It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:22 pm 

Stop it. Greenberg is good looking. Dan looks like he should be crouching atop the parapet at Notre Dame in Paris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Stop it. Greenberg is good looking. Dan looks like he should be crouching atop the parapet at Notre Dame in Paris

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
I think about that too. He did national, filling in for Dan Patrick, and I thought that would be his ticket to the big leagues. The guy is certainly talented enough.

The whole 2012-2016 era of the board was dedicated to definitively proving that he wasn't.

He could have gone the Greenberg route but it was too much fun aggrandizing himself as a shock jock with halfwit Terry Boers.

Bernsie would have been an improvement looks wise over John Clayton.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:51 pm 

It's been confirmed by multiple people on here that Holmes pulls $500k a year at a minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
It's been confirmed by multiple people on here that Holmes pulls $500k a year at a minimum.

Yup, that’s what my guy says too.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yup, that’s what my guy says too.

Both of your guys have a drug and alcohol problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
I think about that too. He did national, filling in for Dan Patrick, and I thought that would be his ticket to the big leagues. The guy is certainly talented enough.

The whole 2012-2016 era of the board was dedicated to definitively proving that he wasn't.

He could have gone the Greenberg route but it was too much fun aggrandizing himself as a shock jock with halfwit Terry Boers.

Bernsie would have been an improvement looks wise over John Clayton.

Some say he's Purdue Rick's doppelganger.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
When I occasionally listen to the House of Larry podcast Larry is very paranoid about his Score gravy train ending.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:59 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
When I occasionally listen to the House of Larry podcast Larry is very paranoid about his Score gravy train ending.

Sir only needs about 10 more years, maybe less, to retire. However, as I have always said, he is more like Les than he wants to admit. He'll do that job until his last day if they let him. I appreciate that about him

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
For someone like Bernstein, don't forget that he most likely gets health insurance for his family through Audacy, since his wife is self-employed. It's not a huge deal, but for a family of four it could easily be $20k/year worth of savings, and a lot less stress for husband and wife in their 50s.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
For someone like Bernstein, don't forget that he most likely gets health insurance for his family through Audacy, since his wife is self-employed. It's not a huge deal, but for a family of four it could easily be $20k/year worth of savings, and a lot less stress for husband and wife in their 50s.

While that’s all true, the larger point is Bernstein is doing fine. Still making good money working a 4 hour gig in a major market. Guys like Vito and Claw prattle on about his demise because their tender ears can’t accept that he will continue to broadcast as long as he wants. Like it or not, The Score still makes money and Bernstein is a key player.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein is fine. He could retire comfortably right now. He cries about paying for his kids college just to pretend to be poor.

You guys keep on forgetting the millions he's gonna get from his old man when he dies. Bernstein just has to split that with his sister.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I can’t believe Spiegs is in my pay scale region.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:14 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
How many podcasters out there are actually netting $250K? I could be way off but I'd say less than the top 1%. Dan would have some audience who would follow but it isn't enormous. The advertisers on his show aren't all that impressive, even with the backing of audacy's infrastructure.

He's taking no risks with two kids in college. It's easy work for a nice salary. by the time they are finished, he'll be late 50s, coming close to collecting a fat inheritance and easing into retirement. I could see him pursuing an interest but I don't think he enjoys the work so much that you will see him doing it in 10 years.

For someone who takes such a lazy approach to programming his show, Senor seems to have some superficial workaholic tendencies. He hardly took time off for years, he'd hang around the office all day between his move to middays and the pandemic, he's made multiple references to people dying as soon as they retire, and I'm pretty sure his dad never fully retired. Even if he doesn't enjoy it, I think he at least needs to go through the motions of having a job while being effectively retired, which I guess is kind of what he's doing now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:35 am 
1000 CLUB

I do not understand why Rahimi is just not added as a 3rd member of the show. With days off, she is probably not far behind from being there full time. I know she has a full time job that she reminds the audience every break, but it seems that the full time is really just watching the Bulls game. She can do both without interfering with NBC because the NBC newscast is 2 minutes long and requires you to repeat information that most people already know. My point being is that she is a good communicator, but the full time job is not that demanding. She doesn't live in reality when she is able to do a part time job whenever called upon and the full time job is to look good, communicate and watch sports She still doesn't know what she is talking about most of the time, but Lawrence is too busy sucking ass and Dan has to pretend that she isn't an idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

While that’s all true, the larger point is Bernstein is doing fine. Still making good money working a 4 hour gig in a major market. Guys like Vito and Claw prattle on about his demise because their tender ears can’t accept that he will continue to broadcast as long as he wants. Like it or not, The Score still makes money and Bernstein is a key player.

I agree, Bernstein is well off financially from an avg of say 400K over his long run. He will able to retire, kids have no college debt, etc.

Thanks to the people bringing up the worst host of all time Mike North. I know he was making big big money at a time and turned down big money. I got his schtick, he just never talked sports which was so damn annoying after huge sporting events.

A day after or even immediately after a big game, he would go on about his softball league for an hour segment.

The Lawrence Holmes thing is the only thing I dont get. 500K? How? Say he is a teacher at Depaul, comcast sports, podcast, Score, dont know how.

If so, good for him.

The only producer I think I and all on here really like is Tanny. Really dont know any of the others, but he has to be in his mid 40s by now.
Maybe they bumped him to 100K.

If married to a nurse, who knows, guy could be living like a king, household income 250K, works 4 hours, score producer salary joke on us.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Ahhh.. a member of the Lil' Paws fan club needs inspiration.

Sorry, but do not pay attention to WSCR and have not for years, starting to become concerned as a few of our intellectual shut ins are becoming increasingly dependent upon the Claw to guide and inspire them, perhaps other can step up to guide these poor intellectual misfits as the Claw's is often busy shaping young medical professionals and to go from working with the best and brightest to inspiring the worst and dimmest is often entertaining, it is not a top priority.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Clawmaster wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Ahhh.. a member of the Lil' Paws fan club needs inspiration.

Sorry, but do not pay attention to WSCR and have not for years, starting to become concerned as a few of our intellectual shut ins are becoming increasingly dependent upon the Claw to guide and inspire them, perhaps other can step up to guide these poor intellectual misfits as the Claw's is often busy shaping young medical professionals and to go from working with the best and brightest to inspiring the worst and dimmest is often entertaining, it is not a top priority.
Ahhh…another member of the “I don’t pay attention to the Score but know everything they say” club. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The claw found the claw’s fastball.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:

I don't understand the economics of podcasts, but most have to make next to nothing. I would think they are more resume builders and it now feels like a requirement to have one. Does have a sponsor make any money? Most of these have very few downloads....

Is there any data on how many people download Holmes' podcasts?

I think his stuff is him just trying to be a personality and using it to connect with his friends. I could be proven wrong, but his podcast, like 99.9% of all others out there, have to be making no money.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
BD wrote:
I think his stuff is him just trying to be a personality and using it to connect with his friends. I could be proven wrong, but his podcast, like 99.9% of all others out there, have to be making no money.

Podcasts are like OnlyFans in that, as things anyone can do but few can do well, they both have the most psychotic Pareto distributions known to man. The Chapo Trap House hosts make $350,000 a year for 2-3 hours a week of content, and then there are thousands of podcasts with about 39 listens on soundcloud.

I think Leery just uses his podcast to do media shoptalk and topics of personal interest that on the public airwaves would be too self-indulgent even for him, which is fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:50 am 

BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I don't understand the economics of podcasts, but most have to make next to nothing. I would think they are more resume builders and it now feels like a requirement to have one. Does have a sponsor make any money? Most of these have very few downloads....

Is there any data on how many people download Holmes' podcasts?

I saw one episode from three years ago with one of his little sisters, Mina Kimes, joining him: 271 views

Another episode with Spice Adams from three years ago was much more popular: 298 views

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 am 

Beardown wrote:
Bernstein is fine. He could retire comfortably right now. He cries about paying for his kids college just to pretend to be poor.

You guys keep on forgetting the millions he's gonna get from his old man when he dies. Bernstein just has to split that with his sister.

I don't think you understand how expensive a women's study degree from a left wing college in a right wing state is...and then you have to follow it up with a masters degree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:

You never know the dynamics of any family, I've seen a few very wealthy guys not leave shit to their sons and daughters and leave it to grandchildren.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
312player wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You never know the dynamics of any family, I've seen a few very wealthy guys not leave shit to their sons and daughters and leave it to grandchildren.

I don't see shrewd Bernstein alienating his rich Jewish lawyer father to be disinherited.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
If Holmes or Parkins makes anything over 75k the station is fuckin stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:20 am 
1000 CLUB

My guess:

Bernstein: 250k (Probably at his peak he and Terry made 500k each)

Mully: 350k

Haugh: 150k

Larry: 100k

Spiegel: 200k

Parkins: 200k (Spiegel and Parkins will be looking for significant raises next negotiations. Once denied they'll take the 200k again cuz they ain't getting that much doing anything else.

Grote: 60k

Producers: 40k (Which I still think is a great salary for what they do and it's only a 20 hour work week) They all should be uber drivers with the extra time they have in their days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
My guess:

Bernstein: 250k (Probably at his peak he and Terry made 500k each)

Mully: 350k

Haugh: 150k

Larry: 100k

Spiegel: 200k

Parkins: 200k (Spiegel and Parkins will be looking for significant raises next negotiations. Once denied they'll take the 200k again cuz they ain't getting that much doing anything else.

Grote: 60k

Producers: 40k (Which I still think is a great salary for what they do and it's only a 20 hour work week) They all should be uber drivers with the extra time they have in their days.

Is the industry to the point where the 4th highest rated mid-day show in the country, hosted by two of the biggest stars on the station, both legends (in their own minds) on how to report and hold the powers that be accountable....have to take large pay cuts to keep their jobs?

I don't know....