It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: OG @ Sporting News Radio
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:10 pm 
Anyone know why OG was terminated at Sporting News Radio?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:18 pm 
yes.. he kept talking about his personal life and car deals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:49 pm 
Was he really fired? Or is this just some more anti-OG stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:56 pm 
he was terminated.. for reasons i'd rather not get into.. no reason to slander him two and a half years after the fact

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:02 pm 
But I was just listening to the radio, and the flash guy made a point that he was indeed in the house, ready to do the pre-game Bulls show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:03 pm 
Slander? That hasn't stopped the people on here before. lol. Now that the guy is allegedly history, people are going to start giving him a break. Strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:12 pm 
let's just say everything that's been said about him on the board is true...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:18 pm 
He was let go at Sporting News for financial reasons. Sporting News let all their low level hosts go. You have to give Mike some credit, without much talent, he has managed to get a job in a major market. Even if it only pays $52.34 per bulls game, at least he is developing a body of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:20 pm 
i can assure you he was not let go for financial reasons.. he wasn't the most popular guy at sporting news

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:23 pm 
inside dope wrote:
i can assure you he was not let go for financial reasons.. he wasn't the most popular guy at sporting news

Dope certainly describes you very well. Good choice on the name. I know far more people both at Sporting News Radio and ESPN 1000 and I can assure that nothing you've said is remotely true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:24 pm 

C'mon you gotta tell us. By the way, I have never heard a second of Sporting News Radio. Where are they on the dial?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:25 pm 
The reason you know far more people at Sporting News and 100 is because you are..... MIKE OGULNICK!

Get a clue - moron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:26 pm 
Terrible hosts like the OG ran it into the ground,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:29 pm 
Rico,
Sporting News Radio used to have a signal in Chicago (820 AM), but the ratings were so bad they sold the signal. Yes, Mike was a tool back then, and it seems he's still a tool. Ask "the OG" about missing an update because of making personal phone calls. That, and boring and annoying the entire staff was his non-stop political agenda. Respond to that "Guest" (or should I say Mike).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:29 pm 
inside dope wrote:
The reason you know far more people at Sporting News and 100 is because you are..... MIKE OGULNICK!

Get a clue - moron

No, I'm not. I know him. I would consider him a friend of mine, but I'm not him. By all means, though, you believe what you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:35 pm 
Former SNR Guy wrote:
Rico,
Sporting News Radio used to have a signal in Chicago (820 AM), but the ratings were so bad they sold the signal. Yes, Mike was a tool back then, and it seems he's still a tool. Ask "the OG" about missing an update because of making personal phone calls. That, and boring and annoying the entire staff was his non-stop political agenda. Respond to that "Guest" (or should I say Mike).

finally the truth... nice job former snr guy.. that, and telling anyone who'd listen he was a better host than anyone on the network.. and complaining that management wouldn't give him a chance.. i wonder where he'll go when 'mvp says bye-bye.. maybe michigan city, indiana?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:19 pm 
So, inside dope and the other SN insiders, you are saying OG was his own worst enemy, that if he showed a bit of humilty, maybe none of this happens? That's a lesson to be learned for Mike, hopefully, because unlike most people on here I do believe he has talent. For those who do not, what does he lack that others have there? Just curious.

Will he remain with the station for a couple more weeks? Or is he gone just like that?

As for guest being OG, well, if Mike doesn't have any humility then I reckon he never types this statement:
"You have to give Mike some credit, without much talent, he has managed to get a job in a major market."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:53 pm 
First of all, I will tell you that I am a friend of Mike's and I work in the business. No, I'm not Mike or his brother, but I've known him for a long time.

What was said earlier about Mike getting canned from SNR because he was late for an update was absolutely true. What was said about him complaining about not getting opportunities was also true, and I have no doubt that many of his co-workers grew tired of it.

I believe that he learned a lot from his mistakes. I've read posts saying that he is arrogant, but I haven't really heard a lot of that. As a matter of fact, I've heard him put himself down on the air a lot, way too much if you ask me. I haven't heard a lot of bragging.

Maybe I'm biased, but I think he's pretty good. Those who don't like him are certainly entitled to your opinions, but I think some of you are off base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:05 am 
Mike is displaying the same behavior at our station! Davenport Iowa get ready for the OG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:58 pm 
After sifting through all the crap I've read on this board about Mike Ogulnick, I've come to one conclusion: mediocrity resents talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:43 pm 
One last thing wrote:
After sifting through all the crap I've read on this board about Mike Ogulnick, I've come to one conclusion: mediocrity resents talent.

I guess that explains OG. He does seem to resent the other hosts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:40 am 
Leave my grandson alone you assholes, you bushy eyebrow racists!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:48 am 
grandma OG wrote:
Leave my grandson alone you assholes, you bushy eyebrow racists!

Bite me Grandma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:37 pm 
Hey grandma OG and cousin OG,

There's absolutely no need for this personal and very ignorant bullshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:41 pm 
hey mike..

shut the hell up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:00 pm 
Why all the anger towards OG, He is not the best, but he is far from the worse. The losers Jesse and Larry deserve the disgust, however OG is knowledgeable and prepared. I think there is alot of jealousy on this board, ex producers and small town radio people who never got a chance.

Direct your anger towards incompetents like Jesse and Larry, and leave OG alone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:14 pm 
OG is ok wrote:
Why all the anger towards OG, He is not the best, but he is far from the worse. The losers Jesse and Larry deserve the disgust, however OG is knowledgeable and prepared. I think there is alot of jealousy on this board, ex producers and small town radio people who never got a chance.

Direct your anger towards incompetents like Jesse and Larry, and leave OG alone!

No brother OG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:23 pm 
I am just an intelligent ,rational, liberal person that does not understand all the anger towards OG. What is wrong with the updates and Bulls production?

You should direct your dislike towards people like, Silvy, JD, Chris Collins, Finfer . They are the main problems at Espn 1000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:50 pm 
OG is Ok wrote:
I am just an intelligent ,rational, liberal person that does not understand all the anger towards OG. What is wrong with the updates and Bulls production?

You should direct your dislike towards people like, Silvy, JD, Chris Collins, Finfer . They are the main problems at Espn 1000.

All the proof you need that 'OG is okay' is really OG

I am just an intelligent, rational, liberal person - OG is a huge liberal!

You should direct your dislike towards people like Silvy, JD, Chris Collins, Finfer -- Silvy, JD, Finfer -- guys OG is jealous of because they are hosting.

And why mention Chris Collins?? Who else besides someone at WMVP - or Mike - would know who he is - and he is a producer!

Bottom line - Mike, STOP!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:09 pm 
Former Snr guy, why are you currently not on the air?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next