It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Carmen is the worst host to ever do radio. He's just a bimbo. Jurko adds nothing. He let's Carmen talk and waits for the 2 hours to end. Kap is a weirdo. Hood is awkward. That pairing sucks.

Silvy and Waddle are OK, I guess.

I understand why the SCORE destroys them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
1000 has been an also-ran from day one. The only time 1000 really beat the Score in earnest was when Mac, Jurko, and Harry were firing on all cylinders. The only other times that 1000 came out on top were not because they won but because the Score lost: the abysmal Mike North Morning Show sending listeners to Mike & Mike (which also may have been a side effect of MJH), and Bernstein & Goff sending listeners to Silvy & Waddle. The Score left 1000 in the dust for good when Mac went back in '09, and were it not for Dan Bernstein giving Chicago his expert analysis of the Portland Trail Blazers and Utah Jazz, it wouldn't have been close in recent memory.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I really liked Carmen and Silvy 20 years ago, they are my age and were a good Saturday morning listen when we did work and errands around the house when I was young. I will always like and want that type of pairing. You gotta get your start somewhere, I really like how silvy has progressed. I'm really happy for him in a lot of ways.

I thought MJH was the best. If something like that could come along again I'd listen. Jurko is what he is and so was harry but the three of them was something that worked even if it was contentious at times. I've posted here for 15ish years because of it and loved the time in my car or making dinner listening and laughing back then.

I will never understand or agree with Mac's choice of Speigel or Parkins. I can understand not wanting to be so challenged or stressed but...yuck. Those 2 are super disappointing in so many ways. It was like he picked a less funny, less hard working, more sensitive version of Harry both times thinking they'd pitch in and he checked out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Used to love the HFC because it was silly, confrontational, and if you listened real close, Uncle Terry would frequently give you an original sports thought. Used to do a lot of biking and running and I almost had to stop sometimes because something Dan or Terry said would crack me up.

There was also a sense of urgency, the station was trying to be different and establish itself, that all ended with the era of corporate ownership, now every host/show sounds pretty much the same.