It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mancow mooooooves on
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
https://www.robertfeder.com/2020/11/17/ ... ning-show/

The post-Don-Wade instability continues in mornings.

I expect Mancow will be try to become part of OANN when it comes under Trump control. Whether they'll have him, who can say.

Post subject: Re: Mancow mooooooves on
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I've heard of Post Malone, but Post Don Wade? That's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I feel sorry for entertainers like Mancow. In the 90's you could put on a funny r rated show and no one would really care. 2020 is a humorless, ultra conservative, anti free speech shit hole time in this country.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
This truly sucks.

I was just starting to listen semi-regularly too.

Always been a fan.

I hope he resurfaces somewhere, but to me, WLS seemed like the last stop. Maybe he ends up at the new Rock 95.5, although they just put together their morning show.

He already does podcasts, so you can catch him on that for now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
blackhawksfan wrote:
I feel sorry for entertainers like Mancow. In the 90's you could put on a funny r rated show and no one would really care. 2020 is a humorless, ultra conservative, anti free speech shit hole time in this country.

Exactly. Stern really was ahead of the game by going to Sirius and never looking back.

Mancow at this point should do the same thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
whistler wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Exactly. Stern really was ahead of the game by going to Sirius and never looking back.

Mancow at this point should do the same thing.

No, because Mancow hasn’t been popular or entertaining for years. His downfall is no different than Brandmeier or Dahl. Like many stars in all media, he burned bright for a while and then faded into the darkness. He wasn’t a victim of anything but his inability to adjust to the fan base. Stern used to throw lunch meat at strippers. If that was still his shtick he’d be in the same boat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Mancow would be better in more than a 2-hour time slot anyhow.

He'll be just fine.

Dude has more connects than most radio guys. People respect him because he continuously flips the bird at the establishment and keeps coming back for more.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:34 pm 

Where can a guy consume some raunchy media these days? Seems like this internet thing would be a good platform to host some raunchy content. When will people wise up and start hosting raunchy content on the internet?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
blackhawksfan wrote:

Interesting that you use the term “ultra conservative.” I think it is more “ultra liberal,” where no humor is allowed. Many comedians have spoken about this—Chappellle, Seinfeld...

It’s not conservatives shutting down free speech, it is liberals.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:41 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Interesting that you use the term “ultra conservative.” I think it is more “ultra liberal,” where no humor is allowed. Many comedians have spoken about this—Chappellle, Seinfeld...

Is this true?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:04 am 

Heisenberg wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Are you okay?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:08 am 

What do you mean, am I OK?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:09 am 

Heisenberg wrote:

Are you safe?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:12 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Are you safe?

I guess you’re just being a douchebag. But the conservatives are not on the “cancel culture” side by of things—the liberals are doing that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:57 am 

Heisenberg wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Are you safe?

I guess you’re just being a douchebag. But the conservatives are not on the “cancel culture” side by of things—the liberals are doing that.

Yeah that has been a flip in the last 25 years.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:15 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I never liked Mancow when he was popular. Somebody recommended his current show and I tried it. The content is great. He's bright enough to push the envelope as far as he can. This show is very frenetic. Subjects are interesting, but segments are like 1/2 minutes. Interviews are 20 words. Good quick listen in the car.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:57 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Heisenberg wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

The left has lost it's mind ever since Obama was elected and took it to a new level the last 4 years. When it comes to free speech they are about as conservative as the religious right.

Limousine liberals are now the party of the coastal elites and yes are very conservative when it comes to free speech. Also, they have a bromance with the CIA/FBI now which is very creepy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:45 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

The left has lost it's mind ever since Obama was elected and took it to a new level the last 4 years. When it comes to free speech they are about as conservative as the religious right.

Limousine liberals are now the party of the coastal elites and yes are very conservative when it comes to free speech. Also, they have a bromance with the CIA/FBI now which is very creepy.

this is true, which is what i thought you meant by "conservative". in the 90's, the religious right took over the conservatives and were trying to silence everybody.

the fallout of their loss is what we know now as modern "liberals".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Read some interesting post election information, in one result only 5% of the electorate identified as gay, but when you watch commercials or read social commentary you would think the percentage is much higher, the current political environment gives groups that are small in number immense power and smart media types have figured out how to monetize this situation.

If you look at the score the station pushes a diversity message, but in fact the station is entirely run by wealthy white liberal tribesman, a group that makes up a fraction of the overall population. You hear this in the almost lock step takes all the shows have on all things.

Fringe messaging has become mainstream because the SJW's control mainstream media messaging, if you have a differing viewpoint you are quickly shamed/cancelled.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:33 am 

Mancow has always been a phony, morning zoo type of radio host, from the name to the forced deep voice. I won't deny his popularity but when you say his star burned bright, it burned a little less brightly and for a lot less time than most of the big names of that time.

Radio is remarkable because almost all of the biggest names are finished before they reach 60. Hosts are left to drift around in their still productive years trying to be media consultants.

I heard Alex Jones on Rogan the other day say he needs a break or he will die. I would think Mancow would be a pretty good fill in. Mancow already is about 25% conspiracy show so the transition would be easy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:39 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Where can a guy consume some raunchy media these days? Seems like this internet thing would be a good platform to host some raunchy content. When will people wise up and start hosting raunchy content on the internet?

Well, I know there's this one podcast that's like an old morning zoo show. It seems to be about a small civic jurisdiction with semen?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:44 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Read some interesting post election information, in one result only 5% of the electorate identified as gay, but when you watch commercials or read social commentary you would think the percentage is much higher, the current political environment gives groups that are small in number immense power and smart media types have figured out how to monetize this situation.

If you look at the score the station pushes a diversity message, but in fact the station is entirely run by wealthy white liberal tribesman, a group that makes up a fraction of the overall population. You hear this in the almost lock step takes all the shows have on all things.

Fringe messaging has become mainstream because the SJW's control mainstream media messaging, if you have a differing viewpoint you are quickly shamed/cancelled.

The reason there is LGBTQ+ is that the populations of those groups are so small that they need to act as a collective for power, even though internally their agendas are often divergent (as an example, the changing of the name from Boystown to whatever non descript title it now bares). If T hadn't joined with that group as a block, we would hear none of the demands currently voiced by them as it is something like .5% of the population.

The same is true when people try to pair up "black and brown" people. Their interests are in lockstep on very few issues and I don't think the average person in either sees themselves as allies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Another interesting aspect of the election was the unraveling of the "black and brown" coalition, many times over the years stories about the increasing population of minorities meaning doom for the Republican party have been pushed. If you try to point out to a left minded individual that the "brown" part of the coalition does not necessarily share the same culture and especially does not share the same economic outlook as the "black" part of the coalition their eyes will quickly glaze over in confusion.

Guys like Mancow are trying to monetize the increasing insistence by the mass media which is majority Democratic to fit people into neatly wrapped categories when people are incredibly complex with completely different cultures.

Those that do not fit into the approved media prescribed categories want to belong somewhere, so they become willing consumers of what is called, "right wing media". Do guys like Mancow, Alex Jones, and Hannity really believe what they say on their shows? We have a media full of Bobby Heenan's, bunch of people ginning up gullible people in order to maintain gainful employment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:40 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Mancow has always been a phony, morning zoo type of radio host, from the name to the forced deep voice.

Ditto Bubba the Love Sponge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:57 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Do guys like Mancow, Alex Jones, and Hannity really believe what they say on their shows?

No, no, and yes, respectively.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:05 pm 

Mancow has had a weird last few years. It's pretty clear he was taken in by the disgraced Harvest pastor and donated a bunch to the church. Mancow then helped to take the guy down by providing intel to law enforcement, and wrote some articles for the Daily Herald chronicling his good deeds.

I remember when he was feuding with Stern in the 90s, and someone made a video of a guy dressed like Stern digging up Mancow's dead father to skull fuck him. Mancow went from big enough for Stern to have contempt for to trying to revive his career by telling his story of being taken by a grifter mega-church pastor.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:12 pm 

How he got on Anthony Bourdain's show I will never know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:12 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Mancow has had a weird last few years. It's pretty clear he was taken in by the disgraced Harvest pastor and donated a bunch to the church. Mancow then helped to take the guy down by providing intel to law enforcement, and wrote some articles for the Daily Herald chronicling his good deeds.

I remember when he was feuding with Stern in the 90s, and someone made a video of a guy dressed like Stern digging up Mancow's dead father to skull fuck him. Mancow went from big enough for Stern to have contempt for to trying to revive his career by telling his story of being taken by a grifter mega-church pastor.

I used to listen to James McDonald’s sermons on Fridays on 90.1 (now it’s Mark Jobe), and I can’t say I was surprised by what he was accused of doing but his sermons were pretty entertaining. He came off as sincere til I found out what he looked like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:12 pm 

W_Z wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Mancow has always been a phony, morning zoo type of radio host, from the name to the forced deep voice.

Ditto Bubba the Love Sponge.

Agreed, but I listened to Bubba even less than Mancow. Neither held my interest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I flip him on when the score and espn are both in commercials around 6:40am. His show is more interesting and energetic than most, imo. When I was in my late teens/early 20s, I thought he was HILARIOUS!

Free Speech is being shut down by liberals. Mac is a great example of that fallout.