'm aware he's not the only one. Like I said, I'd get it if it were a kid in his 20s or even 30s.

Obviously it's worked for Zack. He's survived. Hasn't made it big, though. But he has survived with the "kiss ass" approach.

One day Zack will be the 60 year old pre and post game host sucking up to the 30 year old play by play guy. Just his nature. At some point in life you need to get some dignity and pride. Not be thought of as a bitch your entire career. One would think. I guess not.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
The worst part about Zach is that he's an unrepentant bootlicker, asslicker, asskisser, whatever you wanna call it. If Burnstine carries water for the team owners around here Zach is digging them a Panama canal.

And then from his years in the biz he got really smug and smarmy about his "status" .... And THEN he got to hang out with Pat Hughes, who I believe is probably even smugger and smarmier than Father Of The Year Kaplan Hi self, it's just that he kinda knows how to pull it off from years of dumping it off as "schtick" for "The Pat & Ron Show" --- so when he makes one of those ultra-douchey dad jokes in the booth during a game you can often hear Zaidman massively guffawing in the background, no doubt trying to pay his dues and kiss the ring of Pat Hughes, who obviously came into prominence along with FOTY KapMan @ WGN, the home of kiss the ring culture in Chi Sports (Talk) Radio.

So when you combine all this stuff together into a perfect storm of horribly smug arrogant ring-kissing/extending ethos you get Zach Zaidman, who is such an unrepentant company Man he would even find ways to give you positives when the Cubs just gave up 9 runs in the top of the 5tb inning. I hope he got a raise/promotion for that.

[B]TLDR = RED ALERT!!!!

(RIP SHARK! We NEVER deserved your sports, ATTITUDE, or especially "BITE" =\ )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:19 pm 

It's a joke when ZZ and Bernstein display their vast useless knowledge of ghetto rap music. Actually trying to pass it off as real music, and talented musicians. Yo... Yo... Yo...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:14 pm 

Beardown wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I understand that. I'm just saying it's pathetic for guys of Zack's age and tenure. I'm aware he's not the only one. Like I said, I'd get it if it were a kid in his 20s or even 30s.

Obviously it's worked for Zack. He's survived. Hasn't made it big, though. But he has survived with the "kiss ass" approach.

One day Zack will be the 60 year old pre and post game host sucking up to the 30 year old play by play guy. Just his nature. At some point in life you need to get some dignity and pride. Not be thought of as a patriot your entire career. One would think. I guess not.

He's doing Cubs Radio. I think that qualifies as making it big in Chicago Radio.

I never liked Pat Hughes as well. He's the kind of guy who needs his ass kissed.

ZZ is playing the long game here. Once Hughes retires, maybe in 5-10 years, ZZ will be gunning as the replacement.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I remember during the Trestman era the Patriots smoked the Bears 51-23. A caller told Bernstein the Bears won the 2nd half and he exploded on the guy. 15 minutes later Zaidman came on and he said the Bears won the 2nd half...not a peep out of Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
MongoMuller wrote:
A caller told Bernstein the Bears won the 2nd half and he exploded on the guy.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:

One day Zack will be the 60 year old pre and post game host sucking up to the 30 year old play by play guy. Just his nature. At some point in life you need to get some dignity and pride. Not be thought of as a patriot your entire career. One would think. I guess not.

He's doing Cubs Radio. I think that qualifies as making it big in Chicago Radio.

I never liked Pat Hughes as well. He's the kind of guy who needs his ass kissed.

ZZ is playing the long game here. Once Hughes retires, maybe in 5-10 years, ZZ will be gunning as the replacement.

Pat is over 60. I doubt he goes past 65-66, especially if the team isn't playing well.

But ZZ won't get the job. He's a fucking Syracuse grad and can't get past the 5th inning and pre/post. He should have moved to a Toledo or a Sacramento and spent a decade doing AAA baseball and local college basketball and actually improved as opposed to being shitty in a big market

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
For being a Syracuse Broadcasting grad, Zaidman has a terrible Syracuse Broadcasting Voice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

I made a post a few years ago that I thought Pat Hughes got Grote fired. Obviously I have no proof. But I absolutely believe it to be true.

Cuz Grote wasn't Pat's type. Zack and Grote are probably around the same age. But Zack has the buttoned down/conservative approach that a guy like Pat likes. Grote is kind of a goof. In a fun way. Sometimes annoying.

I also think Zack knew Pat got Grote fired. That's why he kisses Pat's ass. He feels he has to do it.

I don't think there is any chance Zack gets the Cubs job once Pat retires. They'll look bigger than Zaidman for that job. I actually thought he might get the Bulls job after Funk announced his retirement. I've heard him do DePaul. He's decent at basketball. But he didn't get it. Some other kid got it. I'm sure Zack applied.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I made a post a few years ago that I thought Pat Hughes got Grote fired. Obviously I have no proof. But I absolutely believe it to be true.

Cuz Grote wasn't Pat's type. Zack and Grote are probably around the same age. But Zack has the buttoned down/conservative approach that a guy like Pat likes. Grote is kind of a goof. In a fun way. Sometimes annoying.

I also think Zack knew Pat got Grote fired. That's why he kisses Pat's ass. He feels he has to do it.

I think this is pretty accurate. Pat never got the hipster jokes that Grote would say on the air. I think it made Hughes uncomfortable and made him feel old and out of touch w/ anyone under 50. And maybe he was afraid management may notice that and maybe in time replace him w/ someone younger.

He probably felt threatened in some way w/ Grote there. So he had to look out for himself at the sake of Grote. Hughes probably thinks in his head he had to pay his dues working w/ insufferable Santo for all those years. That's he's earned his spot now w/ the Cubs and nobody is going to take that way from him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

No. I don't think it was so much that Hughes thought Grote would replace him. It wasn't that threat. Grote can't do play by play. He's never done it. At this point, Pat knows he has the job until he wants to retire. He's secure knowing that.

I just think he didn't like Grote for being the younger and hip goofy guy. He didn't like working with somebody like him.

Mitch Rosen gave him Zaidman after Pat requested the change. Zack is more of Pat's speed. The serious/boring guy with no personality. That's what Pat wants for the 3rd guy in the booth.

Then, like I said, Zack knows he has to kiss Pat's ass with the phony laughter at his stupid jokes. Pat likes that. Which means he likes Zack. So Zack is safe. And Zack knew he had to do this bullshit once he got the job in order to keep it. But Zack doesn't mind being a kiss ass. He's done it when he covered the Bears. He has no shame or pride. That's what he does. And it's kept him his jobs. So good for him.

I just hope he realizes that people see through him. He might not care. But I hope he realizes it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hopefully ZZ is actually in on the joke, but he hasn't figured out how to let the listeners know that he's not as much of a dumbass that we collectively think he is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Hopefully ZZ is actually in on the joke, but he hasn't figured out how to let the listeners know that he's not as much of a dumbass that we collectively think he is.

Trust me. He doesn't know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Crane Kenney got rid of Grote.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
Crane Kenney got rid of Grote.

Untimely, yes. He decides that shit. But it was at the request of Pat Hughes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 pm 

Larry, ZZ, Parkins, Speigel. Worst 4 guys under contract at the same time history of the Score.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Remember when Laurence would regale us with stories of what a master cocksman Zach Zaidman is? Wasn't that weird?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:12 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Remember when Laurence would regale us with stories of what a master cocksman Zach Zaidman is? Wasn't that weird?

Half the on air talent is bi at the Score. Do the math.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah. I think Larry wants to bang Zack. Who knows? Maybe they have. Larry goes out of his way to compliment Zack. Which nobody would do. Zack is just Zack. Nothing to compliment. That's why I think something is up with those two.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:40 pm 

listening to hour 1 of zaidman and spegs filling in for parkins mac today.

not 5 min in ZZ pat hughes ass kissing beings. And hughes is not even there.

He said the cubs radio booth will be renamed the pat hughes booth. i dont know if he made it up or true but why even mention it when they're talking about sosa/mcgwire.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:45 pm 

Pat Hughes great calling the game action. Everything else dry as dust.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Pat Hughes great calling the game action. Everything else dry as dust.

it would be great to maybe tell the listener the score and inning when the game comes out of commercial. Because you know, it's radio. We can't SEE the box score or scoreboard on the radio. Wouldn't that be like baseball radio broadcasting 101? Make sure you tell the listener the score and inning everytime the inning starts?

I find him real lazy when it comes to these kind of things. He doesn't do the little things that the great ones do. He mails it in most of the time. He's not one of the greats. I think we all agree on that. But ZZ makes it out like he's Vin Scully.