It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I enjoyed Joe quite a bit when he hosted Hit and Run with Barry a few years back. I also thought he was a highlight of the OG 5@5 segment before the fucked up and made it the Pick Six travesty that that segment has morphed into.

Joe is a very capable radio host. I tend to skip past his betting talk, but I understand why he leaned into that niche so heavily. He was attempting to differentiate himself. And he has, for better or worse.

He’s better than the out of touch carcass that is Mully, the SJW hypocrite that is Bernstein, and doesn’t take himself as seriously as Larry or Parkins.

I root for the guy, but don’t tune into his show much.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
I'm just saying, gambling, gambling, gambling is all I get from him when I hear him.

One of his friends at the SCORE should try to help him with this shit. It has to be a problem.

Then again, SCORE guys aren't really friends with each other. It's pretend friendships, so they won't.

Which I get. I'm pretend friends with people I need to be pretend friends with as well.

Just an observation about my Polish brother, Joe Ostrowski. (I'm only half Polish, though. Thank god)

How many bets is he actually making or is he just having guest or providing picks? I highly doubt he's making any money from his gambling nor putting up much to lose if he's gambling as much as you think.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
To Joe's credit, he had a bet before the season began on the Vikings finishing fourth in the NFC North. I happened to hear it while I was driving to O'Hare.

As of today, he looks good on it.

He got some pretty lengthy odds on it as well, far more than 3-1 randomness. Might have been 10 or 15-1.

I would be hedging that bet this weekend when the Lions play the Vikings.

I agree, especially if he put more than about $20 on the original bet. Play the Lions moneyline, Joe...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I'm just saying, gambling, gambling, gambling is all I get from him when I hear him.

One of his friends at the SCORE should try to help him with this shit. It has to be a problem.

Then again, SCORE guys aren't really friends with each other. It's pretend friendships, so they won't.

Which I get. I'm pretend friends with people I need to be pretend friends with as well.

Just an observation about my Polish brother, Joe Ostrowski. (I'm only half Polish, though. Thank god)

How many bets is he actually making or is he just having guest or providing picks? I highly doubt he's making any money from his gambling nor putting up much to lose if he's gambling as much as you think.

I don't know. Earlier in this thread i said he once told Mac that he went 20-13 on a weekend. Something like that. That's a shit load of bets.

You guys are right. He can do what he wants. I just think he might have a fucking problem. Just pointing it out. I won't lose sleep over it.

I just find the gambling shows, commercials and talk annoying. And I do bet on football. It's not beneath me. I just don't care what fucking Joe thinks about a game.

Here's the point about these "Gambling experts". If they really were experts, they wouldn't need shows to tell people their picks. They would make a killing on their own and be pro gamblers.

Joe was a kid radio producer answering phones and playing sound bites. He did that for 15 or 20 years at the SCORE. Then, all of a sudden, he's promoted to sports gambling expert. I don't get how that works. How the fuck to you just wake up one day and get that title?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I don't know. Earlier in this thread i said he once told Mac that he went 20-13 on a weekend. Something like that. That's a shit load of bets.

You guys are right. He can do what he wants. I just think he might have a fucking problem. Just pointing it out. I won't lose sleep over it.

I just find the gambling shows, commercials and talk annoying. And I do bet on football. It's not beneath me. I just don't care what fucking Joe thinks about a game.

Here's the point about these "Gambling experts". If they really were experts, they wouldn't need shows to tell people their picks. They would make a killing on their own and be pro gamblers.

Joe was a kid radio producer answering phones and playing sound bites. He did that for 15 or 20 years at the SCORE. Then, all of a sudden, he's promoted to sports gambling expert. I don't get how that works. How the fuck to you just wake up one day and get that title?

If he is placing 2 or 3 dozen bets in a given weekend, #1 he's an idiot #2 don't take his advice and #3 he's probably betting $1 a game.

I don't consider Joe a gambling expert, just somebody who has a platform to have people on to give their picks. Parkins and Nick S. also give their picks. They all make what they consider to be educated picks.

The Score has a history of making interns or producers experts. Didn't Jason Goff become their NBA insider for a period of time? Joe is their gambling expert? While he's making the most of it, he's not an expert. Neither is Goff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Good point. You're right. That's the way sports radio works.

One day Goff is the guy hitting the "Dumb ass cracker" button, the next day he's the SCORE's NBA expert.

Same with Joe. One day answering calls from Bob from Dalton, the next day he's the "Gambling expert".

Gotta love sports radio.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Good point. You're right. That's the way sports radio works.

One day Goff is the guy hitting the "Dumb ass cracker" button, the next day he's the SCORE's NBA expert.

Same with Joe. One day answering calls from Bob from Dalton, the next day he's the "Gambling expert".

Gotta love sports radio.

It's sort of a development mechanism that the Score uses for somebody to get regular air time while they don't have their own show. Have other shows promote them, they put effort in and next thing .... you have a new expert. Maybe a new show somebody if things work out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Crick Ramp wrote:
I enjoyed Joe quite a bit when he hosted Hit and Run with Barry a few years back. I also thought he was a highlight of the OG 5@5 segment before the fucked up and made it the Pick Six travesty that that segment has morphed into.

Joe is a very capable radio host. I tend to skip past his betting talk, but I understand why he leaned into that niche so heavily. He was attempting to differentiate himself. And he has, for better or worse.

He’s better than the out of touch carcass that is Mully, the SJW hypocrite that is Bernstein, and doesn’t take himself as seriously as Larry or Parkins.

I root for the guy, but don’t tune into his show much.

Very well said Crick.

Joe is a good guy who has worked hard to get to where he is.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I like Joe also.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Joe needs a good co host. But they don't have any to begin with, so he is SOL.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:48 am 

its only a problem if you lose