It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The CHGO Bears Podcast will be streaming live at 11:00 AM CDT today.

Maybe the hosts will provide information about what transpired with Olin?

Here's the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuzfqSAkMPc.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
id be shocked if they did anything beyond mentioning hes no longer with the show

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:45 am 
1000 CLUB

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
id be shocked if they did anything beyond mentioning hes no longer with the show

I'm frankly surprised they tweeted that there was an incident at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Tall Midget wrote:

I'm frankly surprised they tweeted that there was an incident at all.

maybe a ploy to get more ppl to listen.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Some apologies will have to be offered when we find, indeed, Adam Hogg was stuffed in a locker.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Hoge just announced that Sam Mustipher will replace Olin as CHGO Bears Podcast co-host.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Some apologies will have to be offered when we find, indeed, Adam Hogg was stuffed in a locker.

I sure hope Hoge running to the courthouse is bullshit. He might well go dress shopping and find a matching purse.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:32 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I sure hope Hoge running to the courthouse is bullshit. He might well go dress shopping and find a matching purse.

You come at us with a fist, we come at you with a restraining order...THAT'S the SICP way!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:45 pm 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/5/3/2 ... -the-score

Quote:
Former Bears center Olin Kreutz grabbed the neck of CHGO colleague Adam Hoge in response to a flippant remark Monday, according to sources, costing Kreutz his analyst job at the sports-media startup.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Oh OK then. if it was a flippant remark, then what Mike Tyson said applies for sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

"Grabbed his neck" as in Olin tried to choke Hoge or as in Olin was playing with Hoge but may have been scary because he's Olin Kreutz?

And who reported this incident? Hoge? Or someone else?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:59 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/5/3/23055484/olin-kreutz-physically-assaulted-colleague-adam-hoge-chgo-chicago-bears-nbc-the-score

Quote:
Former Bears center Olin Kreutz grabbed the neck of CHGO colleague Adam Hoge in response to a flippant remark Monday, according to sources, costing Kreutz his analyst job at the sports-media startup.

Hoge cant be more than what? 175 lbs? Over a comment? What a loser, Kreutz is. Total chump.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:07 pm 

quick turnaround

Edit: kreutz had retweeted that tweet.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Snap your fingers, snap your neck

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
from the art
badrogue17 wrote:
Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Stuffing someone in a locker does not really sound like an "assault" but I guess there could be other details around such a story.

Really? Boys being boys?

Didn't Buffone "assault" Bernstein?

They worked it out. Bernstein didn't go crawling to a higher authority and make demands.

Every goddam dustup doesn't need to be treated like a catastrophe.

Doug was like a grandpa, and Olin is like an asshole neighbor or colleague.

Terry Boers is laughing right now. Terry knew what a pos Olin was back in his playing days and always called him out for it. Bernstein on the other hand, has embraced Olin's take on the current Bears, because it's convenient for his narrative about Bears ownership. The same goes for Holmes, Parkins and Spiegel. Olin hadn't changed. He was just a messenger that fit the SCORE agenda when it came to George and the Bears.

icle

"Kreutz has gained fame for his analysis of the Bears, for whom he played from 1998 to 2010. He has blossomed into a sharp, thoughtful critic of the team and has made regular appearances on 670 The Score and NBC Sports Chicago. He appeared on NBC 5’s “Sports Sunday” the night before the incident."

Uhm, no. No he hasn't.

He's a meatheaded bully, and that's why you hired him. Because he fit the the mold

This alleged assault may be proven wrong, but I really doubt it. And if you think Hoge is being a pussy then you are simply an idiot. Go put you hands around a coworker's neck and see what happens.

(I know, it happened in Junior High and it was no big deal.

Junior High was a long time ago moron.)

I was in those Bear's locker rooms and the dude was simply an asswipe...(not David Terrell asswipe, but asswipe enough)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:54 pm 

Exactly right. Some on the score used to talk about what a shit teammate Kreutz was - mostly when he was on his way out and to New Orleans. But, as soon as he was available and added as a Score contributor for shows, it was like it never happened.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

I was in those Bear's locker rooms and the dude was simply an asswipe...(not David Terrell asswipe, but asswipe enough)

You were in the Bears locker room? Why? Flesh this story out, so to speak.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

And what the fuck did David Terrel ever do to think he could be an asshole to anyone? At least Kreutz was good

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Exactly right. Some on the score used to talk about what a shit teammate Kreutz was - mostly when he was on his way out and to New Orleans. But, as soon as he was available and added as a Score contributor for shows, it was like it never happened.

Olin gave the media a hard time when he was a player. Why should we take them at their word when they disparage Olin as he is leaving town? Their remarks sound like they could easily be a case of "score settling", especially if one of the media members in question is the notoriously unreliable Terry Boers. Olin seems to be well liked among many of his former teammates, so it doesn't seem as though he was quite the "shit teammate" that you think he was.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:30 pm 

i dont disagree it could be some, ahem, Score settling on his way out. But they - Boers & Bernstein show specifically - would comment on Kreutz' behavior towards teammates/rookies; calling them homophobic slurs and getting into altercations in the locker room. Thats why im not shocked when I hear this story with Hoge.

My bringing that background up is to speak more to the hypocrisy of the station and hosts for just swallowing it since he was now a guest contributor. If they really had a problem with it to begin with, hold him responsible. But of course they wouldnt. More knee bending to the franchise a la Cubs radio partner we see now

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:49 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:57 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Freelance Field Producing for local station

This.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 4:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Completely insane.

As I said previously, Hoge and Kreutz seemed very chummy during the podcasts, so I'm surprised Olin targeted him instead of Moreano or DeWitt, whom he pretty clearly dislikes.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
I imagine the score/NBC shitcan him, which would be a shame.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
CTE, clearly too sensitive, and cowardly.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:

Yeah, likely a combo of that with years of hormone manipulation via steroids or testosterone injections, if anyone has been around college football players, you likely saw crap like this all the time as they raged about stupid crap. There is also a monumental difference in strength between guys like Hoge that brag about working out, but only do cardio and machines vs the dudes that hit the big boy free weight room, you combine that with the fact that Olin is a former pro athlete and was a state champion wrestler and you get a bad situation for a petite guy like Adam Hoge, and from what I've seen of CHGO, the rest of the dudes are tiny Bernstein/Parkins clones, so Hoge is lucky Olin didn't break his neck.

Several former players that suffered from CTE have been involved in violent incidents, and a few have committed suicide, so these guys are basically human ticking time bombs, will someone reach out to Kreutz and try to help him, or will they just cancel him? Surprised the NFL doesn't have a Neurology team that follows these type incidents and then goes out to work with the former players and their families to provide MRI or CT brain scans which would identify those at risk.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah, likely a combo of that with years of hormone manipulation via steroids or testosterone injections, if anyone has been around college football players, you likely saw crap like this all the time as they raged about stupid crap. There is also a monumental difference in strength between guys like Hoge that brag about working out, but only do cardio and machines vs the dudes that hit the big boy free weight room, you combine that with the fact that Olin is a former pro athlete and was a state champion wrestler and you get a bad situation for a petite guy like Adam Hoge, and from what I've seen of CHGO, the rest of the dudes are tiny Bernstein/Parkins clones, so Hoge is lucky Olin didn't break his neck.

Several former players that suffered from CTE have been involved in violent incidents, and a few have committed suicide, so these guys are basically human ticking time bombs, will someone reach out to Kreutz and try to help him, or will they just cancel him? Surprised the NFL doesn't have a Neurology team that follows these type incidents and then goes out to work with the former players and their families to provide MRI or CT brain scans which would identify those at risk.

I imagine the NFL is trying to avoid more lawsuits.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

I imagine the NFL is trying to avoid more lawsuits.

Almost could be a government mandate, you wanna keep your Antitrust protection, well then you will pony up to protect the public from the monsters you have created.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:20 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
I imagine the score/NBC shitcan him, which would be a shame.

Exactly why would that be a shame? Discouraging his physical assault, or his insipid analysis? The fuck have you ever heard from him that's new or informative?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next