It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:12 am 

The truth is, this is the time to shine for people who are real entertainers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Listened to the first 30 min. of hour 1. Something fast-paced to get your mind of a long walk so it goes by faster. This is it. I had thought I wished it was sports heavy. But now I'm happy it's not. Actually 2 bright funny people talking about anything. The unpredictableness of it is really fun. No signature Score praise of leadership, transparency, clarity, sjw, and constant "I'm offended", Somebody asked Peggy what the show was about, and had no answer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Listened to the first 30 min. of hour 1. Something fast-paced to get your mind of a long walk so it goes by faster. This is it. I had thought I wished it was sports heavy. But now I'm happy it's not. Actually 2 bright funny people talking about anything. The unpredictableness of it is really fun. No signature Score praise of leadership, transparency, clarity, sjw, and constant "I'm offended", Somebody asked Peggy what the show was about, and had no answer.

I had a car ride today. They giggle like school girls too much. They have this "Can you believe two girls get to do a show" vibe. But they're fine for a weekend show.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:55 am 

A recurring theme of Peggy's show openings is her pride in the neighborhood she was raised in, her polish/Irish heritage, parish, Catholic schools and its upbringing. Hanley was subbing with her and also chimed in about his. Fred did the same about his in Cicero about being raised Catholic in Cicero. I don't know if Mitch Rosen would allow a recurring theme like this on the Score. The Score has a history of spewing out Catholic hate rhetoric focusing on it's failings not it's strong family themed community. Bernstein will talk about his fake south side roots bs to show an elite can mingle with his underlings. Always sounds contrived as opposed to the three's genuine life experiences they share. Stories of hard work, fun, and love of community. In stark contrast to Larry/Bernstein/Parkins being offended by the very same people the three belong to.

Even Peggy's, Fred's, Hanley's charities they mention are community group endeavors of the neighborhood, or parish. Actual charities for illnesses, or the poor. Not raising money for rioters bail.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:26 pm 

Dionne gone last 2 weeks. Hanley filling in was very good last week. This week it was the new station Bears reporter. Very bland & generic. No chemistry with Peggy. I quit after 10 minutes.
Will be interesting how she fits in with the guys (who like to kid around) when she comes on the shows.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
vitoscotti wrote:
Dionne gone last 2 weeks. Hanley filling in was very good last week. This week it was the new station Bears reporter. Very bland & generic. No chemistry with Peggy. I quit after 10 minutes.
Will be interesting how she fits in with the guys (who like to kid around) when she comes on the shows.

It got better in the second hour when they talked more NFL.

But there is no shared experiences between them. Dionne and Peggy are both mothers, Hanley and Peggy are both old, Courtney is single and younger and originally from the south suburbs and used to hosting national weekend shows with a different vibe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:41 pm 

Listened to Courtney Cronin and Shea Peppler
going to and from the store Sunday afternoon. They were understandably uptight talking about DeShaun Watson. Then they shifted to talking about Baker Mayfield with the Browns reporter and the tone really loosened up with the restraints off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:09 pm 

Peggy & Dionne subbing today. Funny story Peggy was a runner during MNF and it was her job to bring Howard Cosell Manhattans. They have a knack for making anything interesting, and creating content just talking on light subjects.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 2:42 pm 

Peggy doing her show calling in getting ready to go to Miss Ukraine Elena Dunder's wedding. Then what a 180 segue talking about Brittney Griner. Immediately turned it off.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:01 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Peggy doing her show calling in getting ready to go to Miss Ukraine Elena Dunder's wedding. Then what a 180 segue talking about Brittney Griner. Immediately turned it off.

No you didn't.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Why the fuck would Peggy know either Elena Dunder or someone rich enough to marry her?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 6:40 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Why the fuck would Peggy know either Elena Dunder or someone rich enough to marry her?

Dionne asked her that. Her husband knows the groom through his business. No grass grows under Peggy's feet.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Sports talk radio is a personality driven format, and there is a potentially massive untapped female listener market but the reality is that the only people listening to sports talk radio on a weekend morning are the hard core sports talk radio guys here.

If I'm listening on a weekend morning it's background noise while working out, and anything is better than listening to Spiegs slobbering over spin rates.