It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

For itself. At that bar in Elk Grove. 6am to 6pm. July 20th.

Spiegel said North and Jiggetts will be there. He said Drinky will be there.

They didn't say Dan McNeil would be there. Mitch should have invited him. His radio crime wasn't that bad. I actually don't think it was a crime. Mitch needs to right this wrong and invite him. Put him on the air.

You guys going to this thing? I might pop in for a while and have a beer. It's not to far from me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I would totally go for no other reason than to see you and Drink together. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
I would totally go for no other reason than to see you and Drink together. :lol:

I didn't say I would introduce myself to anybody. I wouldn't. Just go there and blend into the crowd. Drinky would take a swing at me. I don't need that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I can't imagine a large turnout. Who would people want to see from that station who was at it now or still there?

Nobody on the air now would make anyone want to go and those still around, but not on air.

Mike North? No thank you. Mac, Nope. A bunch of 20-30 year old interns/producers? David Haugh? Old Bernstein?

In my mid 40s so probably not target market.

But are 20-30 year olds who podcast, youtube, etc. be the market? Maybe so. Don't know.

Sports radio is for sure in the crapper and I don't think it is the fault of the on air talent....its just run its course.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

cookie23 wrote:
I can't imagine a large turnout. Who would people want to see from that station who was at it now or still there?

Nobody on the air now would make anyone want to go and those still around, but not on air.

Mike North? No thank you. Mac, Nope. A bunch of 20-30 year old interns/producers? David Haugh? Old Bernstein?

In my mid 40s so probably not target market.

But are 20-30 year olds who podcast, youtube, etc. be the market? Maybe so. Don't know.

Sports radio is for sure in the crapper and I don't think it is the fault of the on air talent....its just run its course.

Yeah. It would be old guys 40 plus. But the bar still has it's regular crowd that would be there not knowing it's a SCORE party.

SCORE doesn't give a shit about the attendance. The bar does. And it will give them a boost on that day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:57 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
cookie23 wrote:

I disagree.

It's the talent. I can still listen to sports talk radio, if the talent is right. And not woke. And not strangled by the team(s) theyre coverin'.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:55 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The current Score hosts in a perfect world would have no involvement in a a Score anniversary party. They are to fun Score show memories from the past like what botulism is to tuna.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
The current Score hosts in a perfect world would have no involvement in a a Score anniversary party. They are to fun Score show memories from the past like what botulism is to tuna.

Owe a great deal of thanks to the current station lineup as they were so inept that it drove me to the podcast world where I have found and continue to find much more entertaining content, may have listened for 5 mins over the past month and that is only on the way to work for an update on last nights results.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I didn't say I would introduce myself to anybody. I wouldn't. Just go there and blend into the crowd. Drinky would take a swing at me. I don't need that.

Id sniff you out, i would never go though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:05 am 

In the past, these anniversary parties have always been more for the sponsors than for the fans. We have some threads from the past where the event was held at a place with two tiers with all the VIPs upstairs completely separated from the plebeians.

I just don't think the station has the kind of listener loyalty it had in the past, where they could fill a room with people unless they were giving something away for free. I wouldn't mind seeing and hearing the old guys again. I suppose Bernstein has a certain following.

I've long thought that they should open up some air time for the old guys but considering it further, most of them are pushing 70 now. Why would they want to come in to do 4 hours for some piddly $200 pay day?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Hopefully they play some clips of Larry & Goff saying "There it is!" when someone disagrees with them on social issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
In the past I did go to a Boers and Bernstein remote in early 2000's and it was a blast.

It was just fun and no one took themselves serious.

I could not imagine hearing Spiegel claim he is Mr. Good vibes when he is obviously a total mess with sensitivity, snarkiesm, and marriages. He used to say that with Mac and yes Mac sure didnt have his sh#t together, but those who lecture, usually are the worst at it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:34 pm 

cookie23 wrote:
In the past I did go to a Boers and Bernstein remote in early 2000's and it was a blast.

I could not imagine hearing Spiegel claim he is Mr. Good vibes when he is obviously a total mess with sensitivity, snarkiesm, and marriages. He used to say that with Mac and yes Mac sure didnt have his sh#t together, but those who lecture, usually are the worst at it.

I went to the Black hockey event Boers and Mac held in River North back in 96-97. Boers worked the hell out of the crowd and it was a blast as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Beardown wrote:
He said Drinky will be there.

Now people know where to serve their paternity suits.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Regular Reader wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

I went to the Black hockey event Boers and Mac held in River North back in 96-97. Boers worked the hell out of the crowd and it was a blast as well.

Remember Uncle Terry working the crowd in Platteville way back in the day at training camp, there were tons of people laughing and enjoying the show, that was back when the interaction between the hosts and the listeners was an integral part of the station.

It would seem that this type of live event would give the station a chance to differentiate itself a bit, but not sure if they have anyone on staff like North, Mac, or Boers that could work a crowd, you certainly couldn't do the insult type stuff they used to do, guys like Holmes would start crying if they did that, but in today's podcasty world you have to do something to separate your product and make it sound different from the thousands of people yakking about sports in their parents basement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:44 am 

Parkins said Twitch people get together as scoreheads at sox games. The world has evolved beyond us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Regular Reader wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

Was that at The Butcher Shop/Babe's?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:51 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

Was that at The Butcher Shop/Babe's?

No, iirc it was at the follow up to the old Limelight club.

But I was a regular at the Butcher Shop. I may have walked through Babe's once when they were wrapping up a show there once.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Regular Reader wrote:
But I was a regular at the Butcher Shop. I may have walked through Babe's once when they were wrapping up a show there once.

I loved The Butcher Shop, always a good meal...and some of my favorite Score commercials were reads by the Monsters and HFC.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Parkins said Twitch people get together as scoreheads at sox games. The world has evolved beyond us.

There is no such thing as a scorehead anymore. Let's be honest, the real reason they stopped doing remotes is that it would just be them in an empty bar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There is no such thing as a scorehead anymore. Let's be honest, the real reason they stopped doing remotes is that it would just be them in an empty bar

Fred did a remote from the feminine hygiene aisle at Walgreens
it's all about the WTW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:53 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bagels wrote:
Fred did a remote from the feminine hygiene aisle at Walgreens

I need some help!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:04 pm 

I once saw the HFC at Shoeless Joe’s (“because that’s how my ex-wife left me”) in Palatine. I went with a buddy of mine, and it was pretty crowded. Terry worked the room, and was smoking a cigar the entire time. I remember it as being a fun time—a bit raucous.

Years later I went into a Hooters and Loho was broadcasting there with some mediocre Bear’s player. That was not fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Loho always said the Downers Grove hooters location could Get it!

Hes such a liar.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:03 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
In the past, these anniversary parties have always been more for the sponsors than for the fans. We have some threads from the past where the event was held at a place with two tiers with all the VIPs upstairs completely separated from the plebeians.

The first "board outing" I went to was after a Cubs game I had gone to for MJH's show at one of the iterations of those bars on Clark that change every 3 years.

There literally was an "upper tier" about 4 steps up that was roped off. Behind the rope....a mafia-type booth front and center with bigfan, Mitch Cumstein, HHJ, and some other Score producers whose names I recognized at that time but have no idea who they are now.

bigfan was able to wave me up past the ropes. It was a very humorous experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The first "board outing" I went to was after a Cubs game I had gone to for MJH's show at one of the iterations of those bars on Clark that change every 3 years.

There literally was an "upper tier" about 4 steps up that was roped off. Behind the rope....a mafia-type booth front and center with bigfan, Mitch Cumstein, HHJ, and some other Score producers whose names I recognized at that time but have no idea who they are now.

bigfan was able to wave me up past the ropes. It was a very humorous experience.

Did you feel better or worse about yourself after getting that crowd’s VIP treatment?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It's not possible for me to feel better about myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
According to Parkins, Peoria Matt will be there. Please report back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm not gonna go. I shouldn't have announced that I might go. I fucked up in doing that.

When board members/SCORE people see somebody that is alone, they might figure it's me and take a picture.

Most people go to bars with people. I'd be the only one alone. I'd be an easy mark.

Not just worried about a picture of me, but I'm also worried about an assassination attempt on me. I can't take that risk. So don't bring the gun, drinky and Goff. I won't be there.

This isn't about me. I'm thinking about my hookers. If I were to be killed, it would be a HUGE financial loss for them. That's why I won't go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Beardown wrote:
I'm not gonna go. I shouldn't have announced that I might go. I fucked up in doing that.

When board members/SCORE people see somebody that is alone, they might figure it's me and take a picture.

Most people go to bars with people. I'd be the only one alone. I'd be an easy mark.

Not just worried about a picture of me, but I'm also worried about an assassination attempt on me. I can't take that risk. So don't bring the gun, drinky and Goff. I won't be there.

This isn't about me. I'm thinking about my hookers. If I were to be killed, it would be a HUGE financial loss for them. That's why I won't go.

Are you The Score enemy number 1 or something? You're really nervous about getting doxxed there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next