It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I would think that Kap, of all people, would respect someone trying to grind out a living and would be the kind of guy who found dignity in all work.

I agree. If Rosie didn't want this to be known, shame on Kap for mentioning it. And obviously Rosie didn't want it to be known. Because nobody knew I assume. I mean publicly.

There is no shame in it. It's the opposite. It's noble that Rosie is doing a job to make a few bucks since media turned him away. At his age, he can't do much more than this. Which is fine.

But I think Kap mentioned it to kind of humiliate Rosie. I think that makes him a dick.

Tough luck. Rosenbloom is a jag who takes potshots at everyone and has horrible baseball thoughts.

Correct. All those ex-writers/current writers are an arrogant bunch. And that is even an understatement. Back in the day when newspapers were king, they use to carry themselves around like they were a gift from god. I am not exaggerating.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
good dolphin wrote:
tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I would think that Kap, of all people, would respect someone trying to grind out a living and would be the kind of guy who found dignity in all work.

I agree. If Rosie didn't want this to be known, shame on Kap for mentioning it. And obviously Rosie didn't want it to be known. Because nobody knew I assume. I mean publicly.

There is no shame in it. It's the opposite. It's noble that Rosie is doing a job to make a few bucks since media turned him away. At his age, he can't do much more than this. Which is fine.

But I think Kap mentioned it to kind of humiliate Rosie. I think that makes him a dick.

Tough luck. Rosenbloom is a jag who takes potshots at everyone and has horrible baseball thoughts.

Fuck that man. You don't joke about a guy on the balls of his ass so badly that he's forced to work for minimum wage in his 60s. That's tragic, not funny and we could all be in the same position if things broke wrong. Rosenbloom is pretty good in the mechanics of writing with good academic credentials and a very good professional resume. If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone. There's a lot of people's industries that won't outlive their need to work.

Rosenbloom is probably a jag but i agree, kap should not have gone there. but we dont know the whole story. maybe there was long time payback for Kap. I could see it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I'm planning on working a bullshit job like that for 6-8 hours a week when I retire. Three reasons:
1. I'm getting paid to get my exercise
2. I can fund my hobbies with it. 4 hours of work equals a round of golf. 40 hours of work equals a new driver.
3. I get to get out of the house. Would be more important if I didn't live alone.

My dad still worked 15 hours a week in his late 70s, he stopped working at 82. He said he did it for the meager paycheck, but he did it for being around the customers.

Of course. You can make like 20 grand a year without it affecting Social Security. It's been my contention if you're healthy, strong like bull, start drawing at 62 and work part time at Home Depot in the plumbing dept. Take the summers off. Go cruising, bang chicks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nardi wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I'm planning on working a bullshit job like that for 6-8 hours a week when I retire. Three reasons:
1. I'm getting paid to get my exercise
2. I can fund my hobbies with it. 4 hours of work equals a round of golf. 40 hours of work equals a new driver.
3. I get to get out of the house. Would be more important if I didn't live alone.

My dad still worked 15 hours a week in his late 70s, he stopped working at 82. He said he did it for the meager paycheck, but he did it for being around the customers.

Of course. You can make like 20 grand a year without it affecting Social Security. It's been my contention if you're healthy, strong like bull, start drawing at 62 and work part time at Home Depot in the plumbing dept. Take the summers off. Go cruising, bang chicks.

Plus, those people can be really useful if they've spent a career (or a lifetime as a hobbyist) in a related field. If I'm at Home Depot, those are the guys I find out to ask my stupid questions, and they explain everything really well. I'm not explaining this well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
rosenbloom had the swirsk on yesterday - great listening to swirsky. his career, especially chicago career, has had an odd arc. loved the grobber, but for all his blustering, i believe swirsky had a bigger chicago sports talk footprint from the early days.

really believe he'd be a great host. 'snub the cubs' and the swirsk wasn't intimidated by cubs gm and ww2 vet bob kennedy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Saturday Suckage might be the best show on the Score and I was never a Rosenbloom fan in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:58 am 

Augie wrote:
Saturday Suckage might be the best show on the Score and I was never a Rosenbloom fan in the past.

somewhat agree

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Uncle Pete's
It appears that his Saturday show on the score is no longer a thing. Gabe Ramirez is on now.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Rusty Shackleford wrote:
It appears that his Saturday show on the score is no longer a thing. Gabe Ramirez is on now.

No Grote?

Grote & Stevie Sunshine are a good combo, Rosenbloom solo is pretty pedestrian.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Ramirez just said he was filling in for Rosenbloom.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Uncle Pete's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Ramirez just said he was filling in for Rosenbloom.

That's good. This is the third week in a row without Rosenbloom. I was getting worried that the best combo (Grote/Rosenbloom) on the score was done.