It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Observer wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Tieing the knot again, and building a new house. Man loves his beer. 5 years cancer free which is beautiful.

did his wife pass away?

Cancer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
According to Speigel, Fred has a new lady in his life. Good for him.

Speigel sounds like a real gossip hound.

Fwiw, both Spiegs and LoHo were highly complimentary of Fred and seemed genuinely happy for him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Fwiw, both Spiegs and LoHo were highly complimentary of Fred and seemed genuinely happy for him.

but they shit talk murph every chance they get.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:34 pm 

Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

What's that go to do with anything? They like Fred and (like everyone else) don't like Murph.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:15 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

What's that go to do with anything? They like Fred and (like everyone else) don't like Murph.

For a Les tribute Murph was on Fred's podcast with North, & Mac. They were all on speaking terms.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:36 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Observer wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

For a Les tribute Murph was on Fred's podcast with North, & Mac. They were all on speaking terms.

wait Mac was there? You sure?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:37 am 

Observer wrote:

wait Mac was there? You sure?

What's Your Beef?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:49 pm 

For those interested, Fred will be on with Parkins and Speigel at 5 today

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I caught about 2/3 of that. Fred was solid.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:37 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I caught about 2/3 of that. Fred was solid.

Yeah, there’s something oddly comforting hearing him speak. It’s also clear that he seemingly got along with pretty much everyone despite the wide variety of personalities he worked with.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:34 pm 

Fred is agreeable.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Fred is malleable.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:07 pm 

Bittersweet to hear a guy from the past when the Score was a great listen. To now how the station has nosedived into generic bland liberal clones of each other. They must of listened I noticed they lengthened the segments. Fred's a fast talker so he was able to get a lot of thoughts in. P & S did a good job of staying in the background and let Fred speak. I notice guests are never asked about their thoughts on the change of the Score into a sjw mouthpiece and team partnership restraints compared to the old diverse opinions Score.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:57 am 

i hope it's on podcast, will try to listen this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:11 am 

I really think the "score sjw" stuff is overstated here and is much quieter than it was five years ago.

The Bernstein era is over. We are now in the Parkins era.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:40 pm 

Listened to the Huebner piece and the did talk about Murph. He had good things to say about Murph and what would piss Murph off.

16 min into the podcast.

Spiegs had a lot of good things to say about Murph too. Said he never had a problem working w/ Murph and called him very creative.

Good to hear this from Spiegs. Show's me he no longer is afraid of Mac.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:23 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I really think the "score sjw" stuff is overstated here and is much quieter than it was five years ago.

It is absolutely overstated. It's odd that some who claim to not listen have their overly-sensitive rabbit ears offended on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It is absolutely overstated. It's odd that some who claim to not listen have their overly-sensitive rabbit ears offended on a regular basis.

There are a few hosts that show their bias regularly, and it is annoying. The one that bothered me the most was Bernsie’s sarcastic “they’re taking away our freedoms” saying during the Tea Party movement. Fast forward a few years, and it literally happened in mass. Not to mention all the illegal spying by the Feds.

Take Parkins. He was so offended when the red state SEC started playing college football amid Covid. Fast forward later and the Big Ten jumped in.

It is overplayed but there is always an undercurrent that the left is “right” and the right is not. On most issues there is no right in or wrong just a difference of opinion.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:45 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There are a few hosts that show their bias regularly, and it is annoying. The one that bothered me the most was Bernsie’s sarcastic “they’re taking away our freedoms” saying during the Tea Party movement. Fast forward a few years, and it literally happened in mass. Not to mention all the illegal spying by the Feds.

Take Parkins. He was so offended when the red state SEC started playing college football amid Covid. Fast forward later and the Big Ten jumped in.

It is overplayed but there is always an undercurrent that the left is “right” and the right is not. On most issues there is no right in or wrong just a difference of opinion.
I don't dispute the leanings of those you've mentioned. I just don't think it comes up as often as many seem to think it does and even then it is rarely anything beyond a quick joking comment.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:24 pm 

I don't think the Score's left leanings are exaggerated. Only if you have blinders on. Any crisis or social uprising where do they lean? Left. Not one host strays from liberal agenda. Not one. Many regular guests are handpicked left. Any conservative opinion eeks out by a caller it's mocked and belittled. Repeatedly Parkins, Spiegel, and Bernstein are oohing & ahhing over male players physiques.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Parkins did a segment on the case for reparations. He denounced Dan McNeil for an hour on the air in a Red Guard struggle session. He’s as woke as it gets.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Parkins did a segment on the case for reparations. He denounced Dan McNeil for an hour on the air in a Red Guard struggle session. He’s as woke as it gets.

And just about every day advocating for Kaepernick to get signed.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
I don't think the Score's left leanings are exaggerated. Only if you have blinders on. Any crisis or social uprising where do they lean? Left. Not one host strays from liberal agenda. Not one. Many regular guests are handpicked left. Any conservative opinion eeks out by a caller it's mocked and belittled. Repeatedly Parkins, Spiegel, and Bernstein are oohing & ahhing over male players physiques.

It depends on the listeners political identifications, if you are a lefty, your likely nodding your head in agreement, or find nothing odd about the on air hosts political "thoughts".

If you are middle of the road politically, it likely annoys you when you hear the tired old stereotypical virtue signaling efforts from the on air hosts.

If you are a right winger, everything they say likely pisses you off.

Seems odd that sports talk radio, which was once an oasis full of odd people with entertaining sports thoughts has disintegrated to a point that people sitting in their parents basement doing podcasts are just as, if not more interesting than the live on air content you get on WSCR, live play by play is the only really unique content the station is putting out these days.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:34 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

It depends on the listeners political identifications, if you are a lefty, your likely nodding your head in agreement, or find nothing odd about the on air hosts political "thoughts".

If you are middle of the road politically, it likely annoys you when you hear the tired old stereotypical virtue signaling efforts from the on air hosts.

If you are a right winger, everything they say likely pisses you off.

Seems odd that sports talk radio, which was once an oasis full of odd people with entertaining sports thoughts has disintegrated to a point that people sitting in their parents basement doing podcasts are just as, if not more interesting than the live on air content you get on WSCR, live play by play is the only really unique content the station is putting out these days.

The current Score hosts best content is talking about old Score hosts. They're witty, funny, and genuine. They can be themselves and have fun. They're like kids in a candy store. They can drop the sjw, data is god persona that destroys other content discussed. They don't come across as evil, despicable people when they tell stories about old Score hosts. When the segment ends the listener leaving rate has to be over 90%.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

the first time i ever heard parkins on the score - he was talking about his privileged north shore friends that he took a trip with to mexico (i believe). telling us that they grew up in wealth along with people that looked like them and had no concept of what most americans face financially and economically. he may not be far off, but, he lumps most people that share his skin color as those who have roots in the usa for 400 years, have profited from slavery and wrote laws to protect their old, blood money.

not the case, danny. he does sound like a communist. he, himself grew up with those that he now accuses of the crime of not being woke. that said, he did not grow up in the city to see things that others have seen. danny is not infallible when talking about social issues.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:18 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
They can drop the sjw

i wonder if bernstein has dropped his boycott against goya foods, due to the goya food CEO's support for trump. no goya beans as bernstein culturally appropriates cuisines from south of the border along with italian cuisine.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 10:14 am 

When Parkins first came on the Score he boasted that he was as liberal as there is. This was even before NFL kneeling, and his beloved rioters & looters. I don't want to know anything about sports radio hosts political leanings. I'm like Mr Bookman on librarians private life. "We didn't know anything about her private life. We didn't want to know anything about her private life."

About 2:50
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tP9fI2zbE

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:15 am 

yes, i believe he is a communist. he makes absolutely no secret of his leanings and when he tells us of the woe of the minorities, he speaks ex-cathedra.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:55 am 

stop being ridiculous

The closest Parkins comes to being a communist is being forced to join the union.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Parkins and Bernstein grew up in environments where their families took them to live sporting events where they sat in the private boxes during client or business events, sports for them will always be more of a business activity that needs to be quantified and analyzed, hence the reliance on statistical analysis over actually understanding the sports. There is also an opportunity to show how socially aware you are by shilling for left wing agendas which makes you look good to the rest of the media types you so much want to impress.

For the other 99.9% of us that did not grow up in the level of privilege that allowed us to access the Cubs broadcast booth like a young Danny Bernstein, sports are what you did in your backyard with your buddies, hours upon hours spend playing hot box, 500, shooting hoops, or annihilating each other playing pig slaughter, then later you played on competitive teams, you know about the sports because you grew up competing, you know what spin rate and velocity looks and sounds like because you actually faced a dude that could pitch a little bit. You know what leverage looks like during line play because you had to try to block a bigger dude and learned rudimentary techniques.

You run into guys you played against years ago and can talk about competing in athletics, whereas I'm sure Parkins can run into an old trust fund buddy and chat about the great trip to Hilton Head where they hung out and played golf. The leads to some really bad sports thoughts, especially about football from guys like Parkins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next