It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:12 pm 
OG is Ok wrote:
Former Snr guy, why are you currently not on the air?

Mike,

Who said I was ever on the air? Maybe I worked behind the scenes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:19 pm 
Since you were not an on air personality, you really should not criticize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:28 pm 
OG IS OK wrote:

Mike,

You're no proze, buddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:10 pm 
OG IS OK wrote:

oh yeah - where did you play your ball?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:15 pm 
another former snr guy wrote:
OG IS OK wrote:

Mike,

You're no proze, buddy

Former SNR guy,

First, what in the hell does "you're no proze" mean? "Proze" isn't even a word. Shows what a genius you are. It just proves one more time that the majority of people who are criticizing OG for one asinine reason or another have negative IQ's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:12 pm 
Former SNR guy,

First, what in the hell does "you're no proze" mean? "Proze" isn't even a word. Shows what a genius you are. It just proves one more time that the majority of people who are criticizing OG for one asinine reason or another have negative IQ's.[/quote]

I meant prize. It was a typo. Big deal. I'm not perfect like your beloved OG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:53 pm 
OG stop posting about yourself. This is an open forum for listeners to critique on-air talent. The fact that you feel like you must defend yourself over and over again shows quite openly all of your insecurities. Which is infinitely surprising for a man as vain as you are. If you can't handle criticism don't read the boards and if you feel like you must read the boards then don't post. It's getting pathetic dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:25 am 
Catch-22 wrote:
OG stop posting about yourself. This is an open forum for listeners to critique on-air talent. The fact that you feel like you must defend yourself over and over again shows quite openly all of your insecurities. Which is infinitely surprising for a man as vain as you are. If you can't handle criticism don't read the boards and if you feel like you must read the boards then don't post. It's getting pathetic dude.

if OG cant handle it he would send his crazy lunatic brother from vegas to threatens us all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:29 am 

lol, he posts more than rock, that's kind of sad

Exclamation moint!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:31 am 
That brilliant comment from "OG's tissue box" proves my point once again. It looks like it was written by a six year old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:35 am 
What about catch 22's comment? Pretty sure not written by a 6 year old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:58 am 
There has not been one truthful or intelligent reason on this board for the negativity towards OG. The updates and Bulls Production is professional!

Do you like the host of the other west side team? That host is uninformed and inarticulate. Is that what you enjoy listening to?

If you can do better, start paying your dues to get on the air. It is easier to criticize then do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:22 am 
Anonymous wrote:
There has not been one truthful or intelligent reason on this board for the negativity towards OG. The updates and Bulls Production is professional!

Do you like the host of the other west side team? That host is uninformed and inarticulate. Is that what you enjoy listening to?

If you can do better, start paying your dues to get on the air. It is easier to criticize then do.

Some of the points guest just made are true. Mike's updates are fine, and from what I can tell, his work with the Bulls is okay. The point about Rogers is just as accurate.

Mike's hosting work, though, is less than average. Yes, you can bring personal stuff to the table, but he does it too often, and he doesn't seem to know when to stop. He needs to be coached.

The last point 'guest' made is completely off base. The bottom line is for the most part, anyone who posts here is pretty much going by a pen name. So, we really don't know who is posting what. It could very well be that an on-air talent is posting, so the line about paying your dues means absolutely nothing.

And if what was said about Mike's off air conduct is true, then well all I can say is that he needs to grow up. Fast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:26 am 

Anonymous wrote:

Here's a truthful and intelligent reason for negativity towards OG...his voice is fucking annoying!!!! That's a pretty big deal for someone who's, you know, on the radio. Who cares about being professional if we can't stand to listen to you, I mean OG? I'd rather stab myself in the ear with a toothpick than listen to a Kermit the Frog-sounding update guy. Sure, Jesse sucks too. But that doesn't make OG any better. It is possible for two hosts in the same city to suck. In fact, in this city it's possible for more than two hosts to suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

I really don't mind the OG. As I have said before, it just gets akward when he makes some reference to not having a fulltime show, or something of that nature.

To JD "it must be nice filling in for Dan McNeil."

OG filling in for Mongo one day with JD and already after the ESPN 1000 email "jdandtheog" changed to "jdandmongo" OG said, "The email change is just like after a divorce and your ex wife changes her last name."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:52 am 
If the OG is so bad, why is he an on air personality at the number one sports station in the number one sports city in the country? This is not Omaha Nebraska!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:01 am 
Anonymous wrote:
If the OG is so bad, why is he an on air personality at the number one sports station in the number one sports city in the country? This is not Omaha Nebraska!

OG is a huge Nebraska fan. That's why we just got the Nebraska mention. Stop, Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:28 am 

Anonymous wrote:

Good question. But I'm sure Omaha, Nebraska will be happy to have him once the Bulls season wraps up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:49 am 
Quote:

"Professional" is hardly one of the adjectives I'd use to describe OG's Bulls work. Instead, words like "awkward", "strained", "clumsy", "scattered", and "insubstantial" more accurately capture OG's pre- and post-game fiascos.

Most annoying of all, though, is the inexplicable narcissism that defines OG's broadcasts. Why does he continually--and pathologically, I might add--place himself at the center of nearly all his discussions? The most obvious example of this tendency is the way he makes himself the real topic of analysis for the "Bulls Facts" segments. When Carmen hosted the Bulls pre-game show, this segment was used as a springboard for interesting, if brief, basketball talk. With OG at the helm, however, this feature has been reduced to seemingly endless exchanges about the methods OG uses to find his "facts" and the quality of the "facts" themselves. OG, it seems, much rather talk about himself than the Bulls.

Clearly, such an approach to presenting the Bulls pre-game show is anything but professional. Listeners are not tuning in to hear about the "behind the scenes" exploits of OG's professional life. We are, however, listening to obtain "behind the scenes" insight about the Bulls. The Bulls pre- and post-game shows used to provide useful information about the team in an entertaining way. OG's attempt to be more entertaining by making himself the "star" of ESPN's Bulls programming has, however, both eviscerated its informational value and alienated far more listeners than it has retained or attracted. The OG's work is uninformative, unengaging and yes, unprofessional.

YOU SUCK, OG! GO AWAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:30 pm 
great post Mac!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:26 pm 

I love OG threads even though I cannot recall ever hearing him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:50 pm 
" YOU SUCK OG GO AWAY"

Real intelligent discussion point. About as intelligent as our president![/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:02 pm 
good dolphin wrote:
I love OG threads even though I cannot recall ever hearing him.

Another well informed listener!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:06 pm 
[Tall Midget] wrote:
Quote:

"Professional" is hardly one of the adjectives I'd use to describe OG's Bulls work. Instead, words like "awkward", "strained", "clumsy", "scattered", and "insubstantial" more accurately capture OG's pre- and post-game fiascos.

Most annoying of all, though, is the inexplicable narcissism that defines OG's broadcasts. Why does he continually--and pathologically, I might add--place himself at the center of nearly all his discussions? The most obvious example of this tendency is the way he makes himself the real topic of analysis for the "Bulls Facts" segments. When Carmen hosted the Bulls pre-game show, this segment was used as a springboard for interesting, if brief, basketball talk. With OG at the helm, however, this feature has been reduced to seemingly endless exchanges about the methods OG uses to find his "facts" and the quality of the "facts" themselves. OG, it seems, much rather talk about himself than the Bulls.

Clearly, such an approach to presenting the Bulls pre-game show is anything but professional. Listeners are not tuning in to hear about the "behind the scenes" exploits of OG's professional life. We are, however, listening to obtain "behind the scenes" insight about the Bulls. The Bulls pre- and post-game shows used to provide useful information about the team in an entertaining way. OG's attempt to be more entertaining by making himself the "star" of ESPN's Bulls programming has, however, both eviscerated its informational value and alienated far more listeners than it has retained or attracted. The OG's work is uninformative, unengaging and yes, unprofessional.

YOU SUCK, OG! GO AWAY!

Provide actual instances rather then general negativity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:08 pm 
I'm not saying but I'm saying OG gets more posts then Danny Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:09 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Real intelligent discussion point. About as intelligent as our president!
[/quote]

Dear Guest [or in reality, Mike],

Please stop making it so easy for us to figure out you are posting about yourself. The comment about Dubya, and knowing how big of a liberal you are, is further proof that you are just posting positive things about yourself.

So, since we know you are blowing your own horn, please kindly sign your name to the posts, so the entire public, and more specifically your bosses, can see exactly how much of a child you are.

Either that, or do what most everyone else on the Score and 1000 does. Which means do your job, and either ignore this board completely, or read it without posting.

GODD NIGHT NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:41 pm 
Does the tallest midget constantly regale his listeners with his menu, wine list, music listening habits and vacation plans? Also did the tallest midget wimp out the day after the world series? rather hypocritical post if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:42 pm 
please stop the og.. now wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

GODD NIGHT NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:51 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

GODD NIGHT NOW!

So I am not a good typer. You aren't a good host, Mike. And again, sign your name when you post. Let everyone know you are acting like a five year old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:22 pm 
please stop the og... now wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

GODD NIGHT NOW!

So I am not a good typer. You aren't a good host, Mike. And again, sign your name when you post. Let everyone know you are acting like a five year old.

One of your many faults

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next