It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The CHGO Bears Podcast appears to be gaining traction. A number of their recent shows have 15,000+ plays on You Tube. That's an impressive number given the abrupt nature of the launch for the network and the fact that Adam Hoge is the show's main host and lead analyst.

Or they are buying plays.

I'm not sure, but something strange happened with their play totals in the past 12 hours. A couple of their videos that were previously at about 16,000 plays are now down to around 10,000.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:31 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I have watched. It seems pretty good to me. As someone said, there isn't an hour a day worth of content for each of the teams.

I think there is enough Bears content from now through a week or two after the draft. But there will definitely be a dead period from June to mid-July. I assume the show will go on hiatus or move to a weekly format at that point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The CHGO Bears Podcast appears to be gaining traction. A number of their recent shows have 15,000+ plays on You Tube. That's an impressive number given the abrupt nature of the launch for the network and the fact that Adam Hoge is the show's main host and lead analyst.

I'm not sure, but something strange happened with their play totals in the past 12 hours. A couple of their videos that were previously at about 16,000 plays are now down to around 10,000.

It doesn't seem right that they would go from dozens of plays to thousands in a week.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It doesn't seem right that they would go from dozens of plays to thousands in a week.

Hoge has a fairly large following from his Athletic and NBC podcasts and seems to have been able to steer his audience to the CHGO channel. The CHGO Bears show is the only podcast with a somewhat large audience. All of the other shows seem to be struggling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
There just isn't a market for another Chicago outlet doing straight sports talk. Multiple attempts at a 3rd outlet via 120 Sports, Webio, and The Game have all failed. Meanwhile the 2 legacy sports stations are seeing their overall numbers shrink with the rest of radio.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
When Ostrowski was giving his farewell to Parkins and Spiegel last Thursday, he made it sound like there was some big money behind this venture. Thought I heard him say the offer they made him was "very lucrative." Of course, $30k could be lucrative to some.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Since the CHGO Podcast Network is modeled after the Denver network, I investigated its audience size. Contrary to claims made by various CHGO hosts, the DNVR network doesn't seem to be doing well at all. Despite having had more time to establish itself, the DNVR Broncos Podcast has 1/4 or 1/3 the audience that the CHGO Bears Podcast has thus far attracted. As far as I can tell, other DNVR podcasts are faring even worse.

Additionally, the Broncos podcasts are subscription-based and thus are located behind a pay wall on the DNVR website. At the same time, though, you can watch these same podcasts for free by searching for them on You Tube. :lol: These people really seem to have no clue about what they're doing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Denver is like a third the size of Chicago, lousy with Californians, and has always been a shit sports market outside of the Broncos. People pretend to care about the other three teams for a year or two at a time, but not really. If they'd had an expansion team in hockey instead of a Cup contender gift-wrapped from Quebec City, they probably would have moved. Nevertheless, Denver still has like five sports radio stations. I still think the whole thing is just a very circuitous path to grifting money out of downtown sports bars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jaw Breaker wrote:
When Ostrowski was giving his farewell to Parkins and Spiegel last Thursday, he made it sound like there was some big money behind this venture. Thought I heard him say the offer they made him was "very lucrative." Of course, $30k could be lucrative to some.

Is he going there too? Doesn't seem like the Audacy gambling network is doing that well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I can't find anything about the funding behind this on Crunchbase so I'm guessing they don't really have the financial backing that Ostrowski wants you to think they have.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:26 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Is he going there too? Doesn't seem like the Audacy gambling network is doing that well.

No, Ostrowski is still there. Like an unfortunate stripper, Jaw Breaker picked the wrong Pole.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

No, Ostrowski is still there. Like an unfortunate stripper, Jaw Breaker picked the wrong Pole.

Lol, yeah Zawaski. Didn't North refer to them as the "battlin' Polacks?"

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:55 pm 

I'm almost certain of it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Curious Hair wrote:
Denver is like a third the size of Chicago, lousy with Californians, and has always been a shit sports market outside of the Broncos. People pretend to care about the other three teams for a year or two at a time, but not really. If they'd had an expansion team in hockey instead of a Cup contender gift-wrapped from Quebec City, they probably would have moved. Nevertheless, Denver still has like five sports radio stations. I still think the whole thing is just a very circuitous path to grifting money out of downtown sports bars.

Loved those old Nordiques teams, Stastny boys could light the lamp with regularity back in the day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:20 pm 

Even those terrible teams that yielded the Sundin, Lindros, and Nolan picks sold out the Colisee. The NHL's steadfast objection to going back there is beyond idiotic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Its literally everyone trying to be Barstool now. I dont particularly care for bar stool, but they have their crowd/audience now. CHGO isn't taking that crowd away from them. Its a stupid venture, just like the Athletic is thinking people want to pay to read articles or people actually spending money to advertise on the score when people turn it off during commercials or just tune it out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:10 pm 

Nicklin3011 wrote:
Its literally everyone trying to be Barstool now. I dont particularly care for bar stool, but they have their crowd/audience now. CHGO isn't taking that crowd away from them. Its a stupid venture, just like the Athletic is thinking people want to pay to read articles or people actually spending money to advertise on the score when people turn it off during commercials or just tune it out.

I gave this a whirl (CHGO) can't see how it will last.

As for the Athletic, I got a membership for .99/month when they first came on the scene and I will say I've enjoyed it. They do have some really good articles on there and they got a lot of my favorite writers for my favorite teams. It's not for everyone but for a dollar a month, it's worth it to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:08 pm 

He's so stupid it's entertaining. Intent doesn't matter. Your opinion doesn't matter. All that matters is if someone is offended. That means a crime has been committed.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

He's so stupid it's entertaining. Intent doesn't matter. Your opinion doesn't matter. All that matters is if someone is offended. That means a crime has been committed.

When Herb refused to tip at El Presidente, I took it as a physical assault and ass-rape. It doesn't matter how anyone else feels about it. Those are MY feelings. I think Darkside was upset too.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

When Herb refused to tip at El Presidente, I took it as a physical assault and ass-rape. It doesn't matter how anyone else feels about it. Those are MY feelings. I think Darkside was upset too.

Well yeah cause I had to over tip to compensate. Who does that?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Haugh said the same thing this morning.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:

Haugh said the same thing this morning.

Haugh never stiffed me on a tip, but it is MY feeling that he's the dumbest guy who ever attended Ball State. Your opinion doesn't matter. That's MY feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Watching a little bit more of the Cubs stuff. But, they're dropping the ball in their direction. You can go big picture or game analysis. Now the Sox have high expectations squandered. I can see heavy game analysis. But heavy game analysis with throw away players on a tanking team is stupid. These guys aren't exactly Mike Norths personality wise so topic choice is crucial. The hosts have future employment hopes so they're treading lightly killing time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Only have taken in some Bears content, but you have to fast forward through 15-20 mins of the petite guy's brag about how hard they worked out, which apparently did very little to help them when they ran into Olin, who despite being twice their age allegedly bitch slapped one of them while the rest of the soy boys recoiled in horror.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Only have taken in some Bears content, but you have to fast forward through 15-20 mins of the petite guy's brag about how hard they worked out, which apparently did very little to help them when they ran into Olin, who despite being twice their age allegedly bitch slapped one of them while the rest of the soy boys recoiled in horror.

Yeah, they've been struggling to find an hour of content over the past few weeks. They obviously don't spend much time preparing. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:33 am 

Opportunity to watch Herb stiff service industry workers live.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:45 am 

Where else can you get content like this? Woke sports. What a concept.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i haven't consumed any of this product since the first week. olin was the only guy worth watching on there, and now he's gone for getting too high on the hoge. i don't know what the point is because with most sports i generally go in consume product and make my own opinions, so i don't need a group of people sitting there telling me what to think. that's dan bernstein's job. and last i checked he isn't on the CHGO webio platform. or my listening radar lately. years of lately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:46 am 

I imagine they will find some other former bear for name recognition before training camp starts. The problem is they have to find a guy willing to do it five times per week.

I think it would be a good move to see it they could team with WGN to get a Hamp/OB simulcast for a post game.

Their football coverage really should be expansive with a pre and a post, but that will take some hiring.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
To make a big splash like they did with such a generic product is curious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next