It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ABC7 NYE show
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
every year this show amuses me. i see they are doing it again this year with the same cast of characters... but what exactly are they going to be covering? each reporter in their own home? Cheryl Scott will bring her A game, i can count on that.

Post subject: Re: ABC7 NYE show
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:20 pm 

Deacon Blues wrote:
Watched this fun bad show when we were in Chicago, Janet Davies was the absolute worst. She thought she was queen of Chicago. Lou Cannelis a close second. Is Davies still around? Remember her and Canellis had a lame Chicago show as well.

her and giangreco make out each year. one year i expect their plastic faces to meld together during their kiss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I enjoy the trashy local show on 7. The sponsor stuff is so intrusive it's amusing. No fireworks this year so they'll have to figure out something to do after midnight when they usually go from party to party with the fireworks in the background.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:31 pm 

great year to go outside and support a rural town bar scene.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
KDdidit wrote:
I enjoy the trashy local show on 7. The sponsor stuff is so intrusive it's amusing. No fireworks this year so they'll have to figure out something to do after midnight when they usually go from party to party with the fireworks in the background.

Feder had a story in today's column. 35 minute in studio show, Cheryl Scott will dance, fireworks will be a montage of previous years. The two old farts will do a socially distanced slobbering "kiss."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
CHICAGO (WLS) -- As we look forward to bidding farewell to 2020, ABC 7's New Year's Eve special, a Chicago tradition for the past 29 years, will carry on the celebration! Countdown Chicago, the city's longest running and most popular local New Year's Eve show, will once again ring in the New Year on Thursday, December 31 at 11:25 p.m.. December 31, 1991 marked the beginning of ABC 7's annual broadcast of New Year's Eve specials.

Countdown Chicago was one of the most watched local programs in Chicago in 2020 and this year won't be an exception! ABC 7's Janet Davies and Mark Giangreco, two of Chicago's most recognized broadcasters, will team up for their 20th stint as co-hosts ushering in the New Year for Chicagoans. Janet and Mark will host from a re-imagined and festive Windy City LIVE studio, showcasing exciting entertainment for some NYE magic. Also, joining the celebration are ABC 7's Ryan Chiaverini, Liz Nagy, Hosea Sanders, Val Warner and Tom Waddle.

Terrell Brown and Cheryl Scott will open the show with another smash dance routine guaranteed to shake off the 2020 pandemic blues. If you think you've seen a low cut dress before, prepare to be amazed (and impressed!) And since laughter is the best medicine for a year like 2020, Countdown Chicago will feature comedians and radio personalities -- including Chicagoan Ed Lover, Jo Koy, Damon Williams, Erica Watson, Brian Babylon, Peter Lee, Angi Taylor, Brian Hanley, Kendra G & Kyle Santillian -- who remind us, in a very humorous way, just how bad 2020 was!

Singer/Actress Sofia Carson turns in an exclusive performance for Countdown Chicago, singing her hit song, "Guess I'm a Liar." Carson is starring in the new film, "Songbird." She is also known for her role as Evie in the Disney "Descendants" series, as well as Ava in Freeform's "Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists" and Amazon's "I'm Sorry You're Poor."

Chicago native and finalist on "The Voice," Katie Kadan will perform an upbeat cover of "Lady Marmalade" she has done in the past as well as an original song from her eponymous album, "Signora Gelatina."

Then in perfect harmony, the unmatched sound of DCapella will delight and amaze and astound and captivate.

Ryan Chiaverini is putting together a special "2 Minute Warning" featuring the people of Chicago who tell us in their own words what was "Wacky, Weird & Wild" in 2020, a perfect time to use the bathroom.

Liz Nagy will talk to Katie Kadan from the Baton Show Lounge about the struggle of artists during the pandemic as well as Katie's amazing run on "The Voice" from the newest Bullfrog M-Series spa featuring gorgeous design and intimate Andriondack-inspired JetPak therapeutic seats.

Hosea Sanders will feature a story on "Watch Night" sometimes called Freedom's Eve, which will highlight a celebration by some Black churches to remember the Emancipation Proclamation freeing slaves. Viewers certainly wont want to miss Hosea's reveal of the sweater that he knitted to mark this special occassion.

Val Warner will catch up with Jermaine Jordan, owner of the Free Hot Meals restaurant on the West Side, which provides free meals/clothes/groceries to the homeless. She'll find out what soul food and dessert he's cooking for the homeless. The Bowen High School basketball team will be featured as they cook and pass out special meals at the restaurant on New Year's Eve. Val and Jermaine will then compare Rémy Martin against Courvosier as they have a pass out segment of their own.

And as always, ABC 7 will be ringing in the New Year with a flashback of Chicago's grand finale NYE fireworks, while Mark and Janet sloppily makeout in a drunken haze.

Hank Mendheim is the executive producer of ABC 7 PRESENTS: COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2021.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:08 pm 

newper wrote:
[i]CHICAGO (WLS) -- [/
Terrell Brown and Cheryl Scott will open the show with another smash dance routine guaranteed to shake off the 2020 pandemic blues. If you think you've seen a low cut dress before, prepare to be amazed (and impressed!) And since laughter is the best medicine for a year like 2020, Countdown Chicago will feature comedians and radio personalities -- including Chicagoan Ed Lover, Jo Koy, Damon Williams, Erica Watson, Brian Babylon, Peter Lee, Angi Taylor, Brian Hanley, Kendra G & Kyle Santillian -- who remind us, in a very humorous way, just how bad 2020 was!

How many Hanleys will he be able to create with his NYE set?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:11 pm 

you think giangreco ever poked davies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:
you think giangreco ever poked davies

At least got a blowjob out of her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Flipping channels and I think Channel 7 was the only channel that wasn’t extremely gay. I really couldn’t care less but the kids mentioned it and as far as I could tell they were correct.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:02 am 

Not the same this year.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:14 am 

Never disappoints. Midnight featured puppets eating each other's faces and a giant fat lady singing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:16 am 

billypootons wrote:
Never disappoints. Midnight featured puppets eating each other's faces and a giant fat lady singing

The puppets were interesting. I would love to know how they found that lady.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:15 am 
1000 CLUB

Cheryl Scott is beautiful. That's all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:36 am 

BD wrote:

Yup, so let's put her outdoors on a rooftop for the show

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I only got the national shows tonight. I remember these things being slightly tolerable and even a bit cool 15 or so years ago but recently they have been awful. I know I am much older now but that does not mean that these shows are not total horse shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This looked rough...

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I only got the national shows tonight. I remember these things being slightly tolerable and even a bit cool 15 or so years ago but recently they have been awful. I know I am much older now but that does not mean that these shows are not total horse shit.

Watched some to the Dick Clark extravaganza and it did seem radically different from years ago when they seemed to be able to get some big acts to perform, it was more akin to a corporate retreat with plenty of corporate shilling, and an occasional lip synching auto tune rapper or gay dude sprinkled in to meet the current mandatory cultural appropriateness quotas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
conns7901 wrote:
billypootons wrote:

That wasnt a lady.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The Man wrote:
Flipping channels and I think Channel 7 was the only channel that wasn’t extremely gay.

How did you miss the drag queen singing "Lady Marmalade"?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Man wrote:
Flipping channels and I think Channel 7 was the only channel that wasn’t extremely gay.

How did you miss the drag queen singing "Lady Marmalade"?

She’s not trans, but an actual Chicago woman that was runner-up on “The Voice” a couple of years ago.

Nothing shows how “small town” Chicago can be more than our NYE celebrations—you’d think ABC could get a (not literally) bigger performer than her. Like Fall Out Boy, REO, or some other has-been band with Chicago roots.

Was Sonic Youth your band? That would have been better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
billypootons wrote:

That wasnt a lady.

No. It was July Dicaro.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
BD wrote:

she is just fucking gorgeous.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Heisenberg wrote:

Was Sonic Youth your band? That would have been better.

i'm getting a good laugh imagining Sonic Youth ringing in the new year with Death Valley '69 or The Diamond Sea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
whistler wrote:
BD wrote:

she is just fucking gorgeous.

is this patrick sharp?