It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Pretty good final show. Fred's back patio next to a Mexican horse farm (rodeo). Good to hear Southside Ron. Fred's mentioned in the past not a big fan of Jason Benetti. JB has made a bit out of it which was awkward when he called in. Fred's Monday podcast is with 1252. Those numbers close to 13/52. Rogers, Hanley, Zander weekends won't be bad. ESPN 1000 cheapskates having Fred go solo Bears postgame. Befitting Fred has an IPA.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
vitoscotti wrote:
Pretty good final show. Fred's back patio next to a Mexican horse farm (rodeo). Good to hear Southside Ron. Fred's mentioned in the past not a big fan of Jason Benetti. JB has made a bit out of it which was awkward when he called in. Fred's Monday podcast is with 1252. Those numbers close to 13/52. Rogers, Hanley, Zander weekends won't be bad. ESPN 1000 cheapskates having Fred go solo Bears postgame. Befitting Fred has an IPA.

Ya when Murph was on he sort of disguised how shit it is to work for AM 1000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UanNP5y2piI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:47 pm 

how can murph be a hippie bleacher bum and still a prick about his producers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:49 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
vitoscotti wrote:

man....that was actually a fun watch.

Fred....he should really consider dressing up as Jerry Reinsdorf for Halloween. He could totally pull that off.

Murph....he is still the most odd, quirky individual I've every heard.

North actually sounded really great.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Give these guys and hour or two a week and they could put on a show that will be much more entertaining than anything on the score today.

Of course that will never happen because the beta males running the place would need a safe space to do adult coloring books after the old geezers challenged their shallow sports thoughts/opinions.

Kind of like how Mully tapped out of transition when he couldn't handle the atmosphere anymore.

Would love to North on for a few minutes with the afternoon show, having a dude that has completely opposite views of Lil' Dany Parkins would make for some entertainingly uncomfortable radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Clawmaster wrote:
Give these guys and hour or two a week and they could put on a show that will be much more entertaining than anything on the score today.

Of course that will never happen because the beta males running the place would need a safe space to do adult coloring books after the old geezers challenged their shallow sports thoughts/opinions.

Kind of like how Mully tapped out of transition when he couldn't handle the atmosphere anymore.

Would love to North on for a few minutes with the afternoon show, having a dude that has completely opposite views of Lil' Dany Parkins would make for some entertainingly uncomfortable radio.

Just stop. There's a reason these guys are not on the air any more and it's not due to the "bosses".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:07 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

Thanks Vito. That was awesome!

BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Fred....he should really consider dressing up as Jerry Reinsdorf for Halloween. He could totally pull that off.

EXACTLY!
Clawmaster wrote:

100%!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:14 am 

Could you imagine North on the Score today with his Joe 6 pack views on topics. There'd be constant I'm offended hissy fits by the current weak hosts.These 3 had to be listened to live and fight through the commercials pre-podcast days. I'd like to see what these 3 say off camera together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
vitoscotti wrote:

This was a great listen; thanks for pointing this out. Would love to hear these three together more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:51 am 
1000 CLUB

North, Hubner and Murphy.

Their kind are done in media.

Funny, because Bernstein is more like their kind. More then he'd like to admit. Only with an elite education and being well spoken. He's smart. They're not. But Bernstein realized that he can't say what he thinks now. So has Howard Stern

Just the way life is now. Some would say it's for the better. It might be. But it's all fake.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Beardown wrote:
North, Hubner and Murphy.

Their kind are done in media.

Funny, because Bernstein is more like their kind. More then he'd like to admit. Only with an elite education and being well spoken. He's smart. They're not. But Bernstein realized that he can't say what he thinks now. So has Howard Stern

Just the way life is now. Some would say it's for the better. It might be. But it's all fake.

Quite true, most human interactions today are copied, filtered, and autotuned. You run into very few authentic people that will have an actual conversation with you and get offended or confused when you have a thought they may not agree with or poke holes in the accepted take of the day.

North and Murph may be goofs, but they will give you a different take, it may be completely idiotic, or it may be something you never thought of before, such is the risk of human to human interaction.

No two humans will see things the same way as everyone brings their own unique background, education, and experience to the conversation, and that is why the forced fed SJW appropriate views that are spewed out today actually create a false sense that things are better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:55 am 

North's thoughts are like an old buddy you see at Jewel haven't seen in a long time. Then talk sports a ½ hour. Honest opinions. Some all over the place. No PC sjw constraints. North still is big Mitch has a future, Fields is trash guy. That's unacceptable in today's PC world. The 3 virtually calling the Score a sold out graveyard devoid of fresh honest opinions. North even hinted at fake sjw stances by hosts that are opposite of their true feelings. Every point the 3 dislikes about sportsradio is a description of today's Score trash hosts. North especially delivered rapid fire right-on death shots towards his old station. Even laid back Fred agreed Hub was spineless to AR apologize if he really believes his thoughts. Even through many battles the 3 are still on good terms. I like how David Spada posted on the bottom about MN "China man" comment with North shaking his head. Great stuff. I think I got Fred a lot of views posting it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:32 am 

North earned his demise and his machinations resulted in management redefining the character of the station as his antithesis. The Bernstein era was a response to North's attempt to make a conservative political talk station in the mornings.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:44 am 

good dolphin wrote:
North earned his demise and his machinations resulted in management redefining the character of the station as his antithesis. The Bernstein era was a response to North's attempt to make a conservative political talk station in the mornings.

No argument...that's exactly what happened.
Yet....those 3 crazy old men produced a more entertaining talk segment than what I've heard on the score in the last 10 years...and none of those 3 were even of my favorites.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:47 am 

BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yet....those 3 crazy old men produced a more entertaining talk segment than what I've heard on the score in the last 10 years...and none of those 3 were even of my favorites.

Agreed.

Fred is the kid in that group at 65 so none are ever coming back for regular work. I wouldn't mind if they used weekends as the old people's home and gave the old guys shifts.

I think it would be kind of fun to have one retro day at the station with the old lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:57 am 

Fred was the luckiest guy in the history of that station. He rode coattails for 9 years on two morning shows. He was otherwise a career scoreboard update reader. I liked him in this late part of his career.

How does he have the cash to build a new house after working part time for the last decade?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
Fred was the luckiest guy in the history of that station. He rode coattails for 9 years on two morning shows. He was otherwise a career scoreboard update reader. I liked him in this late part of his career.

How does he have the cash to build a new house after working part time for the last decade?

S&P 500.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Fred was the luckiest guy in the history of that station.

Jesse Rogers and Jason Goff would like a word.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Angie's
BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Agree with all of that.

Freddie was kind of the sane anchor for these two nuts.

The comments on Telander and Aaron Rodgers were :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:51 am 

Wayne Kerr wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Agree with all of that.

Freddie was kind of the sane anchor for these two nuts.

The comments on Telander and Aaron Rodgers were :lol:

Yeah they absolutely body slammed Telander....loved it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:55 am 

It's pretty obvious the Score's current template of opinions bought out by partnered teams, mandated pc liberal sjw views, cookie-cutter bland hosts isn't what most true Chicago sports fans want from their local sports radio.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I disagree about Jesse.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: What??
badrogue17 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I disagree about Jesse.

Guy worked his ass off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nardi wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I disagree about Jesse.

Guy worked his ass off.

He sure did. But he went from being a producer asking Antonio Alfonseca if he was born with 6 fingers to being a respected national baseball reporter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Nardi wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I disagree about Jesse.

Guy worked his ass off.

Jesse owes his career to North. He was terrible for years. He works now as a guy with inside info and connections, but NIU wouldn't even claim the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Fred HATED Bernsie. Liked Terry. I remember Fred at the bowling events going on and on about how Dan was a tool. It was kinda funny as I was a fan of both Fred and Dan. Fred had the informative part of sportsradio down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I disagree about Jesse.

Guy worked his ass off.

Yes he did.

Those interviews that made North famous never happen without Jesse. That's a fact.

And through more hard work he has made himself a good reporter as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next