It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
BD wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Competition for NPR?

The left-wing echo chamber is a crowded place, and the SJW's on WSCR are already willing and dedicated soldiers, so it seems like a massive waste of money.

Maybe Soros is afraid Trump would defund NPR and wants to make protect the left-wing brand by launching his own version of NPR?

It certainly would open up a huge guest list for Pat chat with on Cubs broadcasts, "we are joined by (insert Soros candidate) who is running for (insert political office), now Matt Spiegel and I noticed your position on (insert left wing talking point) and would like you to expand on that".

Talk about a wet dream for lil' Danny Bernstein, he can now say he works for Soros while hanging out with his fellow SJW's.

The last nail has been hammered into the coffin of the once entertaining AM radio station known as WSCR.

You do realize that the neoliberal identity politics that WSCR hosts like Parkins and Bernstein have adopted are simply reflections of the ideological position of their employer, right?

It wasn't too long ago that Bernstein cohosted a show specializing in all forms of "politically incorrect" humor. That brand of humor changed with new station ownership and new corporate values. Bernstein and Parkins haven't formulated a political agenda; they are simply echoing one.

Additionally, it hardly seems that the "left-wing" (by which I think you actually mean culturally liberal and economically conservative, so the correct term to describe the ideology of the media class would be "neoliberal identity politics"; please use it in the future in deference to the fact that there is nothing inherently leftist about the dominant corporate ideology of our time) media echo chamber is any more crowded than the "right-wing" echo chamber given the popularity and reach of Fox and Sinclair.

Finally, Trump tried to rescind federal funding for NPR and failed miserably, so I doubt Soros is harboring any particular concerns about Trump's return to power in the area of public broadcasting (though he likely dislikes Trump for other reasons). If anything, Soros recognizes that NPR has increasingly become a voice of centrist orthodoxy given its heavy reliance on corporate underwriting. It would therefore seem more likely that he is trying to counter the rightward ideological drift of the media landscape than anything else.

Bernstein/Holmes show is littered with far left talking points off/on throughout their shows. I don't think Parkins/Spiegal are nearly that bad, but they will go there from time to time. There is also plenty of far right shows, but I don't know of many that do that in the prism of a sports talk show.

Such as?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Apparently you missed Bernstein’s diatribe on how the AH proles need to seize Arlington Park from the bourgeois McCaskey clan.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Peter Puck wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
According to the people here, the Trumpers owning the Cubs are going to allow lefties in the broadcast booth for propaganda purposes during the games. Interesting takes.

Interesting take, guess you have missed the awkward 7th inning stretch interviews over the past....20 years or so?

Seems there have been a few times things went off the rails a bit, not sure the Trib was with Ditka and Mongo's behavior back in the day, maybe they were Trumpers when Trumping wasn't cool?

Now turn to page 25 in your hymnal and say "Orange Man Bad" 30 times to absolve from the sin of actually acknowledging a satirical post.

Well, I guess I can now expect to hear James Carville bashing Trumpism during the 7th Inning this year.

Pay attention bro, Carville is already off the bandwagon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:06 am 

denisdman wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
my best guess is that pat is an R. grew up in sunny cal. during california's R heyday. delves into capitalistic endeavors and loves $$. nostalgic for an era that has been smeared in recent years. family man. had fun with the word snowflake. i've never gotten one hint that he believes the western world is and will always be unfair to perpetual malcontents. smart enough not to run his mouth about politics on wgn radio.

yes on daniel from deerfield.

I remember when Senor said Hughes was "too homespun" and that he preferred the play-by-play of Ed Farmer.

Senor was spot on.

Farmer is trash, and Pat is rightly an HoF'er.

Not surprising that he would want the Syracuse grad type play-by-play, many of the entitled crowd sees the Syracuse grad type national approach to local play-by-play as more evolved, but it really just is an effort to prevent local broadcasters from holding players and management accountable. It really leads to a dull product where all of the play-by-play guys sound exactly the same, kind of like they are trying to mimic an ESPN Sunday night production.

It really does not work for local broadcasts, you want "homespun", after all you are invested in the team and want information of the players.

You look back at the regional following the Cubs with Harry Caray doing a very locally focused broadcast on WGN during the superstation cable era, or the regional radio network the Cardinals build, they were based on a unique local broadcast.

The sox had a quirky booth with Harry and Piersall for a few years, people still talk about those guys, nobody will remember Boobs Chiambi and the former Astros guy that do Cubs stuff now in a few years, in fact nobody knows who they are and the product is mind numbingly tedious if you choose to put the effort in to find the local broadcast.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Farmer - What was that?
DJ - Forkball

What can be more homespun than an ex-pitcher PBP never knowing what pitch is thrown and the color guy refusing to use the modern term for a pitch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Don Orsillo of the Padres TV broadcast does a really good job of being fine at the actual play by play as well as being able to have a personality that is while not homespun is still conversational. He was beloved by Red Sox fans after he did 15 years of PBP there, got fired, and was hired by the Padres to replace Dick Enberg. Some Red Sox fans are still upset about this.

Orsillo went to Northeastern, so that's about as close to being a Bridgeport Chicagoan as a New Englander can be.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:34 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Don Orsillo of the Padres TV broadcast does a really good job of being fine at the actual play by play as well as being able to have a personality that is while not homespun is still conversational. He was beloved by Red Sox fans after he did 15 years of PBP there, got fired, and was hired by the Padres to replace Dick Enberg. Some Red Sox fans are still upset about this.

Orsillo went to Northeastern, so that's about as close to being a Bridgeport Chicagoan as a New Englander can be.

Is he as good as Jason Benetti of the Detroit Tigers?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
According to the people here, the Trumpers owning the Cubs are going to allow lefties in the broadcast booth for propaganda purposes during the games. Interesting takes.

Interesting take, guess you have missed the awkward 7th inning stretch interviews over the past....20 years or so?

Seems there have been a few times things went off the rails a bit, not sure the Trib was with Ditka and Mongo's behavior back in the day, maybe they were Trumpers when Trumping wasn't cool?

Now turn to page 25 in your hymnal and say "Orange Man Bad" 30 times to absolve from the sin of actually acknowledging a satirical post.

Well, I guess I can now expect to hear James Carville bashing Trumpism during the 7th Inning this year.

Carville is off the anti-Trumpism bandwagon? Now you are just doubling down on a dumb take.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nothing wrong with being on the left. I am on the left and yes will vote for Joe Biden.

But I am a moderate and can say Biden is old and not with it and I am voting for a party.

I can also say I cannot stand people like JB Pritzker who is just a snake trust fund baby who has never had a hard day.

Difference is I think Holmes and Parkins would agree, Spiegs I think is really far left, but leaves that at the door.

Bernstein, he want AWOL years ago and he is the Dan Proft of the far right for the far left.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

Carville is off the anti-Trumpism bandwagon? Now you are just doubling down on a dumb take.

Keep up son, Carville has gone off the Reservation by actually questioning Biden's approach on a few issues.

Forget how poorly read the members here are from time to time, especially the lefties who only read echo chamber stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:20 am 

cookie23 wrote:
Nothing wrong with being on the left. I am on the left and yes will vote for Joe Biden.

But I am a moderate and can say Biden is old and not with it and I am voting for a party.

I can also say I cannot stand people like JB Pritzker who is just a snake trust fund baby who has never had a hard day.

Difference is I think Holmes and Parkins would agree, Spiegs I think is really far left, but leaves that at the door.

Bernstein, he want AWOL years ago and he is the Dan Proft of the far right for the far left.

Appreciate your honesty. One guy here says Biden is the best President of his lifetime. Of course, this same guy came out of a life long coma about 3-1/2 years ago and no one yet has taught him how to trim a beard. ehh, who knows, maybe he's a civil war re-enactor. Pretty easy for the black guys. Their regiment gets sent in first, they all die, then have plenty of time to go get lunch. I read Lovie Smith retired and was a colonel in the 54th Massachusetts. He was late for dinner because the rebels captured him. Obviously, he retired from that too. Said it didn't seem much like 'reenactment'. More like 'enactment'.

later,
nardu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
:D

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

Keep up son, Carville has gone off the Reservation by actually questioning Biden's approach on a few issues.

Forget how poorly read the members here are from time to time, especially the lefties who only read echo chamber stuff.

So that means he is supporting Trumpism?
Hopefully you read the prescriptions for the medicines you are dishing out as a nurse better than you read here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5