It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The only one who truly knows anything about baseball on the Score is Steve Stone when he visits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
fixed

vitoscotti wrote:
The only one who truly knows anything about baseball in Chicago is Steve Stone when he visits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
"I don't think doing steroids is as bad as being a racist like Curt Schilling."

Ken Caminiti's headstone actually reads "At Least He Didn't Post."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

spiegel told us that in the past 3 years - he didn't fall for a 1 game cubs offensive explosion, only to fall back to anemic hitting. speigel said he believed that the cubs' bats could be back due to hitting to the opposite field, as shown on saturday.

one game doesn't make him wrong - i'll give him a week before saying he was right or wrong about the cubs' bats. spiegel based his opinion off one game.

i gave him 6 days - looking like a good call by spiegel.

the cubs got lucky and missed degrom and stroman..final tests are against perralta and woodruff.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I listened to today's show on podcast and Chris Rongey was in there for Haugh.

It was a fabulous show. one of the best ITC show's I've heard in quite some time.

I probably have not heard Rongey in many many years but the guy was really good today. I hope they would make him permanant host w/ Levine on this.

What does Rongey do on the score? Is he a producer still or does he have his own show? He reminded me a bit the old score when they use to just talk sports.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:00 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He was never a producer.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:49 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
HawaiiYou wrote:
I listened to today's show on podcast and Chris Rongey was in there for Haugh.

It was a fabulous show. one of the best ITC show's I've heard in quite some time.

I probably have not heard Rongey in many many years but the guy was really good today. I hope they would make him permanant host w/ Levine on this.

What does Rongey do on the score? Is he a producer still or does he have his own show? He reminded me a bit the old score when they use to just talk sports.

He is currently unemployed after he got laid off in St. Louis.

He was never a producer at the Score - update guy in the winter, White Sox pre/post when they were at 670. Occasional guest co-host, like the last couple of weekends.

Rongey is like Rosenbloom, good enough for an hour or two a week, preferably on weekends. His thoughts on sports tend to be very generic, although sometimes he can be amusing.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:20 am 

he reminds of when i was 14 and noticed how some of my friends dramatically changed their behavior whenever girls were around.

he must have learned that teasing girls gets him skirt. he tries that incessantly with leila. his voice changes. he starts to tease them. he probably creams his pants when they get defensive from his teasing.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
he reminds of when i was 14 and noticed how some of my friends dramatically changed their behavior whenever girls were around.

he must have learned that teasing girls gets him skirt. he tries that incessantly with leila. his voice changes. he starts to tease them. he probably creams his pants when they get defensive from his teasing.

yeah, speigs definitely has that tone and delivery where he is trying to coax a woman into making a bad decision

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:01 am 

that was my take on chris rongey. he's been on the air with leila a few times.

if speigal was my wife's uber driver, i'd sleep well. if it was rongey, i'd have her take a taxi.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:39 am 

i like spiegel, but today's "baseball has passed tony by, how about 70 y/o ron washington as sox manager?" i know that bernstein approves that, but, c'mon. players are more thoughtful today and want to express their feelings and need a manager to relate to that? what?? i'm sure buck showalter listens to la tremenda and converses with lindor in puerto rican spanish.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: What??
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
i like spiegel, but today's "baseball has passed tony by, how about 70 y/o ron washington as sox manager?" i know that bernstein approves that, but, c'mon. players are more thoughtful today and want to express their feelings and need a manager to relate to that? what?? i'm sure buck showalter listens to la tremenda and converses with lindor in puerto rican spanish.

The bottom line is LaRussa can't manage. It's silly to DRUMPF! him, agreed. It was always silly.

Ron Washington? Didn't he blow a World Series? To Dave Duncan's Cardinals?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Yeah, today was a rough listen, between that stuff and hearing him say the Cubs have "turned a corner." My ass...they suck and will suck in 2023. The only saving grace is their heinous division.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jaw Breaker wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Yeah, today was a rough listen, between that stuff and hearing him say the Cubs have "turned a corner." My ass...they suck and will suck in 2023. The only saving grace is their heinous division.

Are there even five legit MLB quality players on the Cubs? And they have what two minor league players ready for the MLB?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:35 pm 

denisdman wrote:

Are there even five legit MLB quality players on the Cubs?

Nope. Assuming Contreras is gone, they have two serviceable players: Happ and Hoerner. And those two are not setting the world on fire. Suzuki and Stroman are big disappointments, especially considering the money they were given. Thompson and Steele are 4 and 5 starters. The Cubs have ZERO superstars, ZERO stars, and a handful of mediocre. Where are the players who are going to have a 1.000 OPS? .900? .800? Pete Crow-Armstrong? It's a fucking joke. And yet Spiegel wants to put a positive spin on the situation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:44 pm 

Happ
Hoerner
Morel
Suzuki

Those guys are legit MLB players.

I think McKinstry could be a utility guy on a MLB roster.

Steele
Thompson

These are MLB pitchers.

But no doubt it does not look pretty right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:02 pm 

Morel is a strange case. He seemed to be completely unheralded and unknown prior to making his debut this year. Then he appeared and played great immediately, with fans like me thinking he was going to be the CF for the next 10 years. Next thing you know, his production dropped like a rock and Ross buried him in the 9 hole.

I hope he can adjust to the pitchers' adjustments because he seems like a great guy, but it's looking like he could be a flash in the pan.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:52 pm 

Sounded like he was over medicated talking jibberish. Spiegel praised Cubs guys then says they'll be gone next year because they're not good enough in the same breath. Then, "showcasing Wick to move him", "Wisdom is solid at both infield corners". Wants Nico Hoerner ('19-'21 87 ops+) signed to an 8-12 year contract. Loves the '22 pitching staff (24th era. 25th whip, 6th IL) for next year. Thinks this 18 <.500 team only needs a couple additions to be a wild card contender (Milw. 8 >.500).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:02 am 

if you didn't know the synergistic partnership with the cubs impacts on air talent opinions, you either haven't been listening or you are danny parkins

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:48 am 

got some stan from bellwood on spiegel's show today. apparently, stan called earlier in the 9am hour and couldn't talk about bellinger. i hope spiegel didn't embarrass stan by letting the audience know that he had been calling the score all morning. allowing the world to know you live in bellwood, tells me that nothing embarrasses you.

stan told us that bob nightengale is based in arizona and how he can have opinion on the sox.

stan then told us he hasn't watched a sox game in 2 weeks and then told us what was wrong with the white sox. it's TLR and rick hahn.

matt then told stan he can tell us about bellinger, but stan only talked about mookie betts and how he should be the shoo-in for NL MVP. stan said he isn't concerned that freeman, acuna or bellinger will siphon off mookie votes. he must remember the great 1983 MVP race where epton nearly snatched it from washington.

i don't mind this stuff. better than spiegel trying to make steele vs. felix fermin into koufax vs. mays.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:57 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Sounded like he was over medicated talking jibberish. Spiegel praised Cubs guys then says "Wisdom is solid at both infield corners".

told us this morning that wisdom has struggled defensively at 1b. struggles defensively at 3rd base. struggling to hit above .200. very favorable contract. if i was the GM, see you later.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:11 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
he must remember the great 1983 MVP race where epton nearly snatched it from washington.

If only Regular Reader were around to tell us about the old mayoral race.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:19 am 

bruce L got called out for his ass-kissing by the 1st caller of the day. asked bruce why he says getz 'thrived' in his job function. bruce's argument that if getz is hired as new GM, theo and brain cashman had to start 'somewhere' too. flimsy argument.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:35 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
bruce L got called out for his ass-kissing by the 1st caller of the day. asked bruce why he says getz 'thrived' in his job function. bruce's argument that if getz is hired as new GM, theo and brain cashman had to start 'somewhere' too. flimsy argument.

Levine said Getz flourished in all aspects of his job even talent evaluation then claiming any mistakes were the scouts fault not Getz.The callers played up "I'm a big fan of you Bruce" to get on the air then unloaded on Levine's stupid comments. Levine has struggled playing what can I say what can't I say Score game that he's ill equipped to play.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:18 pm 

All the rebuild guys were in the minors getting developed by Chris Getz. They ALL have a terrible baseball IQ, including the most successful one, Robert.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:43 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Levine said Getz flourished in all aspects of his job even talent evaluation then claiming any mistakes were the scouts fault not Getz.The callers played up "I'm a big fan of you Bruce" to get on the air then unloaded on Levine's stupid comments. Levine has struggled playing what can I say what can't I say Score game that he's ill equipped to play.

I'm going to give Bruce a pass for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:52 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I'm going to give Bruce a pass for a while.

If losing a daughter won't change your bootlicking ways, what will?

Name one multiple all star. Robert may possibly be, but with all that skill, he still plays like a knucklehead, oblivious to the intricacies of the game. Nothing personal against him, he's just part of the 75% of young players who think swinging, catching, and throwing is all there is. It's freshman baseball out there in MLB. The clips out there are enormous of guys not hustling or being knuckleheads. The Yankees are getting STEAMROLLED for their minor league sabremetric priorities. It sounds like their entire program is based on exit velocity and that Ks are perfectly acceptable.

Swing hard in case you hit it. That's quite the philosophy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:48 am 

bruce levine emphatically telling us that pete alonso to the cubs is "more than a rumor". 2 minutes later tells cub fans with some anxiety in his voice; "will the cubs have enough money to resign bellinger and stroman"?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:29 pm 

Cubs have to figure out Marquee before they can have Dodger or Yankee money.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:16 pm 

we'll see...mets new gm said he 'has no plans' to trade alonso. the polar bear was upset that showalter left the club.

can only see this if the cubs are willing to give the mets a lot of the stock from the unproven minors - i would think canario and brown, for starters. cubs want bellinger and alonso? they can certainly afford it. does ricketts want to pay it? mets' fans still angry about baez trade with the cubs.

i believe the wrong route is letting bellinger walk, trading talent for alonso, only to see alonso walk after next year. that route is right there.

both on the roster or go back to reporting about taillon's sweeper.