It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Just noticed that Marquee is currently showing tennis.

Fucking tennis ATP from Miami, live.

Nothing to do with the Cubs. Nothing to do with Chicago.

So is this what Marquee is? A general-ass sports programming network?

ANyway, here's where u can post shit that you see on Marquee that is NOT related to the Cubs at all.

A place to tell us what kind of bullshit programming u stumbled upon.

"Bullshit" meaning "non-Cubs"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Welp, Hulu does not carry this channel anymore. I do not know who I am more pissed at- the Cubs or Hulu.

This is a team whose fanbase was built on a nationally accessible superstation and has steadily reduced access over the years. Now super fans like me cannot even watch the games in my hometown....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
denisdman wrote:
Welp, Hulu does not carry this channel anymore. I do not know who I am more pissed at- the Cubs or Hulu.

This is a team whose fanbase was built on a nationally accessible superstation and has steadily reduced access over the years. Now super fans like me cannot even watch the games in my hometown....

You're going to have to pirate. Fuck them, they earned it on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm 

denisdman wrote:

wait, the Cubs were actually on Hulu?

And what the fuck is Welp?

Never even heard of it.

What the fuck is Ricketts doin?

They should leave shit alone. WGN and Comcast Sportsnet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:26 pm 

whistler wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Never even heard of it.

Welp, ur a dumbass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:36 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
whistler wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Never even heard of it.

Welp, ur a dumbass

"What the fuck is Welp" is gold.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nardi wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I already buy the radio package so I can listen all the time. And since I will be in WI the majority of the summer, the tv MLb package would work since I am out of market.

My only local choices are Comcast and AT&T stream or going back to satellite. I enjoy Hulu.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:41 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I already buy the radio package so I can listen all the time. And since I will be in WI the majority of the summer, the tv MLb package would work since I am out of market.

My only local choices are Comcast and AT&T stream or going back to satellite. I enjoy Hulu.

This is what baseball teams who have created their own network have all learned. Most baseball fans don't care enough to switch. The cable providers know it too so they have all the leverage. Too many day games. Too many games. A 50-50 chance the team won't be worth watching anyways.

The sad thing for the Cubs is that everyone knew this and they still went all in on the network. They should have put half the games on ABC and kept the other half on a cable network.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
they should re-air White Sox games this year

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:45 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Wow, I just looked up what platforms carry Marquee. Like none. No youtube, sling, or hulu. I would assume some collusion here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Will be interesting to see how this plays out long term. The team specific networks allow you to milk a few more bucks out of your established fans who have already connected to the team, but by limiting your availability to only select platforms limit your exposure to casual or younger fans, thereby greatly curtailing your future audience? Can see baseball slowly dying already, especially amongst younger people. Used to play sandlot games with the neighborhood goofs all the time back in the day, but now unless its an organized league, the baseball fields in the parks are always pretty much empty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
they had the game on MLB network last night and i thought i heard jd but his voice sounded different, More high pitched than last year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I’ll never pay for that Marquee/Sinclair bullshit. Overall, the whole RSN model is not working like in the past. Unless you are sports fan, people are realizing that a modest streaming package or simply an antenna and Netflix is enough.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:06 pm 

Showing college football IL State vs MO State right now. There is no crowd noise. Feels like an amateur high-school broadcast. One broadcaster, no analyst.

Incidentally, NBC SPORTSNET is also showin' an outta market college football game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I've subscribed to the MLB.TV package for several years
When I was working full time it was great to have on at the hotel, or to put on a 9pm west coast game for falling asleep. The last three seasons, I've been able to get the Cubs and White Sox as I am out of market, except for games against Baltimore or Washington.

But between a looming work stoppage, teams continuing to have their TV crews remote for many road games and the likelihood of a Sciambi/Dempster/Sutcliffe booth becoming permanent, I'm going to turn off the automatic renewal this winter. I will put $70 of that subscription money (about $140/yr) into a year of ESPN+ so I can follow the Blackhawks, and I get the radio MLB feeds through my SiriusXM subscription.

If I really miss it by July 4, MLB usually runs a half-season special.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:38 pm 

Bagels wrote:
they should re-air White Sox games this year

:D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I've subscribed to the MLB.TV package for several years
When I was working full time it was great to have on at the hotel, or to put on a 9pm west coast game for falling asleep. The last three seasons, I've been able to get the Cubs and White Sox as I am out of market, except for games against Baltimore or Washington.

But between a looming work stoppage, teams continuing to have their TV crews remote for many road games and the likelihood of a Sciambi/Dempster/Sutcliffe booth becoming permanent, I'm going to turn off the automatic renewal this winter. I will put $70 of that subscription money (about $140/yr) into a year of ESPN+ so I can follow the Blackhawks, and I get the radio MLB feeds through my SiriusXM subscription.

If I really miss it by July 4, MLB usually runs a half-season special.

The ESPN+ feed for Hawks games is much better than NHL.TV. I had lots of buffering issues when casting from an iPad to TV but had zero issues with doing that with +. So far, so good…

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:49 pm 

College Basketball on tonight.

MVC: Valpo vs IL State

then after that, it's GA Tech @ Miami

Marquee bullshit (non-Cub) programming

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
im still shocked they didnt put in a production plan for just a shit ton of documentaries about past Cubs teams, or even Wrigley Field. Could play that shit on a loop and itd be more interesting than what they show now in the offseason. Jesus, I have a box set of "Great Games" they can borrow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
im still shocked they didnt put in a production plan for just a shit ton of documentaries about past Cubs teams, or even Wrigley Field. Could play that shit on a loop and itd be more interesting than what they show now in the offseason. Jesus, I have a box set of "Great Games" they can borrow

they sound like a bunch of cheapskates. don't want to produce any kind of cubs-centric material. All that promise and pretty much nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Remember, "biblical losses."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:50 am 

Lombardi Line, on now!

9-11am on Saturdays.

Pretty cool show.

Up to date discussions on betting lines across ALL sports.

Up to date too, as of last night's NBA, NHL, horseracing, etc.

Michael Lombardi himself on the show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:43 am 

whistler wrote:
Lombardi Line, on now!

9-11am on Saturdays.

Pretty cool show.

Up to date discussions on betting lines across ALL sports.

Up to date too, as of last night's NBA, NHL, horseracing, etc.

Michael Lombardi himself on the show.

It's not a horrible watch on football weekends.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:21 am 

denisdman wrote:

I have Youtube TV and havn't watched a game for two years. Have not missed sitting on my couch watching bad baseball. Sad, but true. NFL is my only go to sport anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:27 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Will be interesting to see how this plays out long term. The team specific networks allow you to milk a few more bucks out of your established fans who have already connected to the team, but by limiting your availability to only select platforms limit your exposure to casual or younger fans, thereby greatly curtailing your future audience? Can see baseball slowly dying already, especially amongst younger people. Used to play sandlot games with the neighborhood goofs all the time back in the day, but now unless its an organized league, the baseball fields in the parks are always pretty much empty.

I have a field across the street from my house and maybe 3-5 times a year you see kids hitting a ball around. Same kids play basketball every week. Rain or snow, they still outside dribbling and shooting. Hit my house a few times playing football in their backyard. Sadly, baseball is dying and will die out when Generation X dies out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:45 am 

Fielding grounders, popups, and hitting ropes is every bit as fun as going one on one on the court. That should have never changed, but it did.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Wow this is bullshit.

Twice in recent weeks Chicago's regional sports networks have shown they cannot be trusted.

In both cases editorial standards were compromised in ways that shortchanged viewers and raised suspicions. In the end, they came off as kowtowing to teams whose owners have substantial equity interests in the networks.

On Thursday NBC Sports Chicago edited out a key sequence in the evening replay of that day's Chicago White Sox game -- one that included Tony LaRussa's controversial decision ordering an intentional walk to a Los Angeles Dodgers batter. It resulted in the next batter hitting a three-run home run, effectively burying the White Sox and costing them the game.

But in place of the most consequential minutes of the game, NBC Sports Chicago simply skipped over it and posted a graphic that read: "Due to the length of this program we now move ahead in the action."

The network later attributed the lapse to an "error in judgment" in the process of editing the rebroadcast for "time constraints."

Chicago Bulls and White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf owns a 50 percent majority interest in NBC Sports Chicago.

On May 22 Marquee Sports Network excised a segment from "The Reporters," a weekly sports roundtable, that included criticism of Chicago Cubs baseball operations president Jed Hoyer. During the taping, a producer ordered the panel to record the segment again -- leaving out the critique of Hoyer in the retake.

In response to the ensuring uproar, Marquee Sports Network released a statement acknowledging that "a judgment was made on the fly that in retrospect was overly sensitive." It sought to restore confidence by moving the show to a live, unedited format.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I just read that myself and agree 100%. Show everything or show nothing. Totally unacceptable and unprofessional.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

Twice in recent weeks Chicago's regional sports networks have shown they cannot be trusted.

In both cases editorial standards were compromised in ways that shortchanged viewers and raised suspicions. In the end, they came off as kowtowing to teams whose owners have substantial equity interests in the networks.

On Thursday NBC Sports Chicago edited out a key sequence in the evening replay of that day's Chicago White Sox game -- one that included Tony LaRussa's controversial decision ordering an intentional walk to a Los Angeles Dodgers batter. It resulted in the next batter hitting a three-run home run, effectively burying the White Sox and costing them the game.

But in place of the most consequential minutes of the game, NBC Sports Chicago simply skipped over it and posted a graphic that read: "Due to the length of this program we now move ahead in the action."

The network later attributed the lapse to an "error in judgment" in the process of editing the rebroadcast for "time constraints."

Chicago Bulls and White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf owns a 50 percent majority interest in NBC Sports Chicago.

On May 22 Marquee Sports Network excised a segment from "The Reporters," a weekly sports roundtable, that included criticism of Chicago Cubs baseball operations president Jed Hoyer. During the taping, a producer ordered the panel to record the segment again -- leaving out the critique of Hoyer in the retake.

In response to the ensuring uproar, Marquee Sports Network released a statement acknowledging that "a judgment was made on the fly that in retrospect was overly sensitive." It sought to restore confidence by moving the show to a live, unedited format.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice jab! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:08 am 

Right now they are showing a 3 hour Umphrey McGee concert from the Vic Theater last night.

How bout that, theyre showin' fuckin concerts now.