It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
HawaiiYou wrote:
Juiced wrote:
I hope it's not a Spieg's/Parkin's show announcement. Spieg's has no charisma and had many chances. Give someone else a shot.

Out of all the tryouts I liked the Rami guy or whatever his name is that was on with Spieg's this week.

it would be great if they hired all new fresh personalities who would be hungry at the chance.

There aren't any. Fresh means low salaried, and those people are not doing radio.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:07 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
2 hours until they announce 670 is merging with their sister station in Wisconsin.

I could see them sharing some weekend programming and try to build a Good Karma regional brand. Mix that in with some Westwood One or Learfield stuff, or branded with the Big Ten TV network.

Good Karma is the ESPNs, Entercom is the Score and SSP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:10 pm 

Score Search 2021: What Do We Have To Lose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:11 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
2 hours until they announce 670 is merging with their sister station in Wisconsin.

I could see them sharing some weekend programming and try to build a Good Karma regional brand. Mix that in with some Westwood One or Learfield stuff, or branded with the Big Ten TV network.

Good Karma is the ESPNs, Entercom is the Score and SSP

Oh yeah, sorry. Was thinking about the Greenberg/DLB moves.

Entrecom is fucked. If they were starting clean on Monday with a totally clean sheet except for existing rights deals, and their current and former listener base, what would their financial model be?? I don't see one that supports even 40 hours a week of programming beyond games, much less close to 80.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:13 pm 

In the absurd category, announce that they are abandoning twitch to simulcast on Marquee.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
In the absurd category, announce that they are abandoning twitch to simulcast on Marquee.

You'd think one of the RSN's would have a morning radio show simulcast, but then again the RSN's here know the radio talent is pure garbage and don't want to be associated with them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That and that even by face-for-radio standards, the Chicago sports radio talent pool is really not telegenic. Goff was like the only person about whom you couldn't say "what ailment does that person have?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:06 pm 

I don't think it is that far fetched.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:09 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

I think twitch is Entrecom-wide for their non-music stations.

I'd love it if the station is being sold to the RSN network and being rebranded as Bally Chicago or Marquee Radio. The SJWs will lose their minds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:05 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Yep. I think we have a winner there

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:52 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
if they just announced their commercial time is going to be cut in half i might try to listen again. fucking brutal when im in my car and the whole fucking 15min ride is commercials

It will be cut by 75% in the middle of February.

theyre switching to pop country music?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Rahimi is beyond bad. Her and Bernstein are a Auto-Shut off. Thank god for the Herd and Greeny on XM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Rahimi is beyond bad. Her and Bernstein are a Auto-Shut off. Thank god for the Herd and Greeny on XM

Those two twats are the alternatives you opt for?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Cowherd and Greeny ? Good God, Man.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nicklin3011 wrote:

She seems like a nice person. She doesn't add anything except big boobs. She just laughs at everything. Her sports knowledge is very limited, but again, big boobs. I guess that's for the imagination of the listeners.

It's too bad the Score is more interested in social justice than entertainment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
It's Rahimi for sure. Feder already put it out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
So the station hires Rahimi to, what, win back the wokescolds who were Big Mad at Danny Mac's joke On Twitter? They realize that most of those people never listened to the station in the first place, right?

I don't they realize or understand this. They are more concerned with being seen as fully woke.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The station has devolved into hosts watching twitter feeds and simply regurgitating accepted takes. Why bother to listen when you already know the accepted take on each issue? Used to listen for different takes which you used to get from all the hosts, Uncle Terry especially used to have original sports thoughts back in the day.

There is almost a fear of standing out these days because if you differ from accepted norms you will instantly be shunned by the twitterverse, and most of the score hosts seem to only gain self esteem via the hollow world of social media acceptance, AM radio seems like the wrong place for the majority of the current hosts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Terry Boers is still alive.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:08 am 

Leila doesn’t deliver “woke content” though..

Why do some of you keep saying that? Is it just cuz she’s a chick?

My beef is she doesn’t have any unique interesting sports thoughts. Nor is she interesting in any way.

Some of you goofs just look for any reason to type WOKE I think

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
It's 100% Leila getting the co-hosting role. It's been in the cards since she started filling in during the fall. Danny Mac's exile solidified adding a female host to the regular day time schedule.

She adds very little to the Wednesdays she already on with Bernstein. Part of that might be a radio beginner working over Twitch in different locations than her co-host and production team, but more likely, she's not very good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:54 am 

Mark Prior's Calves wrote:
It's 100% Leila getting the co-hosting role. It's been in the cards since she started filling in during the fall. Danny Mac's exile solidified adding a female host to the regular day time schedule.

She adds very little to the Wednesdays she already on with Bernstein. Part of that might be a radio beginner working over Twitch in different locations than her co-host and production team, but more likely, she's not very good.

She is pretty much the exact opposite of the red hippo in every way. That makes her fine by me. Welcome to the station if she is the announcement.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:22 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:

My beef is she doesn’t have any unique interesting sports thoughts. Nor is she interesting in any way.

I haven't heard any of it, so I don't have an opinion on if she is going to be good or not. But if she doesn't have any interesting sports thoughts, then why add her at a time where they are bleeding money? If it is just for diversity of gender then that is pretty much the definition of Mitch trying to be woke. Not Leila, but Mitch and Dan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Crick Ramp wrote:

Completely agreed. A Rahimi hire would be extremely disappointing since she adds NOTHING other than being a female. And how many Score listeners or those that have left want to hear the "female" perspective? That is something I am definitely not clamoring for. I listen to the Score for sportstalk and everyday nonsense. It's honorable to want a diverse lineup but it's counterproductive if they're not talented.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They picked McDoink to co-host with Bernstein, they can botch a hire just fine without considering gender.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
It does make me happy that they chose Rahimi over July. It wasn’t that they didn’t want a female host, they didn’t want her specifically as a female host.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:40 am 

It seems like pairing Dan with a female of her style is like a governor that prevents him from getting too woke. Not an addition that makes the show MORE woke.

When Dan can just riff on social issues, that’s when the the button gets pushed. Or if he’s paired with someone who also likes to riff, a la Goff.

But that’s not what Leila is about. At least up to this point. So maybe the thought is it keeps Bernstein focused on actual sports and limits his “Tony Ditka” type diatribes.

Ultimately, it just sucks the station is continuing to take steps back in the compelling department.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Heisenberg wrote:
It does make me happy that they chose Rahimi over July. It wasn’t that they didn’t want a female host, they didn’t want her specifically as a female host.

How pissed is July? She never had any airtime between 9-6 on weekdays and got fired. Less than a year later a woman gets a full time gig from 9-12.

From what I've heard of Rahimi she doesn't really talk that much. She'll be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

How pissed is July? She never had any airtime between 9-6 on weekdays and got fired. Less than a year later a woman gets a full time gig from 9-12.

From what I've heard of Rahimi she doesn't really talk that much. She'll be fine.

Oh yeah. Julie is pissed over this one. For what you just said. So what she'll do is post a congrats to Leila on Monday. But inside she's pissed that she wasn't the "Chosen girl" at the SCORE. So inside she hates Leila for winning. Women hate women more than men hate men when it comes to competition and losing. It starts in high school. Girls don't like the more popular girls.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's funny how they changed this promotion of the announcement on the SCORE. They say "tune in to the big announcement" and now they have Leila say "Be ready in 3-2-1" at the end. The first ones they ran didn't have Leila at the end.

So they're telling you it's Leila. Good for her. I don't mind her.

1. She's a pleasant lady. She's less annoying then most of the SCORE backups. Like Zaidman and Rongey.

2. She knows sports well enough. She's been in locker rooms covering teams. So she knows stuff.

3. She's well spoken and has above average intelligence. You can tell that. Unlike SCORE producers who have below average intelligence.

4. She's got a sense of humor. She can make fun of herself. She can take some jabs too. Unlike Larry will not allow anybody to poke fun at him. And takes himself way too serious.

5. Bernstein had already became more tamed. But having a lady with him will make him more tame. It's just a fact. Guys are more polite when around women. We all are.

6. Unlike Julie, she doesn't feel the need to say "White men Suck" or "It's tough being a girl" every 5 minutes. She just talks sports on a sports show. Wow. What a unique concept.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next