It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Stock price was on a wild earnings day ride yesterday. Dropping like a lead balloon after being up 80% after hours.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Why is this stock still listed?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:29 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
I imagine we'll hear about radio dying right up to the point hipsters think its cool again, like vinyl records.

Wouldn't we be the hipsters in your scenario?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:54 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I imagine we'll hear about radio dying right up to the point hipsters think its cool again, like vinyl records.

I'm like the old lady at Studio 54

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm like the old lady at Studio 54

I suggest you invest in a humidifier.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:16 am 

In 2 days.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
This won't help. Car makers are starting to remove AM radio from their new cars.

https://www.insideradio.com/free/broadc ... 15180.html

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
This won't help. Car makers are starting to remove AM radio from their new cars.

Oh no! How will people in Iowa listen to the cubs?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Franky T wrote:

I’ve had a clock radio in my bathroom forever—keeps me on time in the morning and provides background noise. It’s been set to the Score. Well, it died, so I needed a new one. New one has FM and Bluetooth only. I’m not ongoing to deal with streaming in the morning, so it’s now on XRT.

May not seem like a big deal, but if you can’t get AM in cars and radios, the loss in listeners will add up over time.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Delisting process in motion.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/05/n ... udacy.html

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

A 10x stock split? Isn't that what it would take to get to a dollar? It would just tank again. Might be better off just delisting.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Anyone catch Dan Bernstein doing commercials urging congress to require car manufacturers to include AM radios in all of their new cars. For a guy who loves to make fun of crusty old white guys he isn't very progressive when it comes to new innovations in audio devices.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:07 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Anyone catch Dan Bernstein doing commercials urging congress to require car manufacturers to include AM radios in all of their new cars. For a guy who loves to make fun of crusty old white guys he isn't very progressive when it comes to new innovations in audio devices.
Guy working in AM radio wants his AM radio show to be heard in cars. What a jerk.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:15 am 

AM radio will be heard in cars. Fact check false.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:16 am 

Nardi wrote:

I have no clue what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:18 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I have no clue what you are talking about.

I'm sorry you can't follow along.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Brick wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Guy working in AM radio wants his AM radio show to be heard in cars. What a jerk.

I know, it's just fun calling out Bernstein when you know he has to do something for the company that he probably despises. I remember during COVID he had to do a commercial for newsmax because no one was advertising lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Quote:
O'Donnell:

• • •

UPDATING MONTHLY NIELSEN AUDIOS on Chicago's two laggard sports talk radio stations is like monitoring car-by-car I-PASS deductions on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway.

It's numbing. It's repetitive. It's about as exciting as Dan Bernstein doing the one-man "An Evening with Barry Schenk" at the Northlight Theatre.

For the 3,000th month, according to the May report released this week, Mitch Rosen and WSCR-AM (670) lolled home 13th in the market.

ESPN-AM (1000) -- the default new radio home of the pounds-foolish Bears -- waddled in tied for 23rd.

Both stations add new dimension to the word "turgid." Their combined fresh numbers -- "The Score," 2.9; AM-1000, 1.6 -- are more than matched by single sports talk powerhouses in other major markets.

Among them: KTCK-AM in Dallas-Fort Worth (#1 with a 6.6), WBZ-FM in Boston (#1 with an 8.3) and WXYT-FM in Detroit (#2 with a 7.6).

In tandem, the two Chicago sports talk bores are a compelling argument why global auto manufacturers should never again put AM radios in cars

What's this guy's deal? Was he passed over for part time score hosting duties 16 years ago?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
billypootons wrote:
Quote:
O'Donnell:

• • •

UPDATING MONTHLY NIELSEN AUDIOS on Chicago's two laggard sports talk radio stations is like monitoring car-by-car I-PASS deductions on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway.

It's numbing. It's repetitive. It's about as exciting as Dan Bernstein doing the one-man "An Evening with Barry Schenk" at the Northlight Theatre.

For the 3,000th month, according to the May report released this week, Mitch Rosen and WSCR-AM (670) lolled home 13th in the market.

ESPN-AM (1000) -- the default new radio home of the pounds-foolish Bears -- waddled in tied for 23rd.

Both stations add new dimension to the word "turgid." Their combined fresh numbers -- "The Score," 2.9; AM-1000, 1.6 -- are more than matched by single sports talk powerhouses in other major markets.

Among them: KTCK-AM in Dallas-Fort Worth (#1 with a 6.6), WBZ-FM in Boston (#1 with an 8.3) and WXYT-FM in Detroit (#2 with a 7.6).

In tandem, the two Chicago sports talk bores are a compelling argument why global auto manufacturers should never again put AM radios in cars

What's this guy's deal? Was he passed over for part time score hosting duties 16 years ago?

Maybe, but he's not wrong. Going back to 2017-18, I spent a lot of time in Dallas-Fort Worth. I can assure you KTCK-AM was WAY better than WSCR or ESPN 1000. Their on-air staff actually talked sports and didn't take themselves too seriously. It was good entertainment. Something WSCR forgot about a long time ago.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: The late Red Holzman
billypootons wrote:
Quote:
O'Donnell:

• • •

I couldn't have "said" it better.

This guy.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
billypootons wrote:
Quote:
O'Donnell:

• • •

He makes a good point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
I'm not arguing his points, it's just written like it's coming from a spurned lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Even 25+ years ago when I had to spend way too much time in the Detroit-Ann Arbor market it killed Chicago. They multiple better sports stations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:29 am 

Jim O'Donnell's hatred of the current Score trash is warranted and even admirablre. But, puzzling is his equating in ESPN 1000 in his harsh critiques of the vile Score. Espn 1000 uses a totally different programming model than the Score's sjw agenda and mandating hosts opinions. Other than shill Kap the hosts though not perfect speak more freely and give more truthful analysis on various subjects than the Score's cesspool of sjw and mandated opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:58 am 

I can verify Detroit sports talk is surprisingly good. Their college and pro football game days are as good as anywhere I have heard. I can understand with a team like UM who is good-great every year with a huge and interested alumni base.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Will be interesting if being the Bears new flagship does anything for WMVP.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
In Raleigh they just whacked their afternoon drive time pair, one guy had been in the market for 13 years, the other about the same but with the local paper for all but the last three. Replaced for now by two of the producers - think of Parkins and Spiegel being replaced by Shane Riordan and Ray Diaz.

So now there is only one show that is locally produced but it's a statewide syndicated show from 12-3. Being statewide, it's 60% ACC, and equal parts Hurricanes, Panthers, MMA, and other national sports. I like the host and the producer/sidekick, and the sidekick is a Cub fan for some reason, but it's not content I care about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
See that ESPN is launching a gambling venture.

It seems the gambling people would be the most likely ones to be dumpster diving for local AM sports yakkers, the WSCR brand does have some name recognition and with a total rehaul where they get away from the repetitive SJW content you find on ESPN and WSCR every single day and into more personality driven unique content built around live play by play makes at least some sense.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Clawmaster wrote:
See that ESPN is launching a gambling venture.

It seems the gambling people would be the most likely ones to be dumpster diving for local AM sports yakkers, the WSCR brand does have some name recognition and with a total rehaul where they get away from the repetitive SJW content you find on ESPN and WSCR every single day and into more personality driven unique content built around live play by play makes at least some sense.

The Score will be fine regardless and your snowflake whining will continue to give you a reason to post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next