It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Some of the Score guys helped Parkins move to the burbs. Pretty funny stories about the endeavour. They've alienated so many listeners with their sjw liberal views, only a fringe wants to hear. This is an example of they could be very listenable if they stuck to sports, bits, or life experiences like this. The segment was very Silvey & Waddle like.

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/podc ... -376093973

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Hates Parkins. Seeks out and listens to his podcast.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Very little of their daily show involves SJW topics.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
What does with help mean? Give me the cleland notes.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Spaulding wrote:
What does with help mean? Give me the cleland notes.

Parkins is a useless man.
He needs help assembling furniture.
Begs friends to do it.
They come to help.
Dope doesn't even own basic tools.
His friends do a bunch of work including unnecessary lifting.
He thanks his friends by buying them cheese sticks and his own favorite pizza.
Resumes life as a useless jerk with assembled furniture.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:00 pm 

How does he get away with it?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:02 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

I dont know. Probably because they aren't really his friends. He probably has influence at their place of employment and they felt indentured.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:05 pm 

It’s not hard to come up with an I have this to do excuse though. He doesn’t seem like a good guy.

And how old is he? At some point you should stop buying furniture that has to be assembled especially if you are him. Sounds douchey.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
It’s not hard to come up with an I have this to do excuse though. He doesn’t seem like a good guy.

And how old is he? At some point you should stop buying furniture that has to be assembled especially if you are him. Sounds douchey.

It was furniture for his sons room. Some assembly required.
Is he going to have his "friends" from work come over on Christmas morning or the kids birthday to assemble the gifts he got his son?
Parkins is a total douche. I used to feel bad for him because of the treatment Speigs gave him. Now I know Parmins is just kind of a jerk.

Doesn't he have other friends besides the guys who work on his show to come over uncompensated to work on his house?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Paying friends that help you move in pizza and beer is the dumbest, most insulting "exchange" out there. Why did this become the traditional payment to friends that help you move? No, I'm not doing backbreaking labor that typically costs hundreds per hour for fucking pizza and beer. Hire your own damn movers and I'll get you a housewarming gift.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I dont know. Probably because they aren't really his friends. He probably has influence at their place of employment and they felt indentured.

It sounded like friends busting his balls after helping him move. Not sure there was more to it than that.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:39 pm 

I thought Parkins came across less arrogant in this segment. They're pretty good friends and seemed happy to help their buddy. He does have a very bad back. That would be a pretty good topic for future segments, "Parkin's endeavours of keeping up the house." The helpers were mesmerized how unhandy Parkins is. Spiegel didn't get an invite. Apparently he's equally unhandy. Good radio today.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:44 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Is he going to have his "friends" from work come over on Christmas morning or the kids birthday to assemble the gifts he got his son?
Parkins is a total douche. I used to feel bad for him because of the treatment Speigs gave him. Now I know Parmins is just kind of a jerk.

Doesn't he have other friends besides the guys who work on his show to come over uncompensated to work on his house?

Christmas assembly is both great and sucks. So funny. Good times but some work. And sometimes your kids don’t give a shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
I thought Parkins came across less arrogant in this segment. They're pretty good friends and seemed happy to help their buddy. He does have a very bad back. That would be a pretty good topic for future segments, "Parkin's endeavours of keeping up the house." The helpers were mesmerized how unhandy Parkins is. Spiegel didn't get an invite. Apparently he's equally unhandy. Good radio today.

My one criticism of Dan McNeil is what the fuck were you thinking with your partners?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 pm 

Sounds like every thing mostly was new right from the store. Got the dough. That's the way to do it. A fresh start.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I heard the segment. I was thinking the same thing. You ask your co workers to come over to help you? Really? No family or long time friends to ask?

Shane makes sense. He's single. Tani has a family. So that was really nice of him to do it. I would have said "no" if a co worker asked me to do this shit. I've helped my sisters move. That's it. I wouldn't do it for anybody else. Nor would I ever ask anybody but family to help me move.

The pathetic thing about this segment was Parkins letting them carry all of the shit without helping them. I get that he doesn't know how to assemble shit. But he didn't even help them carry his own shit. That's horrible.

The most pathetic thing was his wife having to tell him... "Stop watching the Cubs game while your friend are working on your house in the other room."

Even if he doesn't know how to do shit he can be there for assistants. They him tell him what to do to make things go faster and get things done quicker.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Your name is on the afternoon show in the 3rd largest market in the country and your too cheap to pay for movers? He is a CHEAP douche with ZERO friends.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:25 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Danny Parkins was created in a lab to combine the best of Dan McNeil and Dan Bernstein but someone pressed the wrong button and they combined the worst instead.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:46 am 

After thinking about it the very heavy lifting is a concern. But, the helpers did say the weightiness wasn't as bad as they thought. Though they did have to stop with the dresser midway up the stairs.

I'm thinking hire a professional to bring the stuff from the garage to their destination room. That way the helpers dont risk a back thing. Now, have the helpers put everything together. Which they seem proud of their abilities.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Parkins makes it into a bit. While Bernstein would have hired some guys through the Dolly app and then turned into a commercial for Dolly similar to Aloha Restoration.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Derplington wrote:
Paying friends that help you move in pizza and beer is the dumbest, most insulting "exchange" out there. Why did this become the traditional payment to friends that help you move? No, I'm not doing backbreaking labor that typically costs hundreds per hour for fucking pizza and beer. Hire your own damn movers and I'll get you a housewarming gift.

You sound like a jag with no friends, but honestly, if you are talking about men over forty, I'm right there with ya, ya attractive lady

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
thomas wrote:
Derplington wrote:

You sound like a jag with no friends, but honestly, if you are talking about men over forty, I'm right there with ya, ya attractive lady

In your 20's it's an excuse to drink beer with your buddies. In your 30's it's marginal at best to not hire movers. Especially someone who can afford it.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Franky T wrote:
thomas wrote:
Derplington wrote:

In your 20's it's an excuse to drink beer with your buddies. In your 30's it's marginal at best to not hire movers. Especially someone who can afford it.

I imagine August is exactly right that he did this entirely for show content, not because he was cheaping out on movers.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am 

I like Parkins and I think you guys are overly harsh on him. Sure he is a pampered suburbanite but he is not an elitist or mean spirited like other pampered suburbanite hosts at the station. I think he even realizes he has been pampered.

I do have to say, if I were Mitch, I'd be firing off a memo to him and his employment file. A superior can't ask subordinates to help with manual labor on the side. The implication is too strong even if it is innocent in practice and it exposes the company.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Parkins is not Tanney and Shane's boss. Tanney was happy to get out of the house. Shane did it because he's a good guy.

They built a dresser and some kid furniture that they had "moved" from the garage to the house.

Last edited by doug - evergreen park on Wed May 12, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i think he's been fully brain-washed into today's sjw narrative.

i remember him scolding his own stockbroker and financial 'friends' after a trip to mexico or the carib. he told us he told them they were born into privilege and should be ashamed of the money they make.

i will listen to bernstein - 3-5 times a week, i won't listen to this guy.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:14 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
i think he's been fully brain-washed into today's sjw narrative.

i remember him scolding his own stockbroker and financial 'friends' after a trip to mexico or the carib. he told us he told them they were born into privilege and should be ashamed of the money they make.

i will listen to bernstein - 3-5 times a week, i won't listen to this guy.

You hang on to his every word and you love that you hate it you dirty little piggy.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
dirty piggy? you call me a dirty piggy when another poster said your wife's snatch looks like al's beef?

i listen to bernstein because i do get some wisdom; along with his predictable hypocrisy and tribalism - that i love to point out. i listen as i read the news, or, post here or watch football videos from europe.

because i pointed out dan's hypocrisy vis-a-vis israel and everyone else/judaism and every other religion - you want to fly the anti-semite banner. be my guest, maybe you think every thread is like the 'i can't breathe' thread - where you backslap yourself to the point of shoulder separation.

you got schooled on biden/refugee numbers and i called you no name(s).

go get an al's beef and have a party in the george floyd thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
One of my all time favorites.

312player wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
This "lady" probably has the Guinness world record for longest and thickest clit in history.

Continually posts the worst thoughts on this board, Id bet your wife's snatch looks like an open face beef from Al's you cuckold.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dirty piggy? you call me a dirty piggy when another poster said your wife's snatch looks like al's beef?

i listen to bernstein because i do get some wisdom; along with his predictable hypocrisy and tribalism - that i love to point out. i listen as i read the news, or, post here or watch football videos from europe.

because i pointed out dan's hypocrisy vis-a-vis israel and everyone else/judaism and every other religion - you want to fly the anti-semite banner. be my guest, maybe you think every thread is like the 'i can't breathe' thread - where you backslap yourself to the point of shoulder separation.

you got schooled on biden/refugee numbers and i called you no name(s).

go get an al's beef and have a party in the george floyd thread.

I think you have me confused for someone else.