It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:21 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Danny " from the mean streets of Austin !!" Parkins taken to the woodshed by Bruce Wolf

Yep Bruce is just gonna run scared now that Glencoe tough guy Danny Parkins who helped to feed the people of Austin and Im sure has spent many hours there since his radiothon called him out

Welp. " Just cmon down to Austin and tell those kids to their face they dont want to eat healthy food dude !! I dare you !! "

Ignorant comments about the poor and a stated willingness to go to a grocery store qualifies as "getting taken to the woodshed"? :lol:

Everyone wants to eat healthy but nobody does. That's what working out is for. So you can eat pizza rolls.

great stuff. soros and audacy was brought up a week ago in another thread...old news. we know danny from deerfield is a friend of soros' program.

wolf knows he can mess him up...parkins heaving the baseball was akin to dukakis in a tank.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:

Ignorant comments about the poor and a stated willingness to go to a grocery store qualifies as "getting taken to the woodshed"? :lol:

No but Parkins acting as if he has some sort of street cred with the people in Austin because he was there once , challenging Wolf to go there , Wolf saying ok sure name the time and Parkins clamming the fuck up about it does.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
badrogue17 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

No but Parkins acting as if he has some sort of street cred with the people in Austin because he was there once , challenging Wolf to go there , Wolf saying ok sure name the time and Parkins clamming the fuck up about it does.

Was Parkins really implying he has "street cred"? Or was he simply pointing out that he had met some people who benefit from the store? And is that somehow worse than Wolf's implication that because he's aware of a single peer-reviewed study published by "the University of Chicago", he now possesses authoritative knowledge of "poor people"?

I agree that Parkins should take Bruce up on his offer, but the landslide victory you are claiming for Bruce seems imagined rather than real.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
“ I triple dog dare you to go down to Austin and say that to their faces”
“ok lets do it “
*crickets

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:59 am 
1000 CLUB

"I know about poor people because somebody told me about a study by someone at the U of C."

*Uproarious Laughter

Last edited by Tall Midget on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:47 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Bruce Wolf is from the northern suburbs as well.

70 years old now. Time flies. I remember when he was the awkward but likable sidekick for Brandmeier and then Dahl.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Competition for NPR?

The left-wing echo chamber is a crowded place, and the SJW's on WSCR are already willing and dedicated soldiers, so it seems like a massive waste of money.

Maybe Soros is afraid Trump would defund NPR and wants to make protect the left-wing brand by launching his own version of NPR?

It certainly would open up a huge guest list for Pat chat with on Cubs broadcasts, "we are joined by (insert Soros candidate) who is running for (insert political office), now Matt Spiegel and I noticed your position on (insert left wing talking point) and would like you to expand on that".

Talk about a wet dream for lil' Danny Bernstein, he can now say he works for Soros while hanging out with his fellow SJW's.

The last nail has been hammered into the coffin of the once entertaining AM radio station known as WSCR.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Bruce Wolf > Danny Perkins all day

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:48 am 

Parkins isn't even all that liberal.

I didn't know helping the poor was leftist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:

I don’t know much about the guy but I don’t think Sam Acho is a poor.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:

It is not nor is being a leftist some sort of bad thing. Last I checked, this country still allowed freedom of expression.

That being said, Danny showed his true colors during Covid when he bemoaned the red state SEC schools opening up to play football.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:40 am 

Parkins strikes me as a guy with no belief system outside of whatever his preferred political party tells him to support. That profile fits the majority of people.

Also…
Denis wrote:
…nor is being a leftist some sort of bad thing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:49 am 

And that thinking is why we have such deep rooted problems in this country.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:53 am 

denisdman wrote:

I’m so sorry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Competition for NPR?

The left-wing echo chamber is a crowded place, and the SJW's on WSCR are already willing and dedicated soldiers, so it seems like a massive waste of money.

Maybe Soros is afraid Trump would defund NPR and wants to make protect the left-wing brand by launching his own version of NPR?

It certainly would open up a huge guest list for Pat chat with on Cubs broadcasts, "we are joined by (insert Soros candidate) who is running for (insert political office), now Matt Spiegel and I noticed your position on (insert left wing talking point) and would like you to expand on that".

Talk about a wet dream for lil' Danny Bernstein, he can now say he works for Soros while hanging out with his fellow SJW's.

The last nail has been hammered into the coffin of the once entertaining AM radio station known as WSCR.

You do realize that the neoliberal identity politics that WSCR hosts like Parkins and Bernstein have adopted are simply reflections of the ideological position of their employer, right?

It wasn't too long ago that Bernstein cohosted a show specializing in all forms of "politically incorrect" humor. That brand of humor changed with new station ownership and new corporate values. Bernstein and Parkins haven't formulated a political agenda; they are simply echoing one.

Additionally, it hardly seems that the "left-wing" (by which I think you actually mean culturally liberal and economically conservative, so the correct term to describe the ideology of the media class would be "neoliberal identity politics"; please use it in the future in deference to the fact that there is nothing inherently leftist about the dominant corporate ideology of our time) media echo chamber is any more crowded than the "right-wing" echo chamber given the popularity and reach of Fox and Sinclair.

Finally, Trump tried to rescind federal funding for NPR and failed miserably, so I doubt Soros is harboring any particular concerns about Trump's return to power in the area of public broadcasting (though he likely dislikes Trump for other reasons). If anything, Soros recognizes that NPR has increasingly become a voice of centrist orthodoxy given its heavy reliance on corporate underwriting. It would therefore seem more likely that he is trying to counter the rightward ideological drift of the media landscape than anything else.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:

i listened to one of his first shows and he couldn't wait to talk about white privilege. sounded like he was reading off a checklist that blm and other historical malcontents developed and published.

one thing to wish spinach and asparagus was .04 cents a lb on the west side. another to point fingers at millions whose only crime was studying in school/dragging a lunch box to work every day. asshole.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Spaulding wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
What’s the Proft fiasco?

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/642 ... our-mother

Quote:
Proft had responded to Riordan's tweet.

"When I say the Chicago sports press corps is inhabited by illiberal popinjays who flack for the New Marxists because they so want to be considered colleagues of the similarly disposed political press corps, it's hysterics like this goof from The Score (WSCR) I'm referencing," he wrote.

Spot the lie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If he really talks like that no wonder most every candidate he drops cash on loses.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:04 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
If he really talks like that no wonder most every candidate he drops cash on loses.

Correct. I’m more sympathetic to his politics than Parkins’ but he lost me for good with “illiberal poppinjay.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
denisdman wrote:

It really kind of is. The far left chose the Covid crisis to start up this whole " agree 100 percent with our agenda or your a racist, sexist, homophobe, hate science.... and so on. That was and is pretty fucked up and they used mass media to amplify it. People should be able to have their opinions on whatever they want and not be classified into 1 of 2 categories for life. This shouldnt really change the score (except they might hire Jules back!!!!) as major media companies have been at this for years and most people can tell what the talking heads are blowing out their ass daily. Look at the late night lineup of completely one sided political crap.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
According to the people here, the Trumpers owning the Cubs are going to allow lefties in the broadcast booth for propaganda purposes during the games. Interesting takes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Parkins is very liberal and helping the poor is a good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Competition for NPR?

You do realize that the neoliberal identity politics that WSCR hosts like Parkins and Bernstein have adopted are simply reflections of the ideological position of their employer, right?

It wasn't too long ago that Bernstein cohosted a show specializing in all forms of "politically incorrect" humor. That brand of humor changed with new station ownership and new corporate values. Bernstein and Parkins haven't formulated a political agenda; they are simply echoing one.

Additionally, it hardly seems that the "left-wing" (by which I think you actually mean culturally liberal and economically conservative, so the correct term to describe the ideology of the media class would be "neoliberal identity politics"; please use it in the future in deference to the fact that there is nothing inherently leftist about the dominant corporate ideology of our time) media echo chamber is any more crowded than the "right-wing" echo chamber given the popularity and reach of Fox and Sinclair.

Finally, Trump tried to rescind federal funding for NPR and failed miserably, so I doubt Soros is harboring any particular concerns about Trump's return to power in the area of public broadcasting (though he likely dislikes Trump for other reasons). If anything, Soros recognizes that NPR has increasingly become a voice of centrist orthodoxy given its heavy reliance on corporate underwriting. It would therefore seem more likely that he is trying to counter the rightward ideological drift of the media landscape than anything else.

Bernstein/Holmes show is littered with far left talking points off/on throughout their shows. I don't think Parkins/Spiegal are nearly that bad, but they will go there from time to time. There is also plenty of far right shows, but I don't know of many that do that in the prism of a sports talk show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Peter Puck wrote:
According to the people here, the Trumpers owning the Cubs are going to allow lefties in the broadcast booth for propaganda purposes during the games. Interesting takes.

Interesting take, guess you have missed the awkward 7th inning stretch interviews over the past....20 years or so?

Seems there have been a few times things went off the rails a bit, not sure the Trib was with Ditka and Mongo's behavior back in the day, maybe they were Trumpers when Trumping wasn't cool?

Now turn to page 25 in your hymnal and say "Orange Man Bad" 30 times to absolve from the sin of actually acknowledging a satirical post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:33 am 

Clawmaster wrote:

my best guess is that pat is an R. grew up in sunny cal. during california's R heyday. delves into capitalistic endeavors and loves $$. nostalgic for an era that has been smeared in recent years. family man. had fun with the word snowflake. i've never gotten one hint that he believes the western world is and will always be unfair to perpetual malcontents. smart enough not to run his mouth about politics on wgn radio.

yes on daniel from deerfield.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Clawmaster wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:

Interesting take, guess you have missed the awkward 7th inning stretch interviews over the past....20 years or so?

Seems there have been a few times things went off the rails a bit, not sure the Trib was with Ditka and Mongo's behavior back in the day, maybe they were Trumpers when Trumping wasn't cool?

Now turn to page 25 in your hymnal and say "Orange Man Bad" 30 times to absolve from the sin of actually acknowledging a satirical post.

Well, I guess I can now expect to hear James Carville bashing Trumpism during the 7th Inning this year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:33 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
my best guess is that pat is an R. grew up in sunny cal. during california's R heyday. delves into capitalistic endeavors and loves $$. nostalgic for an era that has been smeared in recent years. family man. had fun with the word snowflake. i've never gotten one hint that he believes the western world is and will always be unfair to perpetual malcontents. smart enough not to run his mouth about politics on wgn radio.

I remember when Senor said Hughes was "too homespun" and that he preferred the play-by-play of Ed Farmer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:51 am 

yes...also more likely to take a 23 and me dna test.

i will admit, no way pat ever cared for midnight basketball.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Curious Hair wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I remember when Senor said Hughes was "too homespun" and that he preferred the play-by-play of Ed Farmer.

Senor was spot on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:55 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Senor was spot on.

Farmer is trash, and Pat is rightly an HoF'er.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next