It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Levine
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
good dolphin wrote:
It's remarkable that a guy with a speech impediment would have lasted this long in an industry reliant on the spoken word.

Christ!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

truly perfect!!! :lol:

good dolphin wrote:
Bruce is ok at providing some information. You will never receive an honest analysis of that information. He is particularly non objective when reporting on the Cubs and MISTER Reindsdorf.

He is the baseball version of Hub; despised as a brown noser by the Score and its hosts until he joined the station. Professor Flakey transitioned to SCORE BASEBALL INSIDER BRUCE LEVINE!

He isn't horrible as long as you understand the biases through which the information is being filtered.

you are a wizard. Thanks for the insight!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree with Good Dolphin

It just shocks me. Brue is way to old to be a fan boy of players after covering this shit for 100 years.

But he is. He knows some stuff. Of course. He's been doing it long enough.

But his main goal is for everybody on the Sox and Cubs to like him. And he thinks that they all consider him his friend. They don't.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Levine on with M & H yesterday said the Cubs being in position to get a high draft pick is a "slight" silver lining. Why does he think they're tanking it for?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Beardown wrote:
I agree with Good Dolphin

It just shocks me. Brue is way to old to be a fan boy of players after covering this shit for 100 years.

But he is. He knows some stuff. Of course. He's been doing it long enough.

But his main goal is for everybody on the Sox and Cubs to like him. And he thinks that they all consider him his friend. They don't.

Too bad we do not get the real stories from these guys, of course they will never do that because their careers (and in Hub's case his families careers) depend on being useful idiots that repeat team approved takes.

Used to enjoy Terry's peeps who would "tell" him that certain players were not the great guys the team portrayed them as, but were actually bad people. Remember reading years later about several Cubs players would always be out drinking and rarely were in condition to perform during day games. The McKaskey's are complete goofs, but Hub will instantly belittle any callers that dare to question management, in fact Hub's segments are almost comical sometimes.

Personally I hope that Levine and Spiegs host the Sunday morning baseball show forever because the podcast is so boring it makes for great white noise if your suffering from insomnia, kind of like the wave or rain sound sleep aids you find on Youtube, but with less energy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Bruce was carrying water for Kyle Hendricks this morning, saying Hendricks should be shut down due to fatigue. Fuck that…he’s pitched 170 innings.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Bruce was carrying water for Kyle Hendricks this morning, saying Hendricks should be shut down due to fatigue. Fuck that…he’s pitched 170 innings.

Hendricks is likely hurt. Not necessarily something major, but enough to make him a question mark next season. Shut him down, let him rehab, then decide what to do with him after the new CBA is in place.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:53 pm 

With all of Levine's faults he's listenable. That's a Score rarity.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Hendricks is likely hurt. Not necessarily something major, but enough to make him a question mark next season. Shut him down, let him rehab, then decide what to do with him after the new CBA is in place.

They should have traded him a month ago, everybody could see that was the smart move..except Hoyer.. it's maddening to watch these guys never sell high.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Beardown wrote:

yup. poor bruce had to be severely disappointed in rizzo. rubbed his scrotum for years, defended him...and got treated like that by rizzo.

bruce is very good at remembering tiny details a player tells him - particularly past and current nagging injuries. bruce uses those details to defend the player when the player slumps or fails.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

ineffective, not hurt. Not hitting spots (watch how often the target moves with the catcher) and less spin.

Wonder if he was one of the grip guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:15 pm 

Haugh & Levine today talking about Jason Heyward

Haugh- You could make the argument that signing Jason Heyward put you in the position to win the world series. Because of his defense, leadership, credibility.

Levine- Without question! Just the world series rain delay speech alone. But don't diminish the quality individual, quality teammate. The great defender of winning multiple gold gloves. That goes out there whether he's good or bad. Gives you everything he has. This is the sign of a real professional. A great individual. His foundation here in Chicago contributing you know to the west side of Chicago. And doing fantastic things here.

Regular season as a Cub
247 326 383 708 87 $237,288 a hit, $501,792 a rbi

Post season as a Cub
9 for 75 120 ba 195 obp 1 rbi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:26 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

Haugh- You could make the argument that signing Jason Heyward put you in the position to win the world series. Because of his defense, leadership, credibility.

Levine- Without question! Just the world series rain delay speech alone. But don't diminish the quality individual, quality teammate. The great defender of winning multiple gold gloves. That goes out there whether he's good or bad. Gives you everything he has. This is the sign of a real professional. A great individual. His foundation here in Chicago contributing you know to the west side of Chicago. And doing fantastic things here.

Regular season as a Cub

Post season as a Cub

Yeah, I almost puked when I heard that this morning. Just utter nonsense. I did agree with him that Todd Hundley was probably the absolute worst FA signing, and also with Haugh who chose Milton Bradley. Those two guys had some mental issues, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:17 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Regular season as a Cub

Post season as a Cub

Yeah, I almost puked when I heard that this morning. Just utter nonsense. I did agree with him that Todd Hundley was probably the absolute worst FA signing, and also with Haugh who chose Milton Bradley. Those two guys had some mental issues, though.

Levine should do stand-up. I laugh my ass off when he praises Heyward. Heyward's 2016 postseason stats (.104 .140 .167 .307) are even worse then his abysmal Cubs postseason totals. Then in 17 2016 postseason (111 full innings) games only 21 balls were hit to him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
bruce has been taking the players' side, more or less. at the moment, has a nyt baseball columnist on and the guest blamed both sides.

if anthony rizzo is listening he has to be regretting humiliating bruce. bruce has been harping on the fact that players average 4 years service and that they don't get paid during the off-season, which made me think that must increase chapter 7 filings in december and january.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:44 pm 

Wonderful Jason Heyward talk Bruce Levine visiting Ramie Makhlouf.

BL- Jason Heyward saying, "Yes I will move to center field. I will do whatever it takes. Because I believe in this front office. I believe in the Chicago Cubs.

RM- I love Jason Heyward the dude. And I appreciate the ballplayer that he's been.

BL- He's such a major dude as you put it. He's such a great team player. There are a lot of guys on teams that don't have a pinky finger of the integrity that Jason Heyward has trying to win with this team everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
vitoscotti wrote:
Wonderful Jason Heyward talk Bruce Levine visiting Ramie Makhlouf.

BL- Jason Heyward saying, "Yes I will move to center field. I will do whatever it takes. Because I believe in this front office. I believe in the Chicago Cubs.

RM- I love Jason Heyward the dude. And I appreciate the ballplayer that he's been.

BL- He's such a major dude as you put it. He's such a great team player. There are a lot of guys on teams that don't have a pinky finger of the integrity that Jason Heyward has trying to win with this team everyday.

Sounds to me like they should extend him. How can they move forward without his integrity.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:55 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
there is nobody in the media that i wanna just hold down and beat the shit out of more than fuckin Levine.

Reminds me of that Q-tip-headed douche that got gently pushed back in Buffalo and hit his head during those "peaceful" protests.

An uber-liberal old man douche that is just out of place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:18 am 

Levine must be petrified for his job since his Hillary tweet. He's such an unskilled speaker choosing his words. He wants to follow the stations mandated opinions, but struggles making his rehearsed views natural. He'll be quite interesting praising no-hit overmatched JHK in CF, and the Cubs rag-tag bunch of bums bullpen. He doesn't like talking about Cubs losing streaks and panic talks when the subject is brought up. So he'd better prepare.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:54 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Regular season as a Cub

Post season as a Cub

Not even close, hundley got a 4 year deal for 23 million..Heyward is not only the worst Cubs FA but the worst in chicago sports history.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:56 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Regular season as a Cub

Post season as a Cub

Levine should do stand-up. I laugh my ass off when he praises Heyward. Heyward's 2016 postseason stats (.104 .140 .167 .307) are even worse then his abysmal Cubs postseason totals. Then in 17 2016 postseason (111 full innings) games only 21 balls were hit to him.

Heyward rode the bench in the post season, guy contributed fuckall.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:19 am 

Bruce has to be older than Les was.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:46 am 

Les would avoid certain players evaluation. He'd just praise them quickly, change the subject, or move on.

Bruce Levine's modus operandi to avoid honesty is to spew heaps, and heaps of praise for a player that can last 5 minutes.

I'm surprised Levine isn't prank called more on Saturday's ITC. He's an easy target with his mind being preoccupied avoiding the truth.

Levine is a great comical listen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
bruce on M&H this morning was quick to remind us that Giolito should share blame for this 50k disagreement. and that 50k is a "nice raise".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:51 am 

billypootons wrote:
bruce on M&H this morning was quick to remind us that Giolito should share blame for this 50k disagreement. and that 50k is a "nice raise".

Shocking from Bruce.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
billypootons wrote:

It's hard to imagine Bruce getting worse over the years, but there you have it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:06 pm 

Yes men Levine & Haugh with (ITC) guest JHK

H- The professionalism you had to show moving to centerfield.

JHk- Seiya Suzuki said it was an honor to play with me.To play with an outfielder like myself having won five gold gloves. Having the reputation that I have as a clubhouse guy. Playing on a lot of winning teams.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:38 am 

Levine is baffling on M & H attributing the current MLB pitching injuries to the shortened spring training. Is any pitcher being forced to accelorate getting their arms in shape? Not have proper rest? Too many innings? Pitchers will be babied spring training through the first month of the season. Who's he blaming if pitchers are being abused in spring training? Pitchers drop like flies under normal circumstances. Pitchers being fragile didn't just start in '22. Does he speak up when each team uses 8 pitchers in a 2-1 game?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
That's kind of dumb. Don't most pitchers throw 12 months a year unless recovering from something like surgery as it is? They're not just sitting around jerking off from October to February.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:52 am 

That's the same guy who said Kyle Hendricks and others were out of gas and/or hurt last year because of the shortened Covid year of 2020. Can't have it both ways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
That's the same guy who said Kyle Hendricks and others were out of gas and/or hurt last year because of the shortened Covid year of 2020. Can't have it both ways.

THIS

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next