It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Peggy Kusinski and Dionne Miller, two of the best sportscasters in town, are teaming up to co-host a new weekly show on WMVP 1000-AM, the Good Karma Brands ESPN sports/talk station. Starting this weekend they’ll be heard on Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. It marks a return to the station after 19 years for Kusinski, who went on to a long run as sports anchor at NBC-owned WMAQ-Channel 5. Miller, who’s sports anchor at ABC-owned WLS-Channel 7, co-hosted a weekly Chicago Bears pregame show with Jeff Meller last season on ESPN 1000 and has filled in as a weekday host over the past year. “We are really excited to have Peggy and Dionne on our team and know the fans will enjoy this duo,” said Danny Zederman, director of content at ESPN 1000. “I think it’s going to be great.”

https://www.robertfeder.com/2022/02/04/ ... more-32233

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Peggy was teamed up with Julie a couple times Saturdays at the Score filling in. Julie tried to steer her views, but Peggy stood up to her. It was an uncomfortable pairing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Is this what Satan Dicaro was crying about yesterday with the 3 job interviews that weren't really interviews at all but she wanted them to be so there were? There is no better way to support a female getting a sports media job in a major sports market than to off no congratulations and instead cry about not getting considered for the job yourself. Keep PERSISTING!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Is this what Satan Dicaro was crying about yesterday with the 3 job interviews that weren't really interviews at all but she wanted them to be so there were? There is no better way to support a female getting a sports media job in a major sports market than to off no congratulations and instead cry about not getting considered for the job yourself. Keep PERSISTING!!

No, that was her latching onto the Brian Flores situation and saying she goes through the same struggles as her pet people of color do .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:19 am 

I hope Peggy doesn't try to shoehorn her douchebag son into the show, as she's been desperately trying to get him a foot in the business for the past few years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Was Peggy the lady after Kerry Wood's 20K performance ask Michael Jordan in a NBA PLAYOFFs post game conference how Wood has replaced MJ as Chicago's superstar?

That had to be the stupidest question ever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
good dolphin wrote:
I hope Peggy doesn't try to shoehorn her douchebag son into the show, as she's been desperately trying to get him a foot in the business for the past few years.

I forget which trade he botched by leaking it early. I think it was Joc Pederson to the Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:07 pm 

Derplington wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I forget which trade he botched by leaking it early. I think it was Joc Pederson to the Sox.

He would love to have you believe he had that power.

He's been portraying himself as an insider on Twitter and soxtalk but has been shown to have no more access than Peggy herself, who is only rejoining the business after a long hiatus.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:

Did dolphin send you that pic from his phone?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

HawaiiYou wrote:
Was Peggy the lady after Kerry Wood's 20K performance ask Michael Jordan in a NBA PLAYOFFs post game conference how Wood has replaced MJ as Chicago's superstar?

That had to be the stupidest question ever.

Cub fans say the dumbest fucking things.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:42 pm 

Listened to the 1st hour. Light non-sports getting caught up talk. Talking about their lives. Callers talking about similar experiences. So far fun orientated. No "I'm part of an abused demographic", preaching to the audience how privileged they are. Good fit for ESPN 1000. P & D are like the down-the-dial anti- Score monster hosts so far. Very refreshing. Started getting into sports at the end of the hour.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
vitoscotti wrote:
Listened to the 1st hour. Light non-sports getting caught up talk. Talking about their lives. Callers talking about similar experiences. So far fun orientated. No "I'm part of an abused demographic", preaching to the audience how privileged they are. Good fit for ESPN 1000. P & D are like the down-the-dial anti- Score monster hosts so far. Very refreshing. Started getting into sports at the end of the hour.

I missed the first hour but the second hour was on at my father's place when I got there. It was still lighthearted, a little more about how some men (and some women) are stupid about women in sports but it's better than it used to be.

Peggy told a couple of anecdotes about women in the early 2000s who seemed incredulous that she would want to cover sports.

A little bit Kathy and Judy but to be expected for the first show. Dionne Miller has been solid on weekend shifts this fall with that Jeff guy, so I expect it to be a solid pairing. Although personally I'd probably listen to Stevie Sunshine instead if Grote was still teamed with him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I heard a conversation about Camo sweatshirt and hat that Peggy was wearing and they weren't matching patterns. This was either the height of Bureau County fashion or a serious faux pas. Although one was Chanel and I'm thinking that's not very common Camo pattern for the deer hunters around here.

I think it was a commercial break when I got back into car and I flipped over to XM.

Last edited by Drunk Squirrel on Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:53 am 

Girl talk/no sports was ok the first show. But, for it to survive it's got to be at least 75% sports.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:05 am 

I caught the last 15 minutes. It was OK.

One of them is already taking off next week. Dedication!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I was on the road and heard the first hour.
Yes....catching up talk. It was fine. Better than any July / Maggie segment ever.

Peggy was always decent. She basically admitted she was done and mailing it in at the end. Completely admitted "my life is great and I'm not apologizing for it. Don't care. I'm here because I want to be and i give zero fucks what you think of it". I respect the candor.

Would I listen intentionally? No
Would I listen again if I was on the road driving? Yes.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:24 am 

With all the female sports fans in Chicago it's amazing that a female hosting duo show is such a rarity. And now what do you know actual likable human beings.

Julie has to be kicking herself for blowing her chance at the Score to progress. She literally had no competition to jump over with the male cookie-cutter generic fellow liberal hosts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:41 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Yes....catching up talk. It was fine. Better than any July / Maggie segment ever.

Peggy was always decent. She basically admitted she was done and mailing it in at the end. Completely admitted "my life is great and I'm not apologizing for it. Don't care. I'm here because I want to be and i give zero fucks what you think of it". I respect the candor.

There was just a little bit of Saturday morning Dave Baum in Peggy, so to speak.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

There was just a little bit of Saturday morning Dave Baum in Peggy, so to speak.

What did the chat champ ever do to you? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:01 pm 

I'm glad that they did well. Frankly I've grown beyond tired of the stick to sports mantra. Why pleasant and funny became a bad thing is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
vitoscotti wrote:
Peggy was teamed up with Julie a couple times Saturdays at the Score filling in. Julie tried to steer her views, but Peggy stood up to her. It was an uncomfortable pairing.

Peggy wants to talk about sports and Julie wants to talk about Julie.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They were fine for a weekend show, at least the 20 minutes I caught. It was a friendly listen. Not Wake and Bake caliber, but they might get above replacement level.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:35 pm 

Peggy mentioned she has brothers who are Chicago cops. She must of caught wind of the Score hosts condoning violence towards the police. Would of been an interesting pairing with Julie during the riots when Julie was raising money for rioters ride home from looting, and bail for ones in jail. Would of been quite intense.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:47 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I'm glad that they did well. Frankly I've grown beyond tired of the stick to sports mantra. Why pleasant and funny became a bad thing is beyond me.

Truth.
There is a way to talk every day life without turning into the Mike North Morning Show or Bernstein's Penn State Crusade.

MJH were very close to doing it successfully....they'd lose it once Tiny tried being a comedian or they'd bust into song.

Peggy was always decent on the radio. I wasn't familiar with Dionne, but she was fine. I listened....it was decent radio and I didn't PTFB.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:04 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Truth.
There is a way to talk every day life without turning into the Mike North Morning Show or Bernstein's Penn State Crusade.

MJH were very close to doing it successfully....they'd lose it once Tiny tried being a comedian or they'd bust into song.

Peggy was always decent on the radio. I wasn't familiar with Dionne, but she was fine. I listened....it was decent radio and I didn't PTFB.

The biggest bone I had to pick with Mac was when he became adverse to talking about regular guy stuff. It's what I want in the mix. If I'm listening to a few podcasts, I want to hear a variety of topics and real insight into the people. It's what made the Heavy Fuel Crew great.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:13 pm 

Tried the 1st hour. Peggy talked about her trip to Costa Rica with monkeys pounding on her hotel windows begging for food. I'll pass.

Then, tried again where I left off today. The ladies talked about the hip-hop super bowl halftime show how much they loved it. They knew all the words and danced to it. Turned it off. Continued my walk with nothing playing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:39 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Tried the 1st hour. Peggy talked about her trip to Costa Rica with monkeys pounding on her hotel windows begging for food. I'll pass.

Then, tried again where I left off today. The ladies talked about the hip-hop super bowl halftime show how much they loved it. They knew all the words and danced to it. Turned it off. Continued my walk with nothing playing.

I had you pegged as the guy who sent them a nasty text at the halfway point of the show berating them for not talking about specific games.

We had them on in the background. It was fluffy in large part because Hanley had just been on for an hour talking about hockey, you can't spend two hours talking about the NBA All Star Game predictions, and there is no baseball spring training.

Every single show has been fluffy lately - Waddle spent an entire show on Friday having callers describe their marginal interactions with athletes, and then somehow it pivoted to acts of heroism by callers. Weighty stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:01 am 

February is the dead period for sports talk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:48 am 

good dolphin wrote:
February is the dead period for sports talk.

Exactly...I have zero issue hearing about Peggy and Dionne talking about their personal lives on a Saturday. It beats the crap they call "sports talk" during the week.