It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:50 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Hub was getting annoyed at the callers because they were overly emotional. LOL I miss Doug.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Hub makes the show unlistenable because he goes out of his way to defend the Bears hierarchy, it makes him sound silly at times. His and some of his families careers are dependent upon full access to the NFL and the Bears in particular, this has increasingly made his Bears thoughts less and less valid over the years.

Trying to remove the emotion from fandom makes no sense, after all if people were not emotionally attached to the team no one would be spending time watching the games which drives up ratings and allows the NFL to still function despite playing in empty stadiums.

In fact, professional sports rely on the irrational investment of emotional capital by fans, without it there is no money, no jobs for pro athletes, and no sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Hub spent years kissing McCaskey ass so he just doesn't understand how anyone could be critical of the worst owners in the league.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 pm 

the bears are the least fun team in the entire NFL. has been this way since the early 90s. AND THEIR BUSINESS IS ENTERTAINMENT.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Clawmaster wrote:
Hub makes the show unlistenable because he goes out of his way to defend the Bears hierarchy, it makes him sound silly at times. His and some of his families careers are dependent upon full access to the NFL and the Bears in particular, this has increasingly made his Bears thoughts less and less valid over the years.

Trying to remove the emotion from fandom makes no sense, after all if people were not emotionally attached to the team no one would be spending time watching the games which drives up ratings and allows the NFL to still function despite playing in empty stadiums.

In fact, professional sports rely on the irrational investment of emotional capital by fans, without it there is no money, no jobs for pro athletes, and no sports talk radio.

i decided to tune in am1000 and the score after the last game.

you're 100 percent right about hub. he needs to kiss the bears org. ass to keep food on the table.

I didnt know who was on am1000 but callers were shitting on the guy. at least they don't censor or make fun of the callers on am1000 and let them speak their mind.