It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:19 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Fuck WGN's Developing Stories and Breaking News.

I'm sick of the way WGN reports their news.

Every single piece of news is prefaced by the screen showing either "Breaking News" or "Developing Story", accompanied by a quick version of the theme music. The whole fucking entire hour, at least the first 50 minutes. Then the last 10 minutes is more normal where they run thru a bunch of smaller news without the developing Story bullshit.

God it just pisses me off every time.

WHy not just state the news without any liner or music, have the little picture in the corner of the screen with the reporter discussing it and that's it.

What's with this Developing Story bullshit?

Go to NBC 5, and u they still do it the traditional way. Just go from one news to the next with no music or liner, and the picture of the topic northeast of the newscaster's head.

I'm sick of WGN.

FUCK DEVELOPING STORIES!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:57 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:00 am 

Ever fucked WGNN's Developing Stories while taking a shit??!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Whenever the news comes on any station I turn it off. Just a bunch of nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:40 am 

I couldn't exactly tell you why, but hiring that Irish reporter bugs me. Are there not enough qualified americans for the job?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
I couldn't exactly tell you why, but hiring that Irish reporter bugs me. Are there not enough qualified americans for the job?

:lol: That's how I feel about foreign race callers. Some of these track owners think a guy with a foreign accent makes the place seem classy. As if I wasn't going to realize I was in Arlington Heights rather than at Royal Ascot. It's like going to The Curragh and having a guy who sounds like I do announcing the races.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
whistler wrote:
Fuck WGN's Developing Stories and Breaking News.

I'm sick of the way WGN reports their news.

Every single piece of news is prefaced by the screen showing either "Breaking News" or "Developing Story", accompanied by a quick version of the theme music. The whole fucking entire hour, at least the first 50 minutes. Then the last 10 minutes is more normal where they run thru a bunch of smaller news without the developing Story bullshit.

God it just pisses me off every time.

WHy not just state the news without any liner or music, have the little picture in the corner of the screen with the reporter discussing it and that's it.

What's with this Developing Story bullshit?

Go to NBC 5, and u they still do it the traditional way. Just go from one news to the next with no music or liner, and the picture of the topic northeast of the newscaster's head.

I'm sick of WGN.

FUCK DEVELOPING STORIES!!!

Beg to differ on Channel 5. They're the ambulance chasers of news. Everything on them is ""Breaking News", "Happening Now", "This just In".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:17 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Bronaugh Tumulty.

She is cute, but I want to smash the TV every time she comes on. Her accent being so thick, she murders the story she's telling.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: guardis
And fuck the "Ba Bye" at the end of the newscast. Its a disrespectful and racist comment by Micah Materre.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:

She’s good at teasers though. The other day she went to break with “coming up next: how do you leave a polish person in suspense?”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
CptnToxic wrote:
And fuck the "Ba Bye" at the end of the newscast. Its a disrespectful and racist comment by Micah Materre.

One whistler wasn't enough?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 pm 

CDOM wrote:

Beg to differ on Channel 5. They're the ambulance chasers of news. Everything on them is ""Breaking News", "Happening Now", "This just In".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 pm 

CDOM wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bronaugh Tumulty.

She is cute, but I want to smash the TV every time she comes on. Her accent being so thick, she murders the story she's telling.

I love her, she's gorgeous. Love the accent. I didn't know she was Irish, for some reason I thought she was some kind of Romanian or somethin', with that name.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:32 pm 

CptnToxic wrote:

I can't stand that either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:53 pm 

whistler wrote:
CDOM wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bronaugh Tumulty.

I love her, she's gorgeous. Love the accent. I didn't know she was Irish, for some reason I thought she was some kind of Romanian or somethin', with that name.

Yes, she is definitely cute. But I can't listen... If we have WGN news on, and it's one of her stories, I have to hit mute. I just can't take it.

https://wgntv.com/author/bronagh-tumulty/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:38 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Their broadcasts are generally bad enough, but she's easily the worst of their many bad hires.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:46 pm 

CptnToxic wrote:

How is it disrespectful and racist?

And as an aside Materre and her hot sisters grew up on the next block from my childhood home. I always heard about them, but they were damn near cloistered and I never saw any of them until the final night of the bar exam as we were getting hammered. Everyone with us laughed when she described just how strict and efficient her parents were.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Does she say it in a way that is mocking of John Mclaughlin or something?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:26 am 

CDOM wrote:
whistler wrote:
CDOM wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bronaugh Tumulty.

Yes, she is definitely cute. But I can't listen... If we have WGN news on, and it's one of her stories, I have to hit mute. I just can't take it.

She really isn't all that good looking. I could walk into any irish bar in this city and find better. She has that middle earth kind of look to her

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Their broadcasts are generally bad enough, but she's easily the worst of their many bad hires.

She may be bad but the concept of hiring her bugs me. It's not like there is some superfan type on air as a beat reporter at WMICK in Dublin who the locals find beloved because he's from the US.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
CDOM wrote:
whistler wrote:
CDOM wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bronaugh Tumulty.

She really isn't all that good looking. I could walk into any irish bar in this city and find better. She has that middle earth kind of look to her

maybe in Chicago. But in actual Ireland....there's really not much going on talent wise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:21 am 

I never made claim that she was the hottest thing since the invention of the wheel. But I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers either. Of course after I put a sock in her mouth duct taped it shut so I wouldn't have to listen to that accent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I like her.

She doesn't sound like every other idiot reporter they have.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:42 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

She may be bad but the concept of hiring her bugs me. It's not like there is some superfan type on air as a beat reporter at WMICK in Dublin who the locals find beloved because he's from the US.

That would actually be a good bit, throwing to Tawmmy O'Cawnah from Boston do the weather report for Dublin. "Lookin' awright, chief!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That would actually be a good bit, throwing to Tawmmy O'Cawnah from Boston do the weather report for Dublin. "Lookin' awright, chief!"

Open season on the Irish today apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
good dolphin wrote:
I couldn't exactly tell you why, but hiring that Irish

Could have stopped right there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:50 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I couldn't exactly tell you why, but hiring that Irish

Could have stopped right there.

Poor Crest. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:35 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'd never really seen her without a hat or hood on until today. My Lord does she have an below average face for radio and a voice for newspapers.