It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Neither of them have great talent. Both are very angry and hateful. Both of them have a high opinion of themselves. They both have egos the size of Texas. And they're both running out of media job opportunities because of it. But it won't stop either of them. It's interesting to watch this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
But, they bring a lot of joy to Chicago sports fans when they ultimately get fired.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
Julie and Goff are spiraling out of control together

I am drowning
There is no sign of land
You are coming down with me
Hand in unlovable hand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Julie and Goff are spiraling out of control together

I am drowning
There is no sign of land
You are coming down with me
Hand in unlovable hand

Pretty much. I've said it before, I want those two to breed. Gotta do it quick Jason, I don't think she'll be fertile too much longer. It might be over now, but give it a shot.

That baby will either be the greatest sports media person in history, or the anichrist. I'm cool with either one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Goff has talent. He has legit sports thoughts. He can be funny and entertaining. He just decided to take a path that neglected to bring out the best of his talents.

Julie is worthless.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Goff has talent. He has legit sports thoughts. He can be funny and entertaining. He just decided to take a path that neglected to bring out the best of his talents.

Julie is worthless.

Young Goff was funny and had some talent. Older Goff is not. And young Goff ain't coming back. He made that decision 5 or 8 years ago. Plus young Goff can't get away with the shit he said anyway. Old Goff would actually hate young Goff. Or at least pretend to hate him. It's just the times we live in now. Everybody now has to be offended. It's just the times we live in. If you're in media, you have to play that role.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Not going to comment on Julie.

Goff is not talented at all. All I heard from him was complaining, "lets get real, "Ice Cube is my boy."

He tried just too hard.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
Not going to comment on Julie.

Goff is not talented at all. All I heard from him was complaining, "lets get real, "Ice Cube is my boy."

He tried just too hard.

I'm just saying when he was more humble and less verbose in his younger days he was fine.

Then he just became a motor mouth that just talks over everybody. Thinking he was this great voice that people needed to hear. Instead of just the sports guy that would tell some jokes. Now he just pukes out works thinking he's saying something that people need to hear. Cuz he got cocky and thought he was a big deal. That was his problem. It happened to Mike North as well.

Just know what you are. Mike North and Jason Goff are not voices we need to hear when it comes to important shit. They're just two goofs that like sports. That's all they are. Doesn't mean they can't have thoughts. But nobody needs to hear them on a sports show. Those two hurt causes more then they help. Cuz they're both idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Even tho it was SIU, I really think Jason would have benefitted from staying in college.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Goff is the perfect example of someone who had legitimate talent and for whatever reason (ego in his case) decided to stop trying to improve, and as a result started to gradually get worse. And because he’s bitter and angry, he got defensive when people started calling him out and alienated the very base that initially supported him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seems several current and former staff members have decided that doing a show that Bernstein would like is more important than doing a show for a broad audience, can get the SJW stuff anywhere and everywhere, you turn into sports talk to get away from it. The shows all sound the same, low energy, lack of diverse voices/opinions, and hesitancy to criticize ownership/management, these traits were all hallmarks of the station at it's origination, but there really is nobody at the station capable of doing anything like that these days. There is really nothing even work podcasting anymore with Mac gone from Bears Monday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Goff is the perfect example of someone who had legitimate talent and for whatever reason (ego in his case) decided to stop trying to improve, and as a result started to gradually get worse. And because he’s bitter and angry, he got defensive when people started calling him out and alienated the very base that initially supported him.

Goff and drinky had the ability to be a beloved drive time team at that station.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Goff and drinky had the ability to be a beloved drive time team at that station.

What ability did Goff ever show? He was exposed as an empty-headed idiot when put in front of the mic for more than a few quips at Bernstein.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:25 am 

I loved their saturday night work.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
I loved their saturday night work.

I agree. As far as I was concerned, they both had personality+. I'm still surprised that neither could stay grounded.

Life ain't a bowl of cherries. It's more like a bowl of cheerios.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Yeah the late night Matty and Jason Show around 2005ish was great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
haven't they already spiraled years ago and now we're decidedly post-spiral? seriously the stuff lately is semantically just "out of control" compared to "yung gawf" or uhhh... was there ever a likable era of JDC?