It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
312player wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
DAC wrote:
Rahimi getting hired rather than Parkins getting a full-time partner would be a major disappointment for me. Rahimi is an overall negative for me. Add Spiegel and Rongey to the Parkins and Bernstein and I'm a happier Score listener.

oops

Yeah, that would have worked for me too.

Rongey is an all timer top 10 score worst, I wouldn't listen to that dope if you paid me.

I think Sox fans in general hate him.

I can confirm this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No doubt Rongey was a tool on Sox radio, but in reality the baseball pre/post game radio host is so inconsequential its barely worth mentioning.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No doubt Rongey was a tool on Sox radio, but in reality the baseball pre/post game radio host is so inconsequential its barely worth mentioning.

Unless the host is such an unlikable dickbag that it actively makes you notice him.

As was the case with Rongey.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:21 pm 

Mitch must still be getting shit for the Mac incident, and for the Bernstein "boobs" shit, for this to be their hire. Leila is ok at best, but the voice is awful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
schmitty1121 wrote:
Mitch must still be getting shit for the Mac incident, and for the Bernstein "boobs" shit, for this to be their hire. Leila is ok at best, but the voice is awful.

She’s not ok at best.

The voice isn’t great by any stretch but her main problem is she has nothing interesting to say. No particular topic or sport that is her “specialty” and she seems completely allergic to nuance when it comes to analysis of any kind.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Several times today she stalled saying she couldn’t formulate words for the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

She’s not ok at best.

The voice isn’t great by any stretch but her main problem is she has nothing interesting to say. No particular topic or sport that is her “specialty” and she seems completely allergic to nuance when it comes to analysis of any kind.

She just laughs at everything. She's somebody for Bernstein to talk too, but it's hard to imagine great conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

She’s not ok at best.

I don't listen as much as many of you but this has been my take when I have heard her on the airwaves. I believe Dan will tire of this pretty quickly. She doesn't seem to be the one that will be able to joust with him on any meaningful or controversial topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
pittmike wrote:
Several times today she stalled saying she couldn’t formulate words for the topic.

That's what you want to hear from a talk radio host during their first day in a full-time role.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
pittmike wrote:

If memory serves, that was considered an ‘intellectual stammer’ through approximately late 2015 and served as evidence of the speaker’s rhetorical brilliance.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Crick Ramp wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

She’s not ok at best.

all the money right there.

she sounds as if 9 more seconds of talking will cause laryngitis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5