It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Article talks about NY and Philly, but let's see if they fire Rick Camp yet again.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2022/08/wfan-wip-bracing-for-possible-layoffs.html?outputType=amp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
The audacity of Audacity!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:49 am 

Wasn't there just a discussion here about how strong the Philly and New York sports stations were?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
billypootons wrote:

I was about to post the same thing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 am 

billypootons wrote:

Stupid fucking Android phone 'spell check."

On the other hand, Audacity would still have been a better name than the POS they actually picked.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I was about to post the same thing.

I think they talked about just those two stations because it is a NJ paper. I suspect the cuts will be broad based across all their markets.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
As I was driving and listening to 1250 in Milwaukee today they suddenly cut to Amy Lawrence at 2. That was apparently a wrap on the entire local on air staff. Their schedule is now all national bullshit. I can't fucking wait to listen to zach gelb tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Leery might get a paycut down to 6 figures

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
As I was driving and listening to 1250 in Milwaukee today they suddenly cut to Amy Lawrence at 2. That was apparently a wrap on the entire local on air staff. Their schedule is now all national bullshit. I can't fucking wait to listen to zach gelb tomorrow morning.

She still has a job in broadcasting?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:40 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
As I was driving and listening to 1250 in Milwaukee today they suddenly cut to Amy Lawrence at 2. That was apparently a wrap on the entire local on air staff.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Radio: maybe not the cruelest industry, but the dumbest of the cruel industries.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:46 pm 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2022/08/16/fan-1250-am-sports-talk-milwaukee-ends-local-programming/10342938002/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 pm 

I still can't believe TMJ lost the Packers after like a jillion years. That's as big as WGN losing the Cubs or KMOX losing the Cardinals (they came back).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:13 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2022/08/16/fan-1250-am-sports-talk-milwaukee-ends-local-programming/10342938002/

I'm shocked that Milwaukee was able to support 3 sports talk stations. We only have two here and I'm pretty sure only about 10 people listen to ESPN Radio in this city.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mitch Rosen took over dual roles of program director of the Score and the Fan Milwaukee in 2019. The Fans demise coupled with the Scores downward spiral can't look too good on his resume. I really think it's time to shut down the Score locally too. It'd open the door for a new fresher local sports radio venture and we'd be rid of current local Score hosts hopefully forever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Leery might get a paycut down to 6 figures

Pairing him with the Grim Reaper of sports talk show hosts careers know as Dan Bernstein is likely the coup de grace for Larry Holmes...it will just be a matter of time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Douchebag wrote:

I'm shocked that Milwaukee was able to support 3 sports talk stations. We only have two here and I'm pretty sure only about 10 people listen to ESPN Radio in this city.

That also might be the size of The Score's current audience.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:42 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Mitch Rosen took over dual roles of program director of the Score and the Fan Milwaukee in 2019. The Fans demise coupled with the Scores downward spiral can't look too good on his resume. I really think it's time to shut down the Score locally too. It'd open the door for a new fresher local sports radio venture and we'd be rid of current local Score hosts hopefully forever.

No, it would mean more BetQL nonsense.

It's interesting that Audacy is giving up the Bears, and that iHeart is competing against ESPN 1000/Good Karma by using one of its music stations. When the Cubs' deal is up, I think that will be the end of the Score, they'll let that go and then go national or go general talk soon after that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:27 pm 

Maybe as part of their move to Arlington Heights, the Bears will go to 92.7. Jeff Joniak and Dance Factory, together at last.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:38 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

The world is definitely changing. The working class is mostly millenials now, and even they are aging out to genzies. None of these fucking people give any shits about anything other than Instagram and TikTok posts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:43 pm 

And true crime podcasts.