It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I haven't listened in a couple of months, the last time I was in town was a weekend and I had music going in the car most of the time.

Have they finally given up and gone national from 7pm-6am during the week? If not, those seem like the obvious cuts for the near term. If so, then the non-Bears weekend programming is likely to be trimmed back, and someone like Bruce Levine is probably going to be a casualty. Especially if Audacy decides not to go after renewing the Cubs contract when it is up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I will read the conference call transcript and see what the plan is. They just keep talking about digital so they are betting heavy on that. They took a modest restructuring charge and a huge impairment loss. But there were no details in the release about job losses. That will probably be outlined on the call. Their quarterly filing has not been released yet either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
I will read the conference call transcript and see what the plan is. They just keep talking about digital so they are betting heavy on that. They took a modest restructuring charge and a huge impairment loss. But there were no details in the release about job losses. That will probably be outlined on the call. Their quarterly filing has not been released yet either.

Maybe when they say digital they keep some form of terrestrial pairings as podcasts. Or they give up on land locked markets and make it all online and ultra available? No idea. I do think though that whoever Bernsie is at every station should worry they are the last of the big contracts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:17 pm 

BTW, any analyst that consulted for Audacy should be tarred and feathered for not eliminating the Mitch Lawrence conflict.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I finally just uninstalled the horrible broken app. The angry listener's comments who can't listen to their shows and podcasts the Audacy "Big Kahuna" fails to mention.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This company went deep into debt to buy an enormous quantity of major-market terrestrial stations and their road to profitability is "we'll have an app"? In the immortal words of Casey Kasem, this is bullshit. Nobody cares!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
All I wanted to do just now was play back a clip where a caller destroyed Parkins for a bad sports thought. I wasn't even using the broken mobile app, this was a link on a fucking computer, and it didn't work. It just loaded infinitely. All of the links load infinitely. How can a company exclusively selling audio be unable to figure out how to upload an audio file and have be usable with a boilerplate UI? Is Audacy just some money laundering bullshit for another zombie eyed VC?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:07 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The app is so fucking bad!

I'm listening to the conference call. They start off bragging about becoming a bigger player in podcasting but then admit minutes later that "podcasting had a rough quarter and was down 23 percent"

- The CEO keeps talking about economic "head winds". Most analysts are expecting a recession in 2023 so it's only going to get worse.

- CEO "doesn't understand" why advertising spend is much better in small markets compared to bigger markets.

- CEO keeps going back to the point "if the recession isn't severe I think we'll be ok"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:21 am 

How ironic the CEO is hanging his hat on a perpetually broken digital platform. Even in the rarest of instances rewind works you cant fast forward commercials without the app or station player crashing. Android reviewers complain about that they're forced to use this exclusive platform or give up their shows or podcasts. Then the developers omitted Android auto as a feature for driving listeners a lot going to and from work. What an apparently unfixable mess.

Who if the Score makes major cuts what hosts would espn 1000 be interested in hiring? I'm thinking hosts and fill ins who don't have a sjw stench like Mulli, Grote or ZZ. I would think espn 1000 would want no part of the sjw hosts especially Larry Holmes who would try to commandeer the station for his agenda of hate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:53 am 

The call was,” we are better than our pre-Covid operation even though are results are much worse”. They are definitely worried about liquidity and satisfying the creditors. To that end, they are selling off properties. The digital bet is big and real. The decline in terrestrial is killing them.

Strangely, they did not outline job cuts on the call. I thought they were going to present a formal plan at this release. I saw none of that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
How ironic the CEO is hanging his hat on a perpetually broken digital platform. Even in the rarest of instances rewind works you cant fast forward commercials without the app or station player crashing. Android reviewers complain about that they're forced to use this exclusive platform or give up their shows or podcasts. Then the developers omitted Android auto as a feature for driving listeners a lot going to and from work. What an apparently unfixable mess.

Who if the Score makes major cuts what hosts would espn 1000 be interested in hiring? I'm thinking hosts and fill ins who don't have a sjw stench like Mulli, Grote or ZZ. I would think espn 1000 would want no part of the sjw hosts especially Larry Holmes who would try to commandeer the station for his agenda of hate.

See the same problem throughout the entertainment industry, where there is more of an effort to put out what they think is socially relevant content that they completely unable to recognize that the actual content they are producing only appeals to maybe 10% of the audience, and in WSCR's case, maybe 5% of the potential listening audience.

WSCR ignores a massive potential listening audience every day by choice, they would rather fail than take the chance on being different, and that is the problem with the SWJ content, it eventually runs out of money as people lose interest, and you have alienated huge swaths of the unwashed masses who will never come back, so you are by choice putting out content that appeals to a miniscule audience.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:22 am 

Bernstein, Leila & Larry Holmes continually mock White people using insulting dialects. Bernstein yesterday mocked Darren Bailey using a dimwit White farmers voice. If a White person mocked the 3 losers ethnic voices they'd be up in arms. And this no less is on supposedly sports radio.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:41 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein, Leila & Larry Holmes continually mock White people using insulting dialects. Bernstein yesterday mocked Darren Bailey using a dimwit White farmers voice. If a White person mocked the 3 losers ethnic voices they'd be up in arms. And this no less is on supposedly sports radio.

I heard that. Surprising coming from a show that should be trying to appeal broadly. Instead the old tired south of I-80 crap.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Dominos
Random things:
Does Laurence know that he is paid about 1/4 -1/3 of all of the other daytime hosts?
And he deserves every penny!!!
Does Mitch realize that Mully cannot speak without a thousand uhs, ohs, ahs and apparently can't read based on the commercials I hear? Seems like a smart guy, but I would think a broadcaster should be able to communicate in an efficient way.

Also, who is Gabe Ramirez and is he a real person or some character? I honestly can't tell.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:19 pm 

Wonder how many Audacy employees have company stock, stock bonuses, or employee stock options they got in double digits now around 30¢? The state of the company is an off limits topic for hosts for sure. Now there'd be some great content if it was discussed and took phones calls on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:45 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Wonder how many Audacy employees have company stock, stock bonuses, or employee stock options they got in double digits now around 30¢? The state of the company is an off limits topic for hosts for sure. Now there'd be some great content if it was discussed and took phones calls on.

Reading the filing, they mainly use restricted stock and not stock options. There are 6.6 million shares of restricted stock out to employees. There is only 609,000 stock options with an average exercise price over $11/share.

For on air employees, they use rating bonuses as the main form of incentive compensation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:55 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

As perpetually angry as you seem to be, why do you listen?

Honestly why do you bother to even watch sports? All you seem to do is complain about the participants.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:35 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Honestly why do you bother to even watch sports? All you seem to do is complain about the participants.

Not all the participants, if you know what I mean...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:46 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Why are YOU so unhappy? You don't see me getting into daylong arguing matches here like you and your ilk. Major indices are hovering +5%. Be happy!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:48 pm 

My ilk?!? I expected nothing less from you. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:39 am 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Audacy just made cuts in Boston, made easier because Joe Castiglione was looking to trim back to a half schedule because he's in his mid-70s and the Red Sox are going to be crap for a while.

Net is an afternoon and an evening host cut, and another host demoted to a lesser time slot.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/local/weei-announces-programming-shuffle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
~$33m market cap right now. Maybe one of the wealthy members of the bored could pull a Musk, buy it and remake 670 in CFMB’s image.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hasn't EEI been slowly dying for the past ten years? Ever since WBZ-FM went sports, the line on EEI has been that it's just for old racists who live in the past. Of course, they're both Boston stations, so the other one must just be for young racists who live in the present. Anyway, it hasn't been a crown jewel of Entercom's portfolio in years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:35 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
vitoscotti wrote:

As somebody whose been alive for 32 years and lived 30 in central Illinois the Suth of I-80 thing is unfortunately true. So many dumb farmers and inbreds down there. Darren Bailey is an ass bag so making fun of him is totally understandable. At this point if you're mad at people making fun of how dumb Illinois is besides the college towns like Bloomington, Champaign, etc then you're an idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nicklin3011 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

As somebody whose been alive for 32 years and lived 30 in central Illinois the Suth of I-80 thing is unfortunately true. So many dumb farmers and inbreds down there. Darren Bailey is an ass bag so making fun of him is totally understandable. At this point if you're mad at people making fun of how dumb Illinois is besides the college towns like Bloomington, Champaign, etc then you're an idiot.

Interesting take, always found the WSCR hosts making fun of the central Illinois farmers odd given that while the farmers did not go to Duke, they do work in a far more important industry than the WSCR hosts, and I highly doubt the WSCR hosts would last more than a few hours as farmers, so it all is basically an odd attempt at some sort of cultural elitism.

The WSCR hosts seem to have a need to talk themselves into believing they are superior to other groups, this type of insecurity is common amongst folks that work in the entertainment industry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:24 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
The WSCR hosts seem to have a need to talk themselves into believing they are superior to other groups, this type of insecurity is common amongst folks that work in the entertainment industry.

Isn't that the essence of the woke/liberal state though?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:41 pm 

A first that there doesn't appear to be any live local talk on a Christmas day on the Score or espn1000. Score local overnight is pretty much gone. If the Score would go to 4 hours local daily that would be sufficient. That would trim away most of the hosts and give plenty of time for interviews.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:49 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
A first that there doesn't appear to be any live local talk on a Christmas day on the Score or espn1000. Score local overnight is pretty much gone. If the Score would go to 4 hours local daily that would be sufficient. That would trim away most of the hosts and give plenty of time for interviews.

The stations appreciate that you tuned in to check out their content. Or did you just walk into a room and the stations were already on?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Clawmaster wrote:

the hosts have a common perceived enemy. wherever the map is red, that's where the enemy resides.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next