It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
cookie23 wrote:
Soooooo. Olin is the only name 99% of Chicagoans are gonna know. I give it 4 months.
99% of wait staffs in Chicago know about Herb.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
now that hoge is there the bears show is basically hoge and olin feat the two kids... one of em didn't even go to the studio today so he skyped in at home to deliver THE TOPIC OF THE DAY.... AMARI COOPER TO THE BEARS?!?! but yeah, i'm already used to hoge's voice from hoge and jahns and olin's quality, so as long as the kids know their role they've clearly hunkered down the most money on their bears coverage. you figure hoge has to be making at least double what the kids are making, right? he left a cable TV channel to do this 5 days a week, tho it'll be interesting to see how this dynamic works out once the season starts and you figure hoge's going to want to be in lake forest at 11am on most days when this bears show airs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:48 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I'm figuring who ever owns this thing isn't giving out contracts. No way he's taking on that risk. Not even a year contract for these "NO NAMES". It's probably a month by month thing. See if they attract some sort of audience and can sell some adds. They'll be paid based on their listenership. Some shit like that.

It's just not gonna work. I don't know anybody but Jay, Herb and of course Olin. Jay has his bullshit job at WBBM as an "Executive". :roll: . That's fulltime. Olin is rich so this means nothing to him. He just wants to do something to get away from the wife and kids. Shocked that Herb quit his producer job for this. But Herb isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Can somebody actually explain to me what Jay does for WBBM 780. I never quite understood it when Bernstein interviewed him about it. I'm thinking he's friends with management (780 and 670 are the same company) that made up a bullshit job to help him out. Give him a raise and a title. That's fine. I don't begrudge him. I'd take it too for the raise and title. Happens all the time in corporate America. I just don't know what the fuck he does. Do you?

Herb is like Kenny from Southpark. Herb says he's leaving at the end of every week and then we see him back soon after.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Looks like Adam Hoge is the latest recruit for the CHGO podcast network. This is a very good get for them, as Hoge has become one of the better Bears analysts/reporters over the past few years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hoge is going to be hosting the CHGO Bears show five days per week as of today. Where is the content going to come from?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's another woke sports venture.

I don't think this is the case at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Why is this considered a SJW/left wing thing?

is it just because some of these dudes couldn't themselves on shows in the past? Not an actual show where they are telling us how much they hate Trump, right?

Hoge is pretty solid. Not sure how his daily show will be, but that's a solid get.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is considering players like Zawaski, Herb, and @scuriiosa.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is considering players like Zawaski, Herb, and @scuriiosa.

Moreano, Dewitt, Hoge, Duber, Kreutz, and a couple other of their commentators have no history of subscribing to identity politics.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I saw where the Denver counterpart (DNVR? pron: D-N-V-R? dunvrrr?) entered into a licensing/branding deal with a sports bar. One could get the idea that they're, if not necessarily trying to be an explicitly p.c. retort to Barstool, at least attempting to ape Barstool's merchandising-machine-with-incidental-content model, just without doing podcasts called I Like Boobs or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's clearly not an explicitly political venture:

Feder wrote:
There’s a new game in town for Chicago sports fans. Welcome to CHGO Sports.

Debuting today, the new digital media outlet is the latest expansion of All City Network, which launched similar sites in Denver and Phoenix. (Here is the link.)

More than 20 local sports media figures have signed on as contributors, including such familiar names as Olin Kreutz, Herb Lawrence, Luke Stuckmeyer, Vinnie Duber, Matt Peck and “Big” Dave Watson.

From studios in the West Loop, CHGO will feature a daily podcast network, livestream broadcasts, a membership site with exclusive reporting and columns, a merchandise store and a members-only chat room. Boasting “a unique fans-first approach,” the company describes its goal as building a passionate community of followers.

“Our mission is to establish a community around sports in Chicago that makes it more fun to be a fan,” Brandon Spano, CEO of All City Network, said in a statement.

“We do that by changing the way fans are able to engage and interact with the people who cover their favorite teams. At the end of the day, this is not about a media brand. This is about making something that Chicago can be proud of and it’s completely run by people who embrace that.”

Leading the Chicago startup is general manager Jake Flannigan, head of content Kevin Kaduk, executive producer of live streaming Lawrence Benedetto and director of social Kacy Standohar.

“I’m really proud of the staff we’ve built,” said Kaduk, a former Yahoo Sports editor and founder of the Midway Minute newsletter. “It’s a diverse group I think is reflective of the city and we’re working for a people-first company. I think we’re going to connect with Chicago fans in a way that hasn’t been seen before.”

Other contributors include Nicholas Moreano, Will DeWitt, Will Gottlieb, Mario Tirabassi, Greg Boysen, Jay Zawaski, Ryan Herrera, Cody Delmendo, Corey Freedman, Brendan Miller, Jared Wyllys, Sean Anderson and Janice Scurio.

Friday’s launch coincides with the 185th anniversary of Chicago’s founding March 4, 1837.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:46 am 
Site Admin

One of their first podcasts was about how LaRussa overcame his problematicness.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:38 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

to be fair he does have some problematicness. remember he had a couple'a players die while he was managing the cardinals? darryl kyle and that younger kid who drunk drove himself into the back of a pulled over pickup truck? that's problematic cuz idk how many other MLB managers have a body count like TLR does. shit, what other active managers have a body count?

i look forward to tall midget coming in a few hours later and saying the same stuff i did just with color graphics to show me up. that's the best part about me: i don't exist. formally. or in the real world.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Such as?

Their football guys are Hoge, Kreutz and the dudes from the Chicago Audible podcast. None of them are focused on "woke" cultural issues. Same thing with their basketball guy.

Is Luke Stuckmeyer a SJW? Never heard that about him.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Such as?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTqf5kR0PGM&t=448s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Such as?

Barstool was successful because it was a humor website that crossed over. Now it's a gambling website. The Athletic has never made money. Investors are seeing gold though because Simmons made a ton on the Ringer, the Athletic was bought by confused legacy media, and Barstool was bought by Penn.

This website has some money or they wouldn't have been able to get Dubner or Hoge. But there has never been an audience for a subscription based all-sports service. Mix in the woke.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Launch of this was pretty poor as well,

Did anyone ever hear of it before the day they started?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Such as?

So what was the woke part other than Herb mentioning (for roughly ten seconds) that he didn't like LaRussa's statements about Kaepernick?

Most of the LaRussa discussion seemed to be focused on how TLR overcame concerns about being removed from the game for a long time and the apparent castration of Hahn that accompanied his hiring.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:

Yeah, the launch seemed pretty unprofessional, especially for an operation that seems to have a fair amount of cash behind it. Their website doesn't even have all the podcasts archived or a schedule for when the various shows will be streaming live.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Such as?

Barstool was successful because it was a humor website that crossed over. Now it's a gambling website. The Athletic has never made money. Investors are seeing gold though because Simmons made a ton on the Ringer, the Athletic was bought by confused legacy media, and Barstool was bought by Penn.

This website has some money or they wouldn't have been able to get Dubner or Hoge. But there has never been an audience for a subscription based all-sports service. Mix in the woke.

Basically what CHGO seems to have done is take a few different podcasters with varying degrees of success (the Chicago Audible team, Hoge, Herb, etc) and unite them under a single umbrella. They are gambling that people will now pay for basically the same content that they once got for free. This gamble is complicated by the fact that Hoge is going to continue to his free (and popular) podcast with Jahns, and Olin, I assume, will continue his work for the Score, NBC, and on his free podcast with Jason McKie. It seems impossible that this venture will turn a profit anytime soon, if ever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Why would anyone pay to listen to Herb Lawrence’s sports thoughts ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:42 am 

You would think they would have targeted a site like this prior to roll out, or some other chicago sports sites I inhabit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Why would anyone pay to listen to Herb Lawrence’s sports thoughts ?

They won't.

People won't even pay to hear the platform's top two gets so far, Hoge and Kreutz.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 am 

Seacrest wrote:

the first i saw of it was herb posting something about how the game was changing tomorrow so i replied "are you starting a new chicago sports webio or something?" then the next day came and whaddya know, it was a new chicago sports webio.

honestly as much as they'd love to get people to pay for this shit, they gotta establish the core "free" product (and get all the sponsors / gimmicks they can) and then maybe just maybe if/when they have a few thousand watching/listening regularly can they make reference to the "premium content" cuz honestly their one big hook for giving them $50-60 up front is "we'll give you a t-shirt!!!" and while i'm sure they want a good $25-30 for those wonderfully-non-litigious t-shirt designs on their own, still, i have no idea what their "exclusive content" is because from what i've heard so far they havent put in any pitches or hard sells for whatever their "premium product" is. as long as they focus on the freely accessible "product" for a long time they can keep on flooding fake $2 superchats to try and entice people to pay to have senpai-podcaster notice them and try to grift some revenue that way. if you ever go on a professional youtube podcaster's stream you'd be amazed how much money they rake in off of that superchat shit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
My favorite streamer for the game Football Manager makes a enough off of a steady stream of $5 Twitch subscriptions and YouTube advertising to have a staff of four or five guys working at least part time on production.

Is that what these guys are trying to do with their $2 shoutouts? Remember this is a generation which has grown up thinking nothing about throwing money at cam performers through sites such as OnlyFans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
They need 17000 yearly subscribers to get $1M in revenue. this has to be a side hustle for the "talent", there isnt enough $$ to go around. except herb, i bet he got a guarenteed $30k/yr to leave WSCR so he won't see a dip in income this year

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Herb shouldn't of rubber stamp agreed with Larry on everything being his "sock puppet" when he had the chance on the Score. Olin K is terrific post game and a segment guest twice a week contrasting bland P & S. But, do you want a steady daily dose of his being offended, and negativity even during no news times?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:16 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
My favorite streamer for the game Football Manager makes a enough off of a steady stream of $5 Twitch subscriptions and YouTube advertising to have a staff of four or five guys working at least part time on production.

Is that what these guys are trying to do with their $2 shoutouts? Remember this is a generation which has grown up thinking nothing about throwing money at cam performers through sites such as OnlyFans.

Herb would get more doing fetish Only Fans than for his shout outs. This is doing media the wrong way. You don’t need studios or full time talent. Shoestring it. Build an audience. Don’t pay then hope. They are using an old model here.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
Soooooo. Olin is the only name 99% of Chicagoans are gonna know. I give it 4 months.
99% of wait staffs in Chicago know about Herb.

Are you saying Baby Mac delivers to Herb often?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Herb would get more doing fetish Only Fans

MODS PLEASE DELETE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next