It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry copied it. Then Ostrawski copied it. It's where you say common sense things, or even stupid things, very slowly so you sound authoritative. You know what I'm talking about.

I'll give examples for each.

Bernstein: Listen. To. Doctors. And. Only. Listen. To. People. Who. Listen. To. Doctors.

Larry: Don't. Be. Racist. Being. Racist. Is. Bad.

Joe O: Gambling. Is. The. Greatest. Thing. In. The. World.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:46 pm 

Beardown: No...Officer...There...Is...Not...A...Woman...Chained...In...My.............Basement.BLUELIVESMATTER! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Juiced wrote:
Beardown: No...Officer...There...Is...Not...A...Woman...Chained...In...My.............Basement.BLUELIVESMATTER! :D

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown do yourself a favor and DONT LISTEN. It's easy. I have not listened since pandemic started for I could care less what Bernstein or Holmes have to say about a virus. I know Dan is preachy and far left. What else can I learn. Is he that important to you to hate listen?

IMO, Larry is very good postgame for Bears coverage. Bernstein is a great twitter follower during Bears games.

Only time I listen to either. If rating are good for them right now, more power to them.

I personally have no desire to turn on the score till football season if that happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't catch Larry and Bernstein much. I'll listen to the podcast when I hear that Bernstein has somebody like Theo on. I don't know. I want to hear how he sucks up to him and tries to impress him. I get a kick out of that.

But just an observation. Not just recently. I'm talking through the years. These SCORE boys want to be like Bernstein. It started with Goff and drinky. Then Larry. Now it's Ostrowski.

These Bernstein clones have learned to do that dramatic slow talk to make things seem like what they are saying is important. I find it funny.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Girl Chained to Beardown's furnace: Leave. Beardown. Alone. I love him. I don't mind being chained to his furnace.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:13 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Still less annoying than answering your own rhetorical questions (looking at you Parkins, but MANY are guilty of it.) Parkins will stick a look in front quite a bit...

Look... Do I want to have an NFL season? Yes. Am I hopeful that everyone will get through it without getting sick? Yes. Do I think they can safely do it with the current condition of Covid and the fact that these teams are so much larger than NBA teams? I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:22 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Beardown wrote:
I don't catch Larry and Bernstein much. I'll listen to the podcast when I hear that Bernstein has somebody like Theo on. I don't know. I want to hear how he sucks up to him and tries to impress him. I get a kick out of that.

But just an observation. Not just recently. I'm talking through the years. These SCORE boys want to be like Bernstein. It started with Goff and drinky. Then Larry. Now it's Ostrowski.

These Bernstein clones have learned to do that dramatic slow talk to make things seem like what they are saying is important. I find it funny.

You essentially do the same thing with your short, choppy, simple sentences. You try to be dramatic in the same fashion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Beardown wrote:
Girl Chained to Beardown's furnace: Leave. Beardown. Alone. I love him. I don't mind being chained to his furnace.

You guys are starting to infringe on my territory.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:01 am 

DAC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yup. Way too many bad jokes made in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:16 am 

Douchebag wrote:
DAC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yup. Way too many bad jokes made in this thread.

That’s the board in general, sir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
i have not listened to berstein in over a year but when i did i feel like it's some shit radio show from the 90s.

where the pompous host would berate the callers and hang up on them if they didnt agree with his views.

dan must come from the bob lassiter school of broadcasting.

Beardown - has his attitude changed in the past year?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:15 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
i have not listened to berstein in over a year but when i did i feel like it's some shit radio show from the 90s.

where the pompous host would berate the callers and hang up on them if they didnt agree with his views.

He Is no longer overtly rude to callers. Oddly enough I wish he was more harsh to some of them. In short, the pendulum has swung very far from the days of the hello game and Ryne, Ryne, Ryne.

Biggest issue now is there is simply no counter voice. No voice period other than his, frankly.

And with virtually no sports—until the last week—he just preaches to the pulpit of one himself. It’s bad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Crick Ramp wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

He Is no longer overtly rude to callers. Oddly enough I wish he was more harsh to some of them. In short, the pendulum has swung very far from the days of the hello game and Ryne, Ryne, Ryne.

Biggest issue now is there is simply no counter voice. No voice period other than his, frankly.

And with virtually no sports—until the last week—he just preaches to the pulpit of one himself. It’s bad

Bernstein has always been more interesting than his partners, even if it's just because he drove you nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Warren Newson wrote:

Bernstein has always been more interesting than his partners, even if it's just because he drove you nuts.

He's the antithesis of sports and anything sports related. He sucks all the joy out of it. He's like...when my mother in law comes over. I can't explain it but you know what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:29 pm 

I wonder when’s the last time Dan got a blowjob. Probably not as recent as the last time he administered one

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:42 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:

I agree with everything except that it's not bad. Right wingers will be annoyed with his preaching but it doesn't bother me. He's always done that. Some of it I shake my head at since he is over-the-top but he is still one of the most talented sports talk show hosts around.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:11 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
I wonder when’s the last time Dan got a blowjob.

DAC, one post above

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:21 am 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:

Absolutely he has changed.

1. "Boobs" scared him. He got suspended for that.

2. His demotion from afternoon drive to middays scared him. He was thinking maybe this is the beginning of them pushing him out.

3. He's had two partners fired (Goff and McDoink). He was grateful that it wasn't him. Now he's solo.

He's certainly not the same cocky ass hole that he once was. He realized his bosses were getting sick of his act. He's a survivor. So he knows how to adjust. Nobody said anything to him for years. Mitch has always been scared to say anything to his people. But when that new boss, Mitch's boss, came in, he put down new rules. So Bernstein got the message after that new guy fired Goff.

So he's a little bit nicer now cuz he has to be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:26 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
I wonder when’s the last time Dan got a blowjob.

DAC, one post above

Give it a rest. You’re not clever or funny. You’re just annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:18 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

He's the antithesis of sports and anything sports related. He sucks all the joy out of it.

Hard to argue.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Larry copied it. Then Ostrawski copied it. It's where you say common sense things, or even stupid things, very slowly so you sound authoritative. You know what I'm talking about.

I'll give examples for each.

Bernstein: Listen. To. Doctors. And. Only. Listen. To. People. Who. Listen. To. Doctors.

Listen to those doctors or political figures who support some public gatherings (protests) in the middle of a global pandemic, but not all. These people are hypocrites and undermining their own message. Next time Bernstein lectures people on their behavior, ask him to explain this.