It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:32 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
cookie23 wrote:
Agreed, he is good in small doses.

Yes, I listened to the clip. It was 100% passive aggressive by Kap. Just say you saw him.

Forgot what movie, but some guy who used to make a lot of money was working as a pizza delivery guy or something and one of the character asked why he was doing it, his answer was something like "Still a millionaire, I deliver pizza's because I am for eccentric kicks" or something like that.

similar - but different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VpgEHsPc7I

then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JvNlSfiD0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'm planning on working a bullshit job like that for 6-8 hours a week when I retire. Three reasons:
1. I'm getting paid to get my exercise
2. I can fund my hobbies with it. 4 hours of work equals a round of golf. 40 hours of work equals a new driver.
3. I get to get out of the house. Would be more important if I didn't live alone.

My dad still worked 15 hours a week in his late 70s, he stopped working at 82. He said he did it for the meager paycheck, but he did it for being around the customers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:14 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, Rosenbloom is in his mid-60s, he's probably drawing on the IRA by now. He doesn't seem like someone who just thrives on being around people, though, does he?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, Rosenbloom is in his mid-60s, he's probably drawing on the IRA by now. He doesn't seem like someone who just thrives on being around people, though, does he?

Assuming he’s not 65 yet, he may be doing it for the insurance - plain and simple.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
cookie23 wrote:
I think it was the guy from the Cosby Show who was "outed" for working at I think a Traders Joe.

I just googled it and my guess of Alvin was right

Also, "Traders Joe" sounds really awkward

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:23 am 

Every time, no matter what time of day I drive past, our Trader Joe's has a line out the door. I assume in the pandemic they are either letting people shop one at a time like they are Britney Spears or the pandemic requires the far superior dark chocolate peanut butter cups they sell to cope.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
Every time, no matter what time of day I drive past, our Trader Joe's has a line out the door. I assume in the pandemic they are either letting people shop one at a time like they are Britney Spears or the pandemic requires the far superior dark chocolate peanut butter cups they sell to cope.

Theyre of the belief that 50 people or less in the store is safe. Just dont eat indoors at the restaurant next door. Thats dangerous.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:27 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Theyre of the belief that 50 people or less in the store is safe. Just dont eat indoors at the restaurant next door. Thats dangerous.

It's starting to seem like you may be against the indoor dining ban.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's starting to seem like you may be against the indoor dining ban.

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Bagels wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
I think it was the guy from the Cosby Show who was "outed" for working at I think a Traders Joe.

https://www.theonion.com/william-safire ... 1819565735

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:09 am 

I would think that Kap, of all people, would respect someone trying to grind out a living and would be the kind of guy who found dignity in all work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I would have pegged Kap as a Sunset Foods shopper.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Bagels wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

https://www.theonion.com/william-safire ... 1819565735

:lol: :lol: :lol: By midnight, this will have proven to have had made my day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:57 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I would think that Kap, of all people, would respect someone trying to grind out a living and would be the kind of guy who found dignity in all work.

I agree. If Rosie didn't want this to be known, shame on Kap for mentioning it. And obviously Rosie didn't want it to be known. Because nobody knew I assume. I mean publicly.

There is no shame in it. It's the opposite. It's noble that Rosie is doing a job to make a few bucks since media turned him away. At his age, he can't do much more than this. Which is fine.

But I think Kap mentioned it to kind of humiliate Rosie. I think that makes him a dick.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:07 am 

Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree. If Rosie didn't want this to be known, shame on Kap for mentioning it. And obviously Rosie didn't want it to be known. Because nobody knew I assume. I mean publicly.

There is no shame in it. It's the opposite. It's noble that Rosie is doing a job to make a few bucks since media turned him away. At his age, he can't do much more than this. Which is fine.

But I think Kap mentioned it to kind of humiliate Rosie. I think that makes him a dick.

ive only listed to kap a handful of times. and in those times he comes off as a real dick. first impressions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

ive only listed to kap a handful of times. and in those times he comes off as a real dick. first impressions.

Yeah. I've always thought Kaplan is an ass hole. I'm betting everybody that works with him or comes in contact with him thinks the same.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Not Kap.

He forgot how and where he started a long time ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:03 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not Kap.

What do you mean?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not Kap.

What do you mean?

He started out as a street scout that Chet used to have on his show. I think he was in Hoop Dreams.

The bigger he got, the more he forgot. Not uncommon though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not Kap.

Basketball coach?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not Kap.

Basketball coach?

I think he coached as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not Kap.

Basketball coach?

I think he coached as well.

I'm pretty sure he was an assistant at NIU, maybe on McDougal's staff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 am 

Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Tough luck. Rosenbloom is a jag who takes potshots at everyone and has horrible baseball thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:25 am 

Seacrest wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not Kap.

What do you mean?

He started out as a street scout that Chet used to have on his show. I think he was in Hoop Dreams.

The bigger he got, the more he forgot. Not uncommon though.

I think that's one thing that rubs me the wrong way about Kap: in his mind he really did hit it big. Meanwhile he's maybe upper middle class in his industry and less than that in the real world. I appreciate his work ethic and I've come to like his work a little more his personality would be grating. He's the kind of guy who gives you a nickname the first time he meets you and then tells everyone that you're his good friend.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:27 am 

seeing this thread made me dig through some old files and find this segment i clipped & recorded, and added some music to it...it was back when MJH were being ripped by Sean Salisbury about his Dallas Mavericks.

that show (salisbury/rosenbloom) was earsplittingly bad.

https://soundcloud.com/krymestone/mjh-on-sean-salisbury-jan07

(if you're wondering about the musical selections, i'm pretty sure i cut this late on a friday or saturday night...and my state of mind was probably a bit, ah, off?)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:29 am 

tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Tough luck. Rosenbloom is a jag who takes potshots at everyone and has horrible baseball thoughts.

Fuck that man. You don't joke about a guy on the balls of his ass so badly that he's forced to work for minimum wage in his 60s. That's tragic, not funny and we could all be in the same position if things broke wrong. Rosenbloom is pretty good in the mechanics of writing with good academic credentials and a very good professional resume. If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone. There's a lot of people's industries that won't outlive their need to work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I think Trader Joe's pays slightly above minimum wage.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Kap’s mom passed away. RIP

I read his twitter post, and all I could hear was “back to the calls...”. Damn this place :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:39 am 

good dolphin wrote:
tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Fuck that man. You don't joke about a guy on the balls of his ass so badly that he's forced to work for minimum wage in his 60s. That's tragic, not funny and we could all be in the same position if things broke wrong. Rosenbloom is pretty good in the mechanics of writing with good academic credentials and a very good professional resume. If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone. There's a lot of people's industries that won't outlive their need to work.

I rarely disagree with you, but eff him. He's not much different from Jay Mariotti--a real flip-flopper. I've been in similar situations as Rosie, and it sucks, but he'll live. He was acerbic the way Terry Boers used to be in the Trib, but not funny. He was going after Wanny ten years later. He also ripped on Paul Konerko after his first two years in Chicago (both successful years), and I think that's what pisses me off the most.

(A few minutes pass.) God damnit. You are right.

I like the point you are making here. It is tragic. And now I feel pretty bad. Actually, the more I think about it, the worse I feel. I'd erase my comments above if it weren't for his blindness on Konerko. But yeah, I feel bad for the guy, and anyone in that position.

See, this is why I come here--for the pricks and prods to my conscience and rhetorical acumen. (Pricks probably isn't best word.) The opportunities for such growth are limited in today's society once you leave school--if you go to a good one, that is. (And yes, I'm being serious.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:37 pm 

Like I said earlier I only listened to Kap a handful of times. This was before he was on with Hood.

He was telling a story about walking on lake shore drive and getting yelled at by strangers to pick him up. Or someone picked him up and drove him.

The guy was so self absorbed while telling the story. It was meaningless other than saying LOOK HOW GREAT I AM, OTHERS STOPPED FOR ME OFFERING ME A RIDE.

probably never happened.