It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:38 pm 
Well, we all have to agree he is quite good looking. He told me himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:38 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
So who in the world is jealous of OG? I can't think of a reason to be.
Neither can I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:53 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
OG'S broken new car wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
All the good points, along with all the half truths have been discussed. However the bottom line is that OG is on the air and you are not!

Why not start a thread about pissed off jealous producers and interns who post on this site!

jeeeeee wizzzzzz OG, ur one bitter man, look into the crystal ball, ur done after the bulls. no 1 cares for u. every1 at the station hates u. when a emailer calls u out on the air last night, and the hosts chime in to prove every1 is right about how ur hated at the station what does that tell u OG??????

YOU ARE A WASTE OF SERVER SPACE

so r u og, and im not even in the radio business

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:51 pm 
"I know plenty of people who would vouch for Jesse, though people don't like him on the air, he doesn't act like some pretentious asshole to his coworkers and doesn't feel above everyone."

WRONG!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:47 pm 
og is a looser wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
All the good points, along with all the half truths have been discussed. However the bottom line is that OG is on the air and you are not!

Why not start a thread about pissed off jealous producers and interns who post on this site!

jeeeeee wizzzzzz OG, ur one bitter man, look into the crystal ball, ur done after the bulls. no 1 cares for u. every1 at the station hates u. when a emailer calls u out on the air last night, and the hosts chime in to prove every1 is right about how ur hated at the station what does that tell u OG??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:48 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
og is a looser wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Another low iq poster, must be a Silvy fan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:00 pm 
Mike,

I suggest that you come on this board and really kick some ass and that will shut up these morons.

Go for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:16 pm 
OG IS OK wrote:
Mike,

I suggest that you come on this board and really kick some ass and that will shut up these morons.

Go for it
The only ass OG can kick is his own. The guy's a giant putz. Hated on this board, hated and LAUGHED AT by other hosts. sounds like a loser to me. Come on Mikey, show us what you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:47 pm 
Quote:
A couple days ago, someone told me about this message board, and I thought I'd check it out. To my surprise, I found that there are actually people out there who don't like me. Either they don't like my voice, or what I say with my voice.

This is all a shock to me since I'm such a nice, likeable guy. I guess that's the way it goes. By the way, I was born with those eyebrows. I thought about trimming them, but they're part of who I am.

Whether you're a fan, or not, thanks for listening enough to form an opinion.

Mike

This was posted by "The Real OG" on a different thread. Now read it and go back and read all the positive posts about OG and do the math. Just read it with and imagine someone reading it to you with a brooding, whiny, fake radio voice. That's when you'll finally realize, the only one who likes OG is in fact OG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Like I said above in this thread, not even a Mike North, Danny Bernstein (who isn't disliked by all, but does have his "fans"), Jessie Rogers, even Ben Finfer have such a dedicated group of "people" to defend them the way that Mike Ogulnick does.

While I wouldn't rule out that there is the average sports radio listener who probably has no opinion of the OG, or may even think that he isn't that bad. But I don't think these average listeners would post at great lengths the way we have seen on this thread. Outside of his family and close circle of friends, I doubt there are any people who are rabid OG fans.

Seriously, Mike, tell your kids, your brother's kids, your wife's students, and everyone else to stop posting on these boards to defend you. It's really getting old man.

Just stick to the air, stop reading these boards, tell everyone you know to stay out of it, cause it's really making you look bad.

Next thing you know, people will start calling your Bulls post game and giving you crap on the air. I wouldn't wish that upon you, but it's not too far away at the rate this thread is going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:18 am 
Next thing you know, people will start calling your Bulls post game and giving you crap on the air. I wouldn't wish that upon you, but it's not too far away at the rate this thread is going.[/quote]

Most people on this board are gutless and would never personally confront anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:51 am 
Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:34 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Next thing you know, people will start calling your Bulls post game and giving you crap on the air. I wouldn't wish that upon you, but it's not too far away at the rate this thread is going.

Most people on this board are gutless and would never personally confront anyone.[/quote]

Kind of like you, posting as a guest you mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:33 pm 
I am a devoted listener of AM-1000, the Score and I do like Mike Ogulnick. Although I'm not sure the Savior really cares about radio or TV, I would like to point out that a lot of what has been said about him was said many years before about a young up-start named Howard Cosell. And look what happened to him. He was an innovator; I believe the OG has that too. There is something about this guy. You either love him or hate him, there is no in between, and I think that makes for some dynamite radio. So, don't worry Mike. Keep on course. I think you're doing great. New York should be calling soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:23 pm 
For OG wrote:
I am a devoted listener of AM-1000, the Score and I do like Mike Ogulnick. Although I'm not sure the Savior really cares about radio or TV, I would like to point out that a lot of what has been said about him was said many years before about a young up-start named Howard Cosell. And look what happened to him. He was an innovator; I believe the OG has that too. There is something about this guy. You either love him or hate him, there is no in between, and I think that makes for some dynamite radio. So, don't worry Mike. Keep on course. I think you're doing great. New York should be calling soon!

I think Bristol will be calling first, to let him know that he's a free agent after the Bulls season is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
For OG wrote:
What a load of shit!! I hope you were being sarcastic. You're right about the Cosell compairison in one aspect. They're both fucking tools!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:10 pm 
A7X,

The only load of shit is the one between your ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Ooooooooohhhhhh!! Keep that rapier wit coming "guest".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:29 pm 
Contempt,

While I must say that your posts are far more intelligent that most of the others I've read, I vehemently disagree with you. It appears to me that you're saying it's okay for the people who don't like OG to insult him, rip him, call him names, etc. but god forbid if someone defends him. Please explain to me how defending someone can make that person look bad. All it means is that not everyone dislikes him. This may come as a shock but he has many fans, far more than just "family and a close circle of friends". I personally believe this thread has run its course, everything that can be said (good or bad) has been said and now it's time to leave the guy alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:56 pm 
I think we need a big time BF IP check so we can show that everyone who has supported the crock of shit has the same one, or is the same as the guy in the other thread who admitted to being his brother.

No one loves him. Everyone hates him. He is not an innovator. WMVP is getting robbed, any homeless guy in the city would do a better job, and he'd work for less

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:04 pm 
I know several homeless people, guest, and they love OG. They love to listen to him while curled up in an old refrigerator box.
And who said this thread had dried up. It's just starting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:06 pm 
140 posts, nearing 2000 views. OG's on fire! For better or worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:50 pm 
??? wrote:
140 posts, nearing 2000 views. OG's on fire! For better or worse.
OG's got to love this thread because it is the ONLY place anywhere that people even talk about him. No wonder his family and friends keep posting, it makes OG feel important, even though most people think he SUCKS, even his co-workers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Anonymous wrote:
Contempt,

While I must say that your posts are far more intelligent that most of the others I've read, I vehemently disagree with you. It appears to me that you're saying it's okay for the people who don't like OG to insult him, rip him, call him names, etc. but god forbid if someone defends him. Please explain to me how defending someone can make that person look bad. All it means is that not everyone dislikes him. This may come as a shock but he has many fans, far more than just "family and a close circle of friends". I personally believe this thread has run its course, everything that can be said (good or bad) has been said and now it's time to leave the guy alone.

I think it's ok for people to come here and say they don't like someone, however, I have made it clear many times on this entire board (see in the Mike North section when I defended Rock), that I don't think it's cool to personally rip somebody. Calling Annie a dog, or Jen Jen a whore is not cool with me. Wishing that OG gets AIDS isn't cool with me.

What I was suggesting in regards to OG is, I just find it far-fetched that there really is any group of people (otherwise outside of the OG circle) that would care enough to post here and defend him. All in all, OG is just an update guy and a Bulls pre/post game host, who got demoted from the evening spot. Danny Mac, North, B&B, Jessie don't have nearly the amount of defenders that OG has on this board. That is why it "appears" that the people defending OG are people who are close to him.

IF there are people who strongly like OG and are actually defending him on this board, (which we will never honestly know), I'd be more than man to admit that I am wrong.

As for me, listening to him on the air in the past, he didn't bother me. They could have kept the evening show as JD and the OG and I really wouldn't care. I have no beef with him, but I'm assuming that the others won't leave him alone as long as they believe it is Mike himself coming here and posting as "Guest" while defending himself.

Post subject: The OG
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:20 am 
It is said in public relations that any publicity is good publicity. The fact that you radio "wanna-be's" have devoted 6 pages of debate to the OG is both pathetic and remarkable. Whether you like him or not, you're reacting to him. In doing so, the management at ESPN is eating it up. You want him off the station, quit writing about him. You want him on...keep it up. Any program manager would be viewing the debate very favorably. It's easy to run out the same boring BS that many of the "hosts" on ESPN throw out there. At least the OG evokes emotion.

Post subject: The OG
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:25 am 
And furthermore...who gives a rats ass why he was fired. At least he worked there and continues to have a strong presence in this market. Spend more time worrying about your own pathetic lives then his. Hell, I'd love to be doing what he's dong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:38 am 
There's a difference between publicity and public demand. There is a strong consensus that would like to not hear Mike Ogulnik ever again. This isn't good or bad PR this is the fact the we don't like him, don't measure exposure by a message board. Mike, its always been about you, never about the people listening. I'm sorry it just won't work in this business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:39 am 
If you measue your life and career by the yard stick of online message boards, it's time to take a long good look in mirror.

Post subject: Re: The OG
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:47 am 
Anonymous wrote:
It is said in public relations that any publicity is good publicity. The fact that you radio "wanna-be's" have devoted 6 pages of debate to the OG is both pathetic and remarkable. Whether you like him or not, you're reacting to him. In doing so, the management at ESPN is eating it up. You want him off the station, quit writing about him. You want him on...keep it up. Any program manager would be viewing the debate very favorably. It's easy to run out the same boring BS that many of the "hosts" on ESPN throw out there. At least the OG evokes emotion.

I think it's obvious that all the people who think you suck don't listen to you anymore. And even if they did, the only chance is pre/post of Bulls games. You got demoted from an already crappy night show by Mongo, WMVP knows what's up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:05 am 
Instead of ripping a relatively minor player on the airwaves. Why not turn your attention to the most arrogant, uninformed jerk Canellis. He actuallly does the impossible, make Rogers sound almost intelligent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next