It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
So I have a story about this guy. A family member had a series of weirdo interactions with him. These are second hand stories and not documented so im gonna hold them unless I get the blessing to tell the story from a moderator. If it's cool let me know and I'll let er rip.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Spill it brotha. Eric don't be reading this bored. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:03 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

I'll leave it to the mods. These stories aren't documented and may be false but I heard this shit back in the 90s and it's... consistent with his kind of behavior that we're hearing about now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Not sure why we continue to be "shocked" by stories about goofs using positions of power to initiate relations with attractive women, or sadly with kids. Quite a few of the docs I've worked with over the years have traded in wife number one for a woman they hired to work in their office, kind of a running joke with all women who know damn well how the game works.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Darkside wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I'll leave it to the mods. These stories aren't documented and may be false but I heard this shit back in the 90s and it's... consistent with his kind of behavior that we're hearing about now.

Bring it on. This Board is known for its awesome Rumor & Innuendo! Plus, I'm sure whatever you post is true.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Also, did Don Tiny attend high school with this goof?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Also, did Don Tiny attend high school with this goof?

He did but I thought he said he didn't know him. Eric is 10 or so years older than me so I would have been across the lawn in 2nd grade when he was there. I need to ask my cousin about him. I think she was a party girl and should know of him. He was a school newspaper guy and on the golf team so I think its safe to say he was kind of a nerd back then and probably flew completely under everyone's radar.

I had no idea this guy was from our HS until a few years ago. Mr Row the boat and don beebe were/are heavily promoted as alums but this guy never got much acknowledgement. I think they did have him grand marshall homecoming a few years ago finally.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:55 am 

I'm not sure of the exact time frame but this should be around the 1997 into 1998 years. My sister had an apartment in Des Plaines, near Holy Family right next to 294. Eric's wife, who was then his girlfriend, and while he didn't live there, he was always there.
First, he was rude as hell. He wouldn't just not hold doors for others, he'd actively close them faster then the door closer thingies do. Several times he was walking out as my sister was walking up with armfuls of groceries and he'd be walking in or out and he'd slam the door shut to lock it.
He was a laundry bandit. He'd take your wet shit out of the washer and toss it on the floor and put his shit in. We're not talking if you left it in the washer for hours but as soon as he got to it. Took shit out of the dryer too, while still time remaining on it, toss it on the floor put his shit in.
I was told when fucking with laundry he kept certain souvenirs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
One thing that is clearly true, is that he is NOT very efficient at getting people fired in a timely manner, unless she just stopped slobbering his knob in July 2021. Seventeen years is Shawshankesce.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:39 am 

Darkside wrote:
I'm not sure of the exact time frame but this should be around the 1997 into 1998 years. My sister had an apartment in Des Plaines, near Holy Family right next to 294. Eric's wife, who was then his girlfriend, and while he didn't live there, he was always there.
First, he was rude as hell. He wouldn't just not hold doors for others, he'd actively close them faster then the door closer thingies do. Several times he was walking out as my sister was walking up with armfuls of groceries and he'd be walking in or out and he'd slam the door shut to lock it.
He was a laundry bandit. He'd take your wet shit out of the washer and toss it on the floor and put his shit in. We're not talking if you left it in the washer for hours but as soon as he got to it. Took shit out of the dryer too, while still time remaining on it, toss it on the floor put his shit in.

Boy, I'm sure glad you checked with the admins before posting this bombshell. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:47 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Boy, I'm sure glad you checked with the admins before posting this bombshell. :lol:

Well, it's still somewhat redacted I suppose. So he stole panties.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Darkside wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Well, it's still somewhat redacted I suppose. So he stole panties.

I've seen this rumor posted before, but I don't think it was from you....weird. From Crick Ramp, maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

for context: Greg Solk was at Bonneville--->Hubbard before he went to CBS and fired Mary Dixon. I don't think he oversaw the Mix, though, only the Drive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:59 am 

for a guy who's appeal seems to be that he is nice guy friend who is non threatening for female listeners, you would think these stories would be problematic

I guess the ladies sided with him over Kathy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
You gotta think they’re going to have to fire him.

Melissa McGurren, former morning co-host at WTMX 101.9-FM, has become the third former employee of the station to file documents in court alleging misconduct by veteran morning host Eric Ferguson.

McGurren worked for 22 years at the Hubbard Radio hot adult-contemporary station, where she rose from traffic reporter to co-host of Ferguson’s morning show before she left in 2020. At the time she posted a video on social media saying the company’s version of events was “not accurate” and added: “The truth will come out.”

On Tuesday McGurren said as part of a filing in Cook County Circuit Court: “I contend that Eric Ferguson is a serial abuser of women and that for many years, the management of The Mix has protected Ferguson in allowing him to continue in perpetrating his misconduct that goes far beyond the limits of decency despite ample notice from me and many of my co-workers that Ferguson’s behavior is unlawful.

“For many years, Ferguson has grossly abused his power, and his conduct was the major reason the station became a hostile working environment,” she said.

McGurren’s statements were added as supporting evidence to a defamation lawsuit against Hubbard Radio Chicago filed by Cynthia DeNicolo, who worked as an associate producer on Ferguson’s show. DeNicolo’s initial lawsuit against Ferguson alleges he coerced her into an “unwelcome sexual relationship” in 2004 and engineered the elimination of her job in 2020.

McGurren initially made the claims against Ferguson in a discrimination complaint filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on December 30, 2020 — two weeks after she left The Mix — and in a demand for arbitration filed on June 24, 2021.

Ferguson and representatives of Hubbard Radio did not respond to requests for comment.

Earlier a female former sales employee of The Mix alleged in a court document that Ferguson groped her at their station’s Christmas party in 2003. Kristen Mori’s filing, which also alleged other inappropriate behavior toward women by Ferguson, was included in DeNicolo’s defamation lawsuit against Hubbard Radio Chicago.

McGurren now hosts mornings on Audacy country WUSN 99.5-FM.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Yeah this might be beyond him at this point. If the bosses actively covered this behavior up, there are going to be a shitload of people being launched.

This is the kind of thing which can just demolish a company.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
a radio station would permit it's number one star to act like a DB for the sake of ratings and ad sells? i just can't believe that would be possible

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:54 pm 

billypootons wrote:
a radio station would permit it's number one star to act like a DB for the sake of ratings and ad sells? i just can't believe that would be possible

I’m not a big fan of “ the guy was an asshole to me so he should be fired ( Thibs) nor the “ I had no choice but to suck his dick” both here and with Matt Laurer as it portrays women as powerless helpless waifs BUT as it pertains to today’s climate , they’re going to have to launch him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:03 pm 

More details of Melissa’s lawsuit . Based on this it sounds like Randy Meisner can sue the estate of Glenn Frey and the Eagles for Frey telling him to get his fucking ass out there and quit being a pussy and sing Take it to the Limit even though he didn’t want to, 40 years ago

Details of McGurren’s allegations emerged in an amended defamation lawsuit that another former WTMX employee, Cynthia DeNicolo, filed last week against the owner of the station, Hubbard Radio Chicago. DeNicolo has also separately sued Ferguson, alleging he coerced DeNicolo into sexual acts.

The amended defamation suit against Hubbard includes details of McGurren’s ongoing efforts to seek compensation through the EEOC complaint and an arbitration process. McGurren’s complaints were added to the suit as evidence that station management ignored Ferguson’s alleged behavior.
Besides allegations of a hostile work environment, defamation and infliction of emotional distress, McGurren contended she was “intentionally paid less than men in similar or comparable positions.”

Attorneys for Ferguson did not immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday. Jeff England, vice president and market manager for Hubbard Chicago, said in an emailed statement: “We swiftly investigated these claims when they first came to our attention, and we are continuing to evaluate the situation and new information as it develops.”
In her EEOC complaint, McGurren said she complained dozens of times to station program directors about Ferguson. For years, the complaint alleges, Ferguson made insulting comments about her appearance, on air and in front of co-workers, including telling her what to wear. McGurren alleged Ferguson’s comments often were gender based, such as harassing her when she used the bathroom at work or accusing her of having hot flashes “in a demeaning and condescending tone.”

The EEOC complaint states Ferguson coerced McGurren in April 2011 into wearing a bikini and getting a spray tan at work — a video of which was posted on social media. “The coercion was that if I did not do what Ferguson was commanding, I risked losing my job,” McGurren wrote. “I succumbed to his pressure, and because of the social media post, I received many unwanted sexual comments from men on social media.”
During the COVID-19 pandemic, she wrote, she worked in a space with a window separating her from Ferguson, because of her asthma and other medical issues. He so harassed her about the setup that in June 2020 she went back into the studio with him, “even though I felt very unsafe doing so,” her complaint alleges.

Her EEOC complaint also said Ferguson would “frequently and inappropriately touch many younger female employees, or sometimes younger female listeners, at company events in Chicago or abroad in Mexico during company retreats.”
McGurren said she frequently complained to management about Ferguson’s “terrible behavior.” According to a Nov. 24, 2020, email she sent to human resources included in the amended lawsuit, she wrote: “I’ve been mentally and verbally abused, harassed, put into tears, yelled at, belittled, ignored, mocked and my job has been threatened multiple times.”
The EEOC granted McGurren the right to sue, but as part of her employment agreement with Hubbard she had agreed to first try to settle disputes and claims through arbitration.
McGurren’s abrupt departure from the airwaves stunned her fans. In her only public comment at the time, McGurren said on social media “the truth will come out. I’ve always wanted to work at the Mix, and this is not how I saw things coming.” She recently landed a job as a morning show co-host at the Audacy station WUSN-FM 99.5.
When McGurren left, WTMX said in a public statement it was surprised and disappointed the former co-host of “Eric in the Morning with Melissa and Whip” declined a contract extension following more than two decades at The Mix.
In her arbitration complaint, McGurren alleged those comments were an attempt to paint her in a false light and were made “with the intent of continuing to cover-up Ferguson’s serial harassment and the station’s tacit approval” of the alleged conduct.

McGurren is the third female former employee of The Mix to come forward to say Ferguson engaged in inappropriate conduct.
Radio host Eric Ferguson and former WTMX assistant producer Cynthia Skolak, now Cynthia DeNicolo, at the station's studio in August 2004.
Radio host Eric Ferguson and former WTMX assistant producer Cynthia Skolak, now Cynthia DeNicolo, at the station's studio in August 2004. (Michael Walker/for the Chicago Tribune)
DeNicolo, a former assistant producer of “Eric in the Morning,” alleged in her lawsuit against Ferguson that he coerced sexual favors from her in 2004, then retaliated against her for years after she put a stop to it. She was laid off in May 2020 after maintaining the same position as assistant producer throughout her 20-year career at The Mix.
DeNicolo later filed a separate suit against Hubbard, contending the company made defamatory statements to its employees and the media after the Tribune and other media reported last week that she had sued Ferguson in May.
In a court filing later added to the defamation suit, a former WTMX sales employee alleged Ferguson groped her at a station Christmas party in full view of her husband and co-workers in 2003. The woman, Kristen Mori of Ohio, said in a written declaration that she was “shocked and disturbed by Ferguson’s offensive touching” and alleged management “turned a blind eye towards (his) inappropriate and offensive conduct” because of the revenue generated by his popular morning show.
Like DeNicolo, Mori said in her declaration that she did not report the alleged behavior to management for fear of losing her job. Mori did not file a lawsuit.
Attorneys for Ferguson have denied DeNicolo’s allegations against him and filed a motion to dismiss her suit. Ferguson “emphatically denies the existence of a sexual relationship” with DeNicolo “as well as engaging in the other conduct alleged in the complaint,” his lawyers said in their motion.
Ferguson has not otherwise responded to requests for comment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Breaking News...

https://www.robertfeder.com/2021/10/05/ ... r-october/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
We have made the decision that Eric will not be on the air through October
That means 101.9 goes 24/7 Christmas on Nov 1?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

That man has a severe case of butt-hole eyes. IYKYK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
As a member of the court of public opinion, dude's been guilty since way before these allegations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:50 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Pat Hughes wrote:
I have some breaking news...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SpiralStairs wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

He’s an odd looking man. Looks like a bald guy who added an extra inch of scalp to the top of his head.

It’s not a 5-head situation. It’s just a weird look. And the butthole eyes. Not quite Pete Davidson but they’re there.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

He’s an odd looking man. Looks like a bald guy who added an extra inch of scalp to the top of his head.

It’s not a 5-head situation. It’s just a weird look. And the butthole eyes. Not quite Pete Davidson but they’re there.

So he's not your type?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

So he's not your type?

Depends. How many beers we talkin?

More so pointing out the obvious truth that the man looks like a kindergarten project wherein a 5yr old draws a self portrait on a paper plate.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

So he's not your type?

Depends. How many beers we talkin?

More so pointing out the obvious truth that the man looks like a kindergarten project wherein a 5yr old draws a self portrait on a paper plate.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:32 pm 

He's had a lot of work done for someone who's on the radio.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:37 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
He's had a lot of work done for someone who's on the radio.

He probably does hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

Just a guess.