It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

He's doing this new "Webio" thing full time now. Whatever they call it.

He was on with Parkins and Spiegel on Friday to talk about it. He only had that WBBM job for a couple of months. That job never made sense to me. Didn't know exactly what it was he did there. Still, even if it was a bullshit job given to him by networking, it's still a legit company. Benefits, insurance, 401k and all that shit I'm sure.

But now he says this new job lets him be a beat reporter for the Blackhawks. Good time to jump on that train when they now suck. Our local papers don't cover the blackhawks. Our two sports radio stations don't cover the blackhawks. But Jay gets to do it for a city that doesn't care. I know they have a small cult following. The key word is small. Most of us only like them when they are good.

Jay seems like an nice guy. But he should have thought this thing out. He's got a wife and kid. I doubt this new web site has given anybody there guaranteed contracts. They're all probably month by month. It will crash and burn in a year. 2 years tops.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
A Blackhawks beat guy for a podcast that doesn't make any money. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
What a lot of these producers are not understanding, they are not hiring hosts that go to these small media schools.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Watched a guy on YouTube talk about how much he was making, but the guy actually had useable information on his channel, and he talked about how it took him years to generate enough followers to make any money, this was with a worldwide platform, how much can a guy doing a local podcast make?

Working as an AM radio producer seem akin to being a pony express rider as telegraph and rail were making mail delivery by horse obsolete.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Uncle Pete's
Beardown wrote:
He's doing this new "Webio" thing full time now. Whatever they call it.

He was on with Parkins and Spiegel on Friday to talk about it. He only had that WBBM job for a couple of months. That job never made sense to me. Didn't know exactly what it was he did there. Still, even if it was a bullshit job given to him by networking, it's still a legit company. Benefits, insurance, 401k and all that shit I'm sure.

But now he says this new job lets him be a beat reporter for the Blackhawks. Good time to jump on that train when they now suck. Our local papers don't cover the blackhawks. Our two sports radio stations don't cover the blackhawks. But Jay gets to do it for a city that doesn't care. I know they have a small cult following. The key word is small. Most of us only like them when they are good.

Jay seems like an nice guy. But he should have thought this thing out. He's got a wife and kid. I doubt this new web site has given anybody there guaranteed contracts. They're all probably month by month. It will crash and burn in a year. 2 years tops.

That was a shock. Is being a Blackhawks beat reporter a full time gig anyway? Especially with the season coming to an end? I know happiness is important, but having a steady job with a decent compensation package definitely contributes to the ability to be happy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Prediction....In 6 months, he announces that he's taken a position as media liaison for a public school system.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:34 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Augie wrote:
Prediction....In 6 months, he announces that he's taken a position as media liaison for a public school system.

That's what happened to Adam Harris. How much media liaison does a public school district need, anyway? Isn't that a job they would give to some kid's mom?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Well I hope he knows a good realtor who can sell his house before foreclosure when this new outfit inevitably goes under.

At least Webio started with people who could move a meter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I’m sure there’s a huge market for a hockey podcast centered around a cuckholded lisping oaf who hates the local hockey team imploring them to DO BETTER every week

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
badrogue17 wrote:
I’m sure there’s a huge market for a hockey podcast centered around a cuckholded lisping oaf who hates the local hockey team imploring them to DO BETTER every week

The worst thing is the idea of a daily hockey podcast centered around 1 team. I'm a Hawks fan and have no interest in one, even if it wasn't done by someone I don't like.

No individual team gives you enough content for a 5x a week podcast in any sport. Even baseball with daily games it would get tiring after the 3rd week and everything being said would be a repeat of something already said last week.

Look at the most successful hockey podcast out there, Spittin' Chicklets. They cover the entire league but only do 1-2x per week in order for the content to be fresh and interesting.

This is going to flop and do so hard. I'll bet Barstool Chief's postgame Twitter spaces that he does for shits and giggles will have more listeners than this podcast.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Zatwatski will come crawling back to The Score in 4 months

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:

I’m sure someone who hates what he has to say will hang on his every word and post about it online.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Well I hope he knows a good realtor who can sell his house before foreclosure when this new outfit inevitably goes under.

At least Webio started with people who could move a meter.

Plus Boom Boom Mancini.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
All the ..ski Score guys have to know the odds are against them. Has there ever been a Polish-Catholic regular day time host in all the Score's 30+ year history? Spiegel is Polish-Jewish I believe.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
vitoscotti wrote:
All the ..ski Score guys have to know the odds are against them. Has there ever been a Polish-Catholic regular day time host in all the Score's 30+ year history? Spiegel is Polish-Jewish I believe.

Again about the Jews with Vito...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:38 am 

The Score producer pool has always been a sanitarium for those afflicted with Peter Pan Syndrome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm surprised by the level animus the board has for a marginal figure like Jay Zawaski.

People ridiculed when he left the Score for WBBM because they thought that position was inconsequential and irrelevant; and now people are ridiculing him for leaving that same inconsequential and irrelevant position.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I don’t particularly care about Jay at all. Seems to be irresponsible going to some start up like this with a wife and young kid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tall Midget wrote:
I'm surprised by the level animus the board has for a marginal figure like Jay Zawaski.

People ridiculed when he left the Score for WBBM because they thought that position was inconsequential and irrelevant; and now people are ridiculing him for leaving that same inconsequential and irrelevant position.

Beardown could write a book on the janitor cleaning up after Danny Parkins failing to flush the toilet in the WSCR restroom.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
I don’t particularly care about Jay at all. Seems to be irresponsible going to some start up like this with a wife and young kid.

He seems to be well liked in the Chicago Audacy group, so I doubt he'll be unemployed for long if/when CHGO goes belly up. In the meantime, he'll apparently be collecting a higher salary than he was earning at WBBM--and working less.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He seems to be well liked in the Chicago Audacy group, so I doubt he'll be unemployed for long if/when CHGO goes belly up. In the meantime, he'll apparently be collecting a higher salary than he was earning at WBBM--and working less.

Good. Guys here made it sound he’d be making very little.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Augie wrote:

That's what happened to Adam Harris. How much media liaison does a public school district need, anyway? Isn't that a job they would give to some kid's mom?

I have a buddy who used to be the director of communications for a public school district in Missouri. He earned a surprisingly large salary, and the job wasn't that hard. I assume that a media liaison position provides a path to a more lucrative job like the one my friend had.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
All the recent Score producers who've had enough and left the Score have to be shaking their heads in dismay they can't jump over the worst group of hosts in the history of the station.

I'm sure many were blacklisted for future advancement when they first walked through the Score's doors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I think the pants wearing wife is the bread winner in the family, anyways

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

You got it wrong. I was mocking the job. Wasn't mocking Jay for taking it.

I thought it was a bullshit job that WBBM created. But corporations give bullshit jobs to people all the time. It was obviously a promotion and more money for him. So of course I don't blame him for taking it. Christ, I wish I could have a 9-5 job where I pretty much have nothing to do.

He should have kept that job. That's all I'm saying. He's too old to take risks. Especially with a wife and kid.

So now he's gonna be a blackhawks beat guy for this weird start up company. Shitty team. Nobody cares about them when they're shit. It's the wrong decision.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
He was in Jules' corner. That is why people shit on him and he probably deserves it because if you support Jules then there is something wrong with you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:02 am 
1000 CLUB

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
He was in Jules' corner. That is why people shit on him and he probably deserves it because if you support Jules then there is something wrong with you.

Ahhh, I see. I don't follow the Julie thread very closely.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Ahhh, I see. I don't follow the Julie thread very closely.

He's from the condescending know it all branch of Score employees.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
As someone who has played hockey, Jay Zawaski is not the guy to take hockey insight from. I'm glad he promotes the game, but generally has no idea. Just because you can post "Advanced Metrics" doesn't mean you know the game. Just like baseball, the players do not care or even look at Corsi etc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Just remembered this. Picked the worst time to be a Blackhawks beat writer.