It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Levine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Levine is useless. Apparently Josh Harrison is going to get the Heyward treatment, ignoring the production and going on about the love he shows his teammates.

In discussing Seiya Suzuki this morning, Bruce claimed there were only two superstar hitters who came out of Japan: Hideki Matsui and Ichiro. I guess he doesn’t consider Ohtani a hitter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bruce Levine's comments were priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Levine is useless. Apparently Josh Harrison is going to get the Heyward treatment, ignoring the production and going on about the love he shows his teammates.

In discussing Seiya Suzuki this morning, Bruce claimed there were only two superstar hitters who came out of Japan: Hideki Matsui and Ichiro. I guess he doesn’t consider Ohtani a hitter.

since he's gotten his own show and more exposure since moving to the score, i'd have to say that i've wasted hours of weekend am listening - when i do pay attention to the background baseball talk. it's clear his M.O. is kissing ass, making excuses, conjuring up positives to erase negatives and he's terrified of giving his own personal opinion(s) on individual players.

what happened between him and rizzo fit like hand in glove. remember bruce, when i go 2-22, bring up my aching back.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:59 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

what happened between him and rizzo fit like hand in glove. remember bruce, when i go 2-22, bring up my aching back.

That reminds me…the other day Spiegel talked about the shitty way Rizzo treated the clubhouse attendants, such as throwing the towels at them, with Spiegel saying “he couldn’t talk about it before.” Why not?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:07 am 

the one thing i noticed about rizzo since he joined the yankees is the amount of weight he lost around his belly. he was the big fat kid down the block with the loud-mouth that terrorized the neighborhood kids playing whiffle ball. wow, he can hit a whiffle ball 110 feet.

he looks in much, much better game shape with the yankees than with the cubs. that has to help his back and easier on his knees.

yankee nation would call him fatso if he failed, rizzo knew that bruce would always massage his scrotum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:13 am 

Levine praised journeyman player now Cubs coach Willie Harris for his "perseverance" as a player. He raked in a measly $500k+ a year while securing a pension and benefits being a "great guy" bench warmer living in luxury while a MLB player.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

That reminds me…the other day Spiegel talked about the shitty way Rizzo treated the clubhouse attendants, such as throwing the towels at them, with Spiegel saying “he couldn’t talk about it before.” Why not?

Spiegel will kiss your ass until you're no longer helpful to him, then he will stab you in the back.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:32 am 

None of these cowardly pricks stood up for Mac.
Not even one Mac is a "great guy".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

since he's gotten his own show and more exposure since moving to the score, i'd have to say that i've wasted hours of weekend am listening - when i do pay attention to the background baseball talk. it's clear his M.O. is kissing ass, making excuses, conjuring up positives to erase negatives and he's terrified of giving his own personal opinion(s) on individual players.

he has his own show?

Hard to believe anyone listens to the Score.

On the ocassion I turn it on I just cant stomach it.

So vanilla.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I love the old time beat guys (Levine, Hub, and Biggs). It's probably the only thing I enjoy listening to on the score. They give you all you need to know and then you can turn off the station.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:13 am 

Levine is pure comedy gold. The debate champion, and trust fund hosts are smoother spewing Score Cubs mandated opinions. Levine when pressed is so ill equipped to think on his feet he goes into full panic mode praising only certain Cubs & Sox players on outstanding personal character traits. He'll go after unnamed made-up players for their inferior personal character next to these baseball gods he so admires, not having a thimble full of his heros qualities.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:18 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Remember, Parkins assured us that there was neither station censoring nor self censoring of on air content due to partnerships with teams...despite his former co workers saying the exact opposite.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:43 am 

Patrick Wisdom on with Levine. They actually talked about his hitting deficiencies, and what he needs to work on. Talked about playing CF. Said he was comfortable out there. That was it. No praise for his sacrifice going to CF. Wisdom sounded like shagging balls there in the past he was pretty much set to go. No big deal. Zero praise for Wisdom being a great guy or his work with charities. Wisdom gave direct answers didn't dodge anything. No talking in circles.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
vitoscotti wrote:
Patrick Wisdom on with Levine. They actually talked about his hitting deficiencies, and what he needs to work on. Talked about playing CF. Said he was comfortable out there. That was it. No praise for his sacrifice going to CF. Wisdom sounded like shagging balls there in the past he was pretty much set to go. No big deal. Zero praise for Wisdom being a great guy or his work with charities. Wisdom gave direct answers didn't dodge anything. No talking in circles.

Did Levine ask Wisdom how the leadership and tutoring by Heyward gave Wisdom the confidence to play CF?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Remember, Parkins assured us that there was neither station censoring nor self censoring of on air content due to partnerships with teams...despite his former co workers saying the exact opposite.

Who ya crapping dolphin. I remember Piersall getting fired by the Score 5 minutes after they got the rights to broadcast Sox games.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Who ya crapping dolphin. I remember Piersall getting fired by the Score 5 minutes after they got the rights to broadcast Sox games.

Reinsdorf and Piersall shared a personal animus though.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Seacrest wrote:
whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Reinsdorf and Piersall shared a personal animus though.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Thanks for making my point. The Score basically bent over and fired Piersall as part of getting the Sox radio rights.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:57 am 

No, thanks for making MY point.

I didn't attach it to a team.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:42 pm 

Terrific Bruce Levine on M & H. Says Tim Anderson's latest injury is due to the short spring training. BL fails to mention TA only appeared in 123 games in the last 2 full seasons (2019, 2021). And fails to mention that in his Sox career he's missed near 60 games on the IL, and personal reasons.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
vitoscotti wrote:
Terrific Bruce Levine on M & H. Says Tim Anderson's latest injury is due to the short spring training. BL fails to mention TA only appeared in 123 games in the last 2 full seasons (2019, 2021). And fails to mention that in his Sox career he's missed near 60 games on the IL, and personal reasons.

How dare you accuse Timmy of being injury-prone?

RACIST

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
vitoscotti wrote:

Apparently he also also failed to mention that these guys could have used some of their tens of millions and trained before the shortened spring training.

That excuse is so fucking pathetic.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:37 pm 

Darkside wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Apparently he also also failed to mention that these guys could have used some of their tens of millions and trained before the shortened spring training.

That excuse is so fucking pathetic.

yeah it is really pathetic.

I could maybe see saying pitchers are going to experience more injuries due to shortened spring, but that is a big maybe. Guys are so weak right now. They make more money and have more luxuries than any players ever, yet they are so entitled and mentally weak that they cannot push thru anything.

And it trickles down so quickly. Before long high school kids will be sitting out games due to hang nails.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:07 pm 

Levine's visits on M & H are pure gold. He said managers get blamed for losses. But, when's the last time you heard one get credit for wins? Grote (filling in) shows some balls and brings up Joe Maddon. And Grote was condescending to Levine in his reply.

Coomer on actually said JHK's hitting has been a disappointment "had shortcomings with the bat in his hand". Of course, fearful Coomer brought up the obligatory that he's a great teammate and the world Series speech. I don't ever remember a Cubs radio or tv guy ever being critical of JHK hitting productivity before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:59 pm 

"That (Guaranteed Rate) ballpark probably is in the the wrong area of town right now".
- Bruce Levine 12/9/23 ITC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Bruce with some Asian hate.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:40 pm 

i can't believe he didn't offer a cigarette to leyland yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:55 am 

bruce and especially haugh, upset that nico hoener was rated the 10th best 2nd baseman by mlb network.

no surprise to me. i don't believe nico is 10th, but he isn't top 5. i do believe he'll have a better season (power) and solidify himself as a top 5. otherwise, save the slobbering for other ass-kissing endeavors.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:26 pm 

Bruce Levine had a classic stretch this morning with rediculous opinions. Saying "McCaskey dislike is more a media thing than a fan thing". Then minimizing Michael Jordan's impact on the building of the United Center. Later, propping up the Jerry Reinsdorf legacy. That the new Sox stadium is being done for Sox fans and the city of Chicago equally with financial gain. BL rarely disappoints.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:26 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Bruce Levine had a classic stretch this morning with rediculous opinions. Saying "McCaskey dislike is more a media thing than a fan thing". Then minimizing Michael Jordan's impact on the building of the United Center. Later, propping up the Jerry Reinsdorf legacy. That the new Sox stadium is being done for Sox fans and the city of Chicago equally with financial gain. BL rarely disappoints.

Wow, Bruce struck out on all three of those opinions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:35 pm 

Weasel Levine did a 180 today now saying Heyward was a mistake after all the years of Cubs shilling praising him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next