It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:48 pm 
Defends OG wrote:
Wow, me, words of wisdom. Thanks. That set me straight. Hmmm ... I wonder if me and you are the same person?

No

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:49 pm 
Defends OG wrote:
Wow, me, words of wisdom. Thanks. That set me straight. Hmmm ... I wonder if me and you are the same person?

Just common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:59 pm 
Defends OG wrote:
I am one of the culprits who actually believes that Mike Ogulnick has talent. I am not a family member, just a fan. He deserves better than what I've read on here.
And guess what, knuckleheads? You've thrown your best sucker (yeah, easy to go after a guy when you're not giving your real names) punches at this guy and he's still standing. I gather he'll be around, flourishing mind you, long after your back in Davenport working the drive-through window at Taco John's.
Hey, you no-talent fools -- I don't give a rat's ass if you have a problem with it or if you come back with one of those witty "OG's at it again" comments. Bullies, that's all you are. And the only way to stop a bully is to look him square in the face and say "Bring it on."
Well, bring it on!
You sound like a little girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

I found it ironic, listening to Silvy and Carmen today. They were talking about how nothing is worse when your wife or family members stick up for you. They were talking about Jeff Garcia.

Well I believe the same applies for this. The people who are defending Mike Ogulnick are NOT doing him any favors. Who cares what the people who dislike him have to say? Who cares how nasty they might be? The person or persons defending Ogulnick on this board, are acting just as childish, and it certainly isn't helping Ogulnick. It just makes him look as bad as Jeff Garcia, or other people in the past who had their wifes or other close people stick up for them (Eddy Curry and his mom last year). So to the people who are posting in defense of the OG, just stop now, and eventually this thread will run its course. The more the OG defeners post, the more and more the OG haters will continue to dish out, and this thread will not stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:39 pm 
Mike Ogulnick does not sleep. He waits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:30 pm 
Quote:
I am one of the culprits who actually believes that Mike Ogulnick has talent

Can someone, anyone, define what "talent" is, as far as this sentence is concerned. He can read well? He asks probing questions to guests? He is a good journalist?

Help me out here! And no, this is not an indictment on Ogulnick, it is an indictment on this entire subculture of "radio personalities" -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:59 pm 
Defends OG wrote:
I am one of the culprits who actually believes that Mike Ogulnick has talent. I am not a family member, just a fan. He deserves better than what I've read on here.
And guess what, knuckleheads? You've thrown your best sucker (yeah, easy to go after a guy when you're not giving your real names) punches at this guy and he's still standing. I gather he'll be around, flourishing mind you, long after your back in Davenport working the drive-through window at Taco John's.
Hey, you no-talent fools -- I don't give a rat's ass if you have a problem with it or if you come back with one of those witty "OG's at it again" comments. Bullies, that's all you are. And the only way to stop a bully is to look him square in the face and say "Bring it on."
Well, bring it on!

Hope you caught MJH making fun of him today. It was funny stuff. Even the guys on his own station think he's a pompous jerk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:16 pm 
Thanks 1.7 for the update. What did they say about OG? Was it about what was written on the boards -- just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:59 pm 
If you can see Mike Ogulnik, he can see you. If you can't see Mike Ogulnik you may be only seconds away from death.

Mike Ogulnik doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:35 pm 
Quote:
What did they say about OG? Was it about what was written on the boards -- just curious.

MJH were ripping OG because Jurko laid out $200 to buy breakfast for the ESPN staff and OG, upon spying the sumptuous spread, whined that "there's no butter for my bagels".

The MJH account of this was pretty funny, really. Earlier in the day, Carmen & Silvy mentioned OG's complaining, too.

It seems that while OG has failed miserably as a broadcaster, he is at least somewhat useful to have around the station so the hosts can take shots at him on the air. Apparently, he unwittingly provides a wealth of material for them.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why OG constantly injects himself into his Bulls shows: MJH & C/S talk about him so much that he's deluded himself into believing that he's interesting. I guess poor OG is either to dimwitted or too egocentric to realize that the ESPN hosts have cast him as the "village idiot" of AM 1000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:07 pm 
Did you know that when Mike Ogulnick goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a hand gun and a bucket?
If that's not enough, Mike Ogulnick once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Mike Ogulnick re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publically claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.
If that's not enough, one Thanksgiving, Mike Ogulnick's wife burned the turkey on accident. OG said "Don't worry about it, honey," and found a live turkey and swallowed it whole. Once he regurgitated it, it was a perfectly cooked turkey, complete with cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes. When his wife asked him how he did that, he gave her a roundhouse kick to the face and said "Never question Mike Ogulnick."

Actions do speak louder than words. Thanks Chuck, er, Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:18 am 
any1 hear the email to jd,mongo,and hood ripping og? caught the end of it just wondering what was actually said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:20 am 
Mike Uglunik can make a woman climax by simply pointing at her and saying "booya".

Whenever Mike Ogulnik's wife asks him nicely to do the dishes, he throws them in the garbage and tells her she looks fat.

Mike Ogulnik never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself out of fear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:23 am 
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but OG is much worse than Jessie. Neither are good, but for all OG hypes himself up for, you'd think he could at least be the tallest midget. Then you look at the other factors, mainly, that OG is a grade A douche. Who would vouch for him besides family? No one, maybe JD, out of sympathy. I know plenty of people who would vouch for Jesse, though people don't like him on the air, he doesn't act like some pretentious asshole to his coworkers and doesn't feel above everyone. Just on this board and the airwaves alone: all the hosts on AM 1000 have made fun of him, an intern posted against him on the board, former employees telling us everything we hear is true, and the stuff he spews himself, like how he used to cry about how he didn't have a car deal a couple months ago. You must be glad that Rooney is out of town now

Bulls games on the radio are now dead to me. I think about turning it on and then remember the possibility of hearing OG's voice and go against it. Yes, I'd rather hear Redd creaming himself and making random noises. I remember after the Bulls got eliminated last year, he kept talking about stupid ass topics completely irrelevant to the game or team, like how Eddie Jordan came off in his interviews. Ummm, who gives a shit? And his prediction that Ben would be traded or used as trade bait in the offseason, yeah, that happened. If he was used as trade bait he'd be gone with the number of teams that would want him.

OG reminds me of a less acomplished (possible?) Bernstein with a more annoying voice. I felt bad the first time people completely ripped on him, but the way him and his family responded and all the 'tracking down' antics and showing of the pretentious, self serving, annoying, and boring person he really is quickly changed my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he made up the fact that he has a wife and kids, just so he could talk about them on the air (and yes, when you talk about them and they actually post/use the board, then they're fair game). The worst thing is the 'jealousy' or 'you aren't on the radio' angle. If this were the case then everyone would go after Danny Mac who has a sweet contract, there's a reason they go after you. You got replaced by Mongo, and that was before the Bulls started, sad. And yes, JHood is better than you. Do us a favor and move, I'm sure Nebraska needs an update guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:24 am 
1.75 and Mike's brother, you two are either blithering idiots or mental patients. I've read alot of ridiculous crap about Mike Ogulnick on this forum but your utterly stupid comments take the cake. How childish can you get! As for MJH and C & S making fun of Mike, you're talking about people who are a bunch of small minded jackasses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:51 am 
Mike is not the best on the air, but he is far from the worst. He is basically solid. Other hosts like Mac are aholes off the air, but they seem to get a pass on this board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:12 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Mike is not the best on the air, but he is far from the worst. He is basically solid. Other hosts like Mac are aholes off the air, but they seem to get a pass on this board.

Mike, stop complaining. Stop defending yourself. It's not going to work. Just do your job on the air and stay away from the board. You are going to give yourself a stroke if you keep this up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:16 am 

Anonymous wrote:

How would you know Mac is an asshole off the air? Unless, of course, you work around him. Perhaps you even do updates at the same station. Seriously Ogulnick, you look really pathetic coming on this board, passing yourself off as a listener, and vehemently defending yourself. None of us are fooled. As an earlier poster said, even the big shots don't get defended like you've defended yourself on this site. No one comes on as "guest" and rambles on about how good Mac or Boers or North are on the air. You are making it way too obvious. You suck...plain and simple. Take it like a man and move on. I don't see Jesse Rogers defending himself in every other post, yet he gets ripped more than anyone on this site. Wrack me, I'm out,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:43 am 
[Tall Midget] wrote:
Quote:
What did they say about OG? Was it about what was written on the boards -- just curious.

MJH were ripping OG because Jurko laid out $200 to buy breakfast for the ESPN staff and OG, upon spying the sumptuous spread, whined that "there's no butter for my bagels".

The MJH account of this was pretty funny, really. Earlier in the day, Carmen & Silvy mentioned OG's complaining, too.

It seems that while OG has failed miserably as a broadcaster, he is at least somewhat useful to have around the station so the hosts can take shots at him on the air. Apparently, he unwittingly provides a wealth of material for them.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why OG constantly injects himself into his Bulls shows: MJH & C/S talk about him so much that he's deluded himself into believing that he's interesting. I guess poor OG is either to dimwitted or too egocentric to realize that the ESPN hosts have cast him as the "village idiot" of AM 1000.

He's the Murph of MVP!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:00 am 
Hey, guest, just trying to lighten the load here. Sorry to offend. If you don't know, Chuck Norris is a very quotable star and, for our amusement, we were taking CN quotes and replacing his name with OG's.
Actually, I thought it was pretty funny.

Here's my favorite CN quote (something that I think will serve you well, all of us really):

"Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am 
BD
this thread needs to be shut down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:23 am 
Anonymous wrote:
BD

That is for Big Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:31 am 
Anonymous wrote:
BD

Why? It's just starting to get good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:58 am 
All the good points, along with all the half truths have been discussed. However the bottom line is that OG is on the air and you are not!

Why not start a thread about pissed off jealous producers and interns who post on this site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:14 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
All the good points, along with all the half truths have been discussed. However the bottom line is that OG is on the air and you are not!

Why not start a thread about pissed off jealous producers and interns who post on this site!

Because you are the only one who continues to respond and extend this thread. Did you get butter for your bagels today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:29 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

jeeeeee wizzzzzz OG, ur one bitter man, look into the crystal ball, ur done after the bulls. no 1 cares for u. every1 at the station hates u. when a emailer calls u out on the air last night, and the hosts chime in to prove every1 is right about how ur hated at the station what does that tell u OG??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:10 pm 
OG'S broken new car wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

jeeeeee wizzzzzz OG, ur one bitter man, look into the crystal ball, ur done after the bulls. no 1 cares for u. every1 at the station hates u. when a emailer calls u out on the air last night, and the hosts chime in to prove every1 is right about how ur hated at the station what does that tell u OG??????

YOU ARE A WASTE OF SERVER SPACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:11 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Well Said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:35 pm 
So who in the world is jealous of OG? I can't think of a reason to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:37 pm 
This thread has given me more entertainment than both the Score and AM-1000 have given me in a year. Keep it up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next