It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

Opportunity to watch Herb stiff service industry workers live.

How badly did Herb stiff you on a tip? I take it he ordered a large amount of food.

Plus, who the fuck wants to tailgate with Herb? I get somebody like Danny Mac, or maybe wsd with his barstool following. But Herb? Boring.

Last edited by Derplington on Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
good dolphin wrote:
I imagine they will find some other former bear for name recognition before training camp starts. The problem is they have to find a guy willing to do it five times per week.

I think it would be a good move to see it they could team with WGN to get a Hamp/OB simulcast for a post game.

Their football coverage really should be expansive with a pre and a post, but that will take some hiring.

Devin Hester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Derplington wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I imagine they will find some other former bear for name recognition before training camp starts. The problem is they have to find a guy willing to do it five times per week.

I think it would be a good move to see it they could team with WGN to get a Hamp/OB simulcast for a post game.

Their football coverage really should be expansive with a pre and a post, but that will take some hiring.

Devin Hester

If your going to use Devin Hester you will need a translation system similar to the UN with someone translating the Hesterese into English, and you have a ready made drinking game where you take a swig each time he uses some form of the phrase, "most definitely".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Derplington wrote:

Opportunity to watch Herb stiff service industry workers live.

How badly did Herb stiff you on a tip? I take it he ordered a large amount of food.

Plus, who the fuck wants to tailgate with Herb? I get somebody like Danny Mac, or maybe wsd with his barstool following. But Herb? Boring.

To watch someone gorge themselves with hot dogs Joey Chestnut style? I can’t speak on the tip, but I am certain this is someone who complains that service workers aren’t paid enough. Or he’s just a huge Scootie Pippen fan.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:13 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I say the same thing with Mitch programming middays.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Their Bears coverage is often pretty good. Regarding Bears podcasts, I actually enjoy the NBC Under Center podcast with Ken Davis, Josh Schrock and Alex Shapiro. Davis is an entertaining guy, and Schrock and Shapiro generally make good points. The PFW podcast would also be very good if Hub weren't on it. I haven't listened to Olin's show in a while. I'll have to catch up on it before training camp begins.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
ive just started watching this past week these CHGO Sports guys post cubs game live podcasts on youtube. it's pretty good. this and LOCKED ON CUBS.

Better than the vanilla cubs Marquee post game show and ZZ on the radio.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:20 am 

The entire team of CHGO guys could use a makeover. It's like they don't realize people can see them.

we mock some of the score guys of the past, but when they are teamed with what seems like people off the street at CHGO, you can see the difference in quality.

That Bears group would be unlistenable without (SICP alum) Hoge.

On the sox group, Herb is a slug. Even his posture makes him look like a person you shouldn't take seriously. I don't know what would have caused an exec to choose him to issue opinions. Vinnie Duber looks like he drives a van from the 70s with no windows in back. I know some young men are trying to bring the mustache back into vogue but that look for him has to be poon repellant.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:24 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Their Bears coverage is often pretty good. Regarding Bears podcasts, I actually enjoy the NBC Under Center podcast with Ken Davis, Josh Schrock and Alex Shapiro. Davis is an entertaining guy, and Schrock and Shapiro generally make good points. The PFW podcast would also be very good if Hub weren't on it. I haven't listened to Olin's show in a while. I'll have to catch up on it before training camp begins.

ill have to check out under center.

I've seen that you like a few of these podcasts. It seems to me that almost every show is lots of fat and very little meat. You can skip through the first 10-15 minutes as the hosts catch everyone up on their uninteresting lives, then you get some content followed by the last 20 minutes being them trying to stretch to fill their hour commitment

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:13 pm 

this CHGO network actually reminds me of the Score during the early days.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

ill have to check out under center.

I've seen that you like a few of these podcasts. It seems to me that almost every show is lots of fat and very little meat. You can skip through the first 10-15 minutes as the hosts catch everyone up on their uninteresting lives, then you get some content followed by the last 20 minutes being them trying to stretch to fill their hour commitment

Very true, find that they usually pad the first 10 mins of all pods with filler chat. There is also very little difference between the content on local Bears pods because the same guys are on two of them (CHGO Bears/Hoge and Jahns) and most of the other Pods use stuff from the exact same Bears reporters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:

I'll second the Under Center podcast. Feel like I'm getting actual information. I listened to some of the chicago sports podcast and it was meh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He's so stupid it's entertaining. Intent doesn't matter. Your opinion doesn't matter. All that matters is if someone is offended. That means a crime has been committed.

When Herb refused to tip at El Presidente, I took it as a physical assault and ass-rape. It doesn't matter how anyone else feels about it. Those are MY feelings. I think Darkside was upset too.

I don’t know this story. Please direct me to the post or share. Fucking Herb is the worst on twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:22 pm 

this CHGO Sports channel on youtube has a cubs post game show live after every game. and it's great.

it reminds me of the early score where they just talk sports and no other b.s.

like the guys right now are just talking about the game that just ended and cubs baseball. the score should do something like having the cubs games on radio.

Also this CHGO should have been started by Dr. Ken and the powers here. It would have been wildly successful with a low investment margin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:45 pm 

I found another live YT channel for the Cubs called Cubs Baseball Channel hosted by Mick Gillispie.

This Mick guy's voice sounds very familiar. Is he a former Score employee?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
HawaiiYou wrote:
I found another live YT channel for the Cubs called Cubs Baseball Channel hosted by Mick Gillispie.

This Mick guy's voice sounds very familiar. Is he a former Score employee?

No, but he did the Spring Training web games with Len for several years. He is the PBP guy at AA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:38 am 

Find the first 5-10 mins of all the CHGO pods usesless as they almost always consist of the hosts bitching about how hard it is to do a podcast, yapping about their golf games, or whining about how they feel after drinking two White Claws last night.

Do enjoy the stuff with scouts or out of town experts who give you an honest take, the only two guys working locally that give you unique takes are Thayer and Olin, but most of the time it goes over the head of the hosts.

Find myself rarely listening to WSCR or WMVP anymore because you get far superior Bears content in a concise package which works well when you only have a bit of time due to work or family commitments.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6