It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jason Goff with Larry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:54 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Caught 10 minutes of the Score yesterday at noon with Goff on with Larry and Leila with Anthony Herron in studio. What a racist 15 minutes of crap that was. You can't even understand Goff as he talks jive the whole time and starts hating on white people due to Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce relationship. Now I get why they fired him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Hire Jason Goff back immediately!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:32 am 

Nardi wrote:

Is host with a regular daypart on the score a better gig than bulls pre and post local tv host? I would think the score pay for a day slot is better and radio gets more consumers, except when the bulls are great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. Score prime time pays more then bulls pre and post. Plus the bulls gig is only 80 days of work over 6 months. What the hell does Goff do for the 6 month off season. I know he does a podcast but that can’t pay much. He’s just one of 2 million sports podcasts. And I’ve heard both Larry and Goff crying on the score that nobody listens to their shot. What does he do. One podcast a week?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Is host with a regular daypart on the score a better gig than bulls pre and post local tv host? I would think the score pay for a day slot is better and radio gets more consumers, except when the bulls are great.

you are correct sir!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:15 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are correct sir!!!

any idea what kind of salary goff could be pulling down for that gig? It can't be six figures. Livable. On the other hand, Garfein seems to live ok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are correct sir!!!

any idea what kind of salary goff could be pulling down for that gig? It can't be six figures. Livable. On the other hand, Garfein seems to live ok

Think $75K tops

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:28 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are correct sir!!!

What are Score hosts making these days? Isn't the daily audience for Bernstein's show fewer than 75,000 across all demographics? What is the audience size for Goff's Bulls stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:31 am 

Lmao I make twice as much money as Jason goff and I don't have real NBA players making fun of my socks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are correct sir!!!

What are Score hosts making these days? Isn't the daily audience for Bernstein's show fewer than 75,000 across all demographics? What is the audience size for Goff's Bulls stuff?

75,000 is a bigger number than I would have guessed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: What??
BD wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are correct sir!!!

75,000 is a bigger number than I would have guessed.

I'd guess 10,000.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:17 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are correct sir!!!

The hosts in the three prime slots still have to make pretty healthy salaries with Bernstein the top. The don't make the nearly two million North made at his height or even the 800k he rejected. I'd say Bernstein, Mully and Parkins are all in the 300s, and Haugh, Sir and Spiegs are all in the very high 100s. That's based on nothing, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:25 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

you are correct sir!!!

Think $75K tops

remember all those years ago when he laughed at the idea of being a chicago fireman?

He'd be higher paid, with an easier schedule and on his way to retirement right now. Hell, I bet he'd even be able to work it where he could have a side job in entertainment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff does his podcast as part of The Ringer. That is probably better than Holmes doing the 'House of L" on his own, but, there are podcasts everywhere on every topic, etc. I can't imagine most people make any meaningful money doing those with the exception of maybe the top 5% of those. It feels like more of a resume builder than an actual job.