It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Please no more Rongey. He's smug and those White Sox pre and post shows were terrible. The level of hostility that built up between the host and the audience might have been entertaining to some, but I found it grating. I actually liked McKnight as the White Sox pre and post guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Warren Newson wrote:
Please no more Rongey. He's smug and those White Sox pre and post shows were terrible. The level of hostility that built up between the host and the audience might have been entertaining to some, but I found it grating. I actually liked McKnight as the White Sox pre and post guy.

He got all pissy with callers. Trying to be Bernstein. I couldn't stand the guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Everyone was trying to be Bernstein back then. Even C-team guys like Matt Rodewald and Jordan Bernfield were in on it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: What??
tommy wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

He got all pissy with callers. Trying to be Bernstein. I couldn't stand the guy.

I recall the callers were demanding some kind of move for about a week and Rongey kept poo-pooing it and calling it ridiculous and then it happened. "Good move", then said Rongey. He was the shilliest of all shills.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Nardi wrote:
tommy wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I recall the callers were demanding some kind of move for about a week and Rongey kept poo-pooing it and calling it ridiculous and then it happened. "Good move", then said Rongey. He was the shilliest of all shills.

firing Greg Walker?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
ZZ is a rank amateur toeing the company line post- game compared to Rongey. He pretty much demanded he be agreed with. He'd take everyone on. ZZ just takes 1 or 2 positive screened calls. If a negative call sneaks in that's the end of phone calls.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Sounds like Rongey and ZZ come from the Hub Arkush school of broadcasting. Kiss the Teams ass 110 percent of the time regardless of decisions made good or bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
HawaiiYou wrote:
Sounds like Rongey and ZZ come from the Hub Arkush school of broadcasting. Kiss the Teams ass 110 percent of the time regardless of decisions made good or bad.

Old WGN Hub was a Bear's ass kisser. I find him pretty honest about the Bears on the Score. He does have a friendship with the McCaskeys so he'll be guarded on owner talk. But he's never off the wall fraidey cat like ZZ. He's usually in voice of reason mode about the Bears. I think Chicago has tremendous Bear's experts in general. Also the national guys visiting Chicago sports radio chiming in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Everyone was trying to be Bernstein back then. Even C-team guys like Matt Rodewald and Jordan Bernfield were in on it.

In 2020 after seeing him get neutered, does anyone still want to be him?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:30 am 

He also used to pork that weather girl who made it up to network level. A true cocksman, that Rongey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
tommy wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Yep. I'll pass. he was a jagoff as pre and post game.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Rongey is BAD at radio and his attempts at comedy are WOEFULLY comparable to El Senor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I wonder if Rongey still tells people he feels lucky to have been dumped by Ginger Zee.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
I wonder if Rongey still tells people he feels lucky to have been dumped by Ginger Zee.

I missed that. Talk about having your face rubbed in it.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Old WGN Hub was a Bear's ass kisser. I find him pretty honest about the Bears on the Score. He does have a friendship with the McCaskeys so he'll be guarded on owner talk. But he's never off the wall fraidey cat like ZZ. He's usually in voice of reason mode about the Bears. I think Chicago has tremendous Bear's experts in general. Also the national guys visiting Chicago sports radio chiming in.

Olin and Moon Mullin were the only two local guys that started calling out Nagy/Pace two years ago. Remember Moon specifically pointing out that Mitch was failing everyday in practice at training camp and that Nagy holding starters out of all pre season games was a huge mistake. Olin has been a consistent critic of the talent on the Oline and Nagy's bizarre play calling. The rest of the local "experts" and especially the on air staff at WSCR were fervent fan boys of Nagy until just a few weeks ago.

The current approach to sports talk media, and media in general, makes it difficult to get factual information on almost anything. The inability to synthesize data and critically think is a hallmark of the public education system, almost all my successful front line staff is either from another country or went to private schools.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Olin and Moon Mullin were the only two local guys that started calling out Nagy/Pace two years ago. Remember Moon specifically pointing out that Mitch was failing everyday in practice at training camp and that Nagy holding starters out of all pre season games was a huge mistake. Olin has been a consistent critic of the talent on the Oline and Nagy's bizarre play calling. The rest of the local "experts" and especially the on air staff at WSCR were fervent fan boys of Nagy until just a few weeks ago.

The current approach to sports talk media, and media in general, makes it difficult to get factual information on almost anything. The inability to synthesize data and critically think is a hallmark of the public education system, almost all my successful front line staff is either from another country or went to private schools.

Couple that with a fear of being cut off from access to teams and the same issues that plague news coverage are currently doing the same things with sports coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Couple that with a fear of being cut off from access to teams and the same issues that plague news coverage are currently doing the same things with sports coverage.

I think it's more of what Crest said....the teams will yank access / credentials without even thinking about it. Most of this started when 670 became the home broadcasting station.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Pandering to the teams becomes a big credibility problem and fills your dayparts with bland hosts like Holmes and Parkins. Understandable when your a team approved pre/post game guy like Rongey, entertaining angry sox fans for a few hours a day beat actually working for a living.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:27 am 

Parkins didn't need any corporate encouragement to be pro Cubs. He's practically the poster boy for the baseball hat turned backwards, suburban big ten frat boy who tells everyone at school he is from chicago, Go Cubs Go, era of fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:58 pm 

Rongey on with meatpants this afternoon on the Score.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.